What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 4 (1 Viewer)

Hard to pass on that 4.6K price tag.  
Agreed. He makes the other pieces work so well. 

I’m tinkering with a Carr/Cooper/Jordy stack to run as a counter narrative to what everyone seems to think will be that game’s script. Can add either Landry or Calloway to really let me beef-up everywhere else. 

Agreed. He makes the other pieces work so well. 

I’m tinkering with a Carr/Cooper/Jordy stack to run as a counter narrative to what everyone seems to think will be that game’s script. Can add either Landry or Calloway to really let me beef-up everywhere else. 
:lol:  

I just got done putting in an Oakland stack on DK.  I went cheap and tried Carr/Cook/Richard + Callaway.  

I ended up with:

Brees, Kamara, Thomas and Watson

Bernard

Boyd, Allison

Cleveland

Started with the 3 Saints and thought Watson was good value since I had to save some money somewhere. I wanted to do a NO/LAC and add in Gordon and LAC D but it was too rich. 

My 10man league uses the Sun-Mon slate, so I ended up with:

Watson

Kamara/Gordon/Gio

Fuller/JuJu/Callaway

Eifert

Cleve

Also threw it in a gpp.  Like it as a cash+ LU for a league, but I'm a little nervous not having more Pitts and KC exposure (especially since there are a few Pitts fans in the league)

Quick nuggets as I drunkenly built out my lineups last night. Doing something this week I usually don’t do, did a dozen .01 lineups for Sunday milly tickets, did 6 .25 for Sunday milly tickets too. That plus my normal weekly entries had me doing like 25 total entries. I went with odd stacks in some of them, but where I’m finding myself lading a lot is a Hyde/Browns DEF  stack or a DET DEF / Kerryon Johnson (big believer in him this week and season long) stack. Opens up so much of the rest of the LU. 

Players used the most :

QB - Brees/Watson/Ryan/Mayfield

RB - Kamara, Barkley, Gio, James White/Sony Michel, Hyde, K. Johnson

WR - Shepard, Thomas, Julio, A.J., Landry, Hilton, Fuller, ODB

TE - Ebron, Eifert, Graham

Def - Philly, Det, Cle 

That Cinc/Atl game is fun just because there are so many way to attack it.  I was having fun with some 25cent LUs doing a couple different combos of that game, like:

Dalton/Ross/Eifert + Coleman/Sanu    and that allowed me to fit in Zeke/Barkley/M.Thomas and Jax D.  

Quick nuggets as I drunkenly built out my lineups last night. Doing something this week I usually don’t do, did a dozen .01 lineups for Sunday milly tickets, did 6 .25 for Sunday milly tickets too. That plus my normal weekly entries had me doing like 25 total entries. I went with odd stacks in some of them, but where I’m finding myself lading a lot is a Hyde/Browns DEF  stack or a DET DEF / Kerryon Johnson (big believer in him this week and season long) stack. Opens up so much of the rest of the LU. 

Players used the most :

QB - Brees/Watson/Ryan/Mayfield

RB - Kamara, Barkley, Gio, James White/Sony Michel, Hyde, K. Johnson

WR - Shepard, Thomas, Julio, A.J., Landry, Hilton, Fuller, ODB

TE - Ebron, Eifert, Graham

Def - Philly, Det, Cle 
I like a lot of that, and it looks like my core for the week too.  I am a little heavier on GB, and used my cheap darts at Wr on guys like T.Gabriel and C.Kirk.  

After I thought about doing the tix contests, I think the reason I stay away is because then I have to have 2 15% LUs to win money (one for tix, one for the gpp the tix was for), and I am not good enough at this to feel like I would come out ahead in that situation.  Seems like BnB is crushing it though, so maybe I have to reconsider that.  

Any concern with NO playing outdoors? Offense isn’t quite as prolific on the road (outdoors) the past couple years if I remember correctly. 

1.70 invested in the .25 and .01 ticket contests. 26 lineups. 6 @ .25 and 20 @ .01. If only one of those wins a 9$ ticket, it’s totally worth it. Multiple wins would be better of course. Dolphins/cardinal/Raider/SF/colts stacks used in the .01 version. Never would I have the sack to put them in my cash games or $gpp entries. But we’re fun to put together none the less. 

$19 invested for my gpps/cash games. Putting me at about 21 for the week (barring any last minute entries). One ticket on top of a positive cash return would make me happy for the week. Pulling for a big win would rock of course, but that’s up to the gods. (Zues, hook a brother up!) lol

I like a lot of that, and it looks like my core for the week too.  I am a little heavier on GB, and used my cheap darts at Wr on guys like T.Gabriel and C.Kirk.  

After I thought about doing the tix contests, I think the reason I stay away is because then I have to have 2 15% LUs to win money (one for tix, one for the gpp the tix was for), and I am not good enough at this to feel like I would come out ahead in that situation.  Seems like BnB is crushing it though, so maybe I have to reconsider that.  
Also like Kirk this week a bit. 

But back to the tickets, for under 2 bucks, they are straight lottery tickets. If I got 2 bucks at the gas station, I’ll buy a scratcher and not think twice. Not looking to next week and just hoping one wins a ticket. That’s just a 7$ profit right there. With a chance next week to win big in a contest I won’t usually enter at its price. 

Just my take on it. I’m glad BnB opened my eyes to it. 

I can’t not have Kamara just about everywhere. Any word on his hammie?
He’s not in all my lineups, but I have him in a good chunk of them, at least half.  Last week of a full load of carries before Ingram comes back. Gonna ride that wave until it crashes. Last I read he should be good to go for today. That he  Looked way better Friday 

With the current batch of cheap viable plays, let’s me keep him in more lineups as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t not have Kamara just about everywhere. Any word on his hammie?
It was his knee and I would be zero concerned. Have him in over half my lineups. Last week running the show and the schedule gets brutal for a few weeks. 

I’m getting away from kamara this week. I like gio (receiving backs cs Atlanta). 

Cheap wrs im rolling out

mike williams

golladay

stills

allison

don’t  know how these guys are so cheap still. 

Lots of gronk, I think David Johnson gets going. Good luck fellas.

Man, the Indy offense is really making it hard for their defense. I picked Indy D in about half of my entries

Holy ####... I think it is time for me to cash out and just walk away from this game.  My 50/50 pay lines are in the 170's!!!!  I'm in the mid 130's and I am not even sniffing the pay line.   Scoring is off the charts, and clearly I am not good enough to hang.  

I’m getting away from kamara this week. I like gio (receiving backs cs Atlanta). 

Cheap wrs im rolling out

mike williams

golladay

stills

allison

don’t  know how these guys are so cheap still. 

Lots of gronk, I think David Johnson gets going. Good luck fellas.
This didn’t work out.....

Put up 181.4 today in a private game.  Just wondering where that would have put me in the million dollar game.  Thx

Put up 181.4 today in a private game.  Just wondering where that would have put me in the million dollar game.  Thx
I finished 27000 and won $16 with 175. 

$14 in and $35 out. Also won a ticket for Million dollar game next week(just missed out on 3 more)

Interested to see how Dodds did. He had 50 entries in Million.....

I finished 27000 and won $16 with 175. 

$14 in and $35 out. Also won a ticket for Million dollar game next week(just missed out on 3 more)

Interested to see how Dodds did. He had 50 entries in Million.....
What's the leading score?

Cashlines in my gpps we're 154+(my scores 148/152) and 177 and 181 for 50/50(169 for me)

$8 in nothing out

Holy scoring, Batman.  I will consider myself lucky to break even between the two sites today.  Sad that my first 200pt LU of the year is only cashing for $8 in the Mon-Thurs, so even that won't last as KC will probably be owned and put up their usual 50pts.  

I am starting to think like Galileo.  

Broke even this week. Feel happy about that. I was all-in on Eifert and I need to send an apology about destroying his season. I was big on Cleveland D as well but of course the Raiders decide to make a very profitable week a break even one. 

18 in and came out with a ticket to the sunday milly and 15 bucks. i'll take it. Had so much potential after the 1 o'clock games. That went down fast after the second set of games. 

Doing pretty good on DRAFT this week though, 20 in and at least 50 out with a few players from KC still to go. 

Galileo said:
Holy ####... I think it is time for me to cash out and just walk away from this game.  My 50/50 pay lines are in the 170's!!!!  I'm in the mid 130's and I am not even sniffing the pay line.   Scoring is off the charts, and clearly I am not good enough to hang.  
Yep. My cash lineup put up 167, and I missed the cut on every single 50/50 and 2x. Crazy. This might be the new normal with teams putting up video game scores every week. 

Yep. My cash lineup put up 167, and I missed the cut on every single 50/50 and 2x. Crazy. This might be the new normal with teams putting up video game scores every week. 
I haven't looked at pricing, but FD is usually slower to raise prices anyway.   It doesn't help that the first few weeks it's been pretty easy to jam in 3 stud RBs and get away with cheap guys at WR.  

I am hoping that in a couple weeks the Kamaras of the world will be pushing 10K salary and it will be harder to find the dirt cheap plays, so maybe the scores on FD will drop a bit as a result as well.  

Also, it seems like FD has priced up the players on the single game slate.  Unless I am missing something, it looks like if you do both QBs tomorrow night you are rocking 2 PKs and D.Thomas along with them.  

$14 of profit locked in plus 7 $9 tickets.  That includes $7 lost in college.  I have $53.83 still in play that is already included earned winnings in the profit calculation.  Currently none cashing (one $5 ticket is basically a lock), but some of those should go into the green.

4 of my 6 milly entires cashed (all were tickets).  Cash line was at 153.74.

Still using the same strategy.  Playing the double QBs in the single games to chase tickets.  Playing the tickets like cash games.  Chase overlay in other tournies where available.  Still haven't played a cash game this year.  Play a few $1-$2 single entry gpps for fun.

$14 of profit locked in plus 7 $9 tickets.  That includes $7 lost in college.  I have $53.83 still in play that is already included earned winnings in the profit calculation.  Currently none cashing (one $5 ticket is basically a lock), but some of those should go into the green.

Still using the same strategy.  Playing the double QBs in the single games to chase tickets.  Playing the tickets like cash games.  Chase overlay in other tournies where available.  Still haven't played a cash game this year.  Play a few $1-$2 single entry gpps for fun.
I’m trying this idea this week. 

Oof started off so strong with the 1’s then fell flat on my face. M Thomas killed me - the NO/NYG game essentially killed me. But I also had several LU’s with Fuller, Eifert and Breida. Hard to cash with 3 injuries. 

Still don't get how you are profiting with this, but good on you.  

Aren't there a really small % of tix in these contests? (aren't they usually top 10% or less?  -ie I think the $.01 one yesterday was 50 tix out of 50K entries or something).   I would just think that if you are nailing these consistently that you would also be kicking the crap out of gpps that you'd enter with those LUs. Or are you doing that as well - taking the same LU and entering it in a gpp and a couple tix contests?  

Barely lost in 8 lineups because I pulled Cohen for Allison in the flex when I heard Cobb was out. 

Didn't have Trubs anywhere and that hurt, but I went all in on Giants and had Eli and OBJ or Eli/Shepherd/OBJ in lots of lineups. Should have just rolled out Shepherd.

Was a rough week, didn't win any satellites, 12 $0.25 entries. In cash had a $7 return on $11, so $7 on $14, not terrible. But had a lot of 150+ pt lineups that got $0 because the average was 170+. 

Had a gut feeling about Mike Williams and Kenny Golladay, both were relative disappointments. 

Looking at BnB's concept for the 5 man single game entries. For tonights game with KC/DEN, Heuerman is the new starting TE in Denver. Not saying he is going to be a game winner, but at 5500, he lets you get both QB's in the lineup with 2 other players you may like. Sutton is another one in Denver at a good price point 7500. you can get both QB's in with him, but you your other 1-2 spots are crapshoots. 

Still don't get how you are profiting with this, but good on you.  

Aren't there a really small % of tix in these contests? (aren't they usually top 10% or less?  -ie I think the $.01 one yesterday was 50 tix out of 50K entries or something).   I would just think that if you are nailing these consistently that you would also be kicking the crap out of gpps that you'd enter with those LUs. Or are you doing that as well - taking the same LU and entering it in a gpp and a couple tix contests?  
Trying to focus on contests that have a larger percentage of tickets or enough overlay to give me better odds.  Also been focusing on single game contests where I can cover enough options that something will cash for a ticket.  I don't enter a many of the single game gpps.  There aren't that many cheap single entry gpps in that format and the train at the top chops the prizes to the point that you're basically playing cash.  Those are also filling so you are losing 15-20% rake right off the top.  On a .25 ticket entry you'll win a $9 ticket for 250th place (assuming 250 tickets available).  That would pay probably .50 to $1 in a gpp.  You really need to construct different lineups for ticket contests v. taking down a single game gpp.

Here's an example...I had a 80 point last night that won a $9 ticket in a a .25 entry fee contest.  In the $1 entry gpp that 80 point lineup would have won $3.  2nd best lineup in that gpp was worth $25.  Basically the same return for finishing in the 2.5% as the finishing in the top 0.01%.

What this mostly tells me is that these single game gpps are not the best place to invest your entry fees.

Looking at BnB's concept for the 5 man single game entries. For tonights game with KC/DEN, Heuerman is the new starting TE in Denver. Not saying he is going to be a game winner, but at 5500, he lets you get both QB's in the lineup with 2 other players you may like. Sutton is another one in Denver at a good price point 7500. you can get both QB's in with him, but you your other 1-2 spots are crapshoots. 
I may jinx myself, but I like this slate.  Very unlikely the RBs be the QBs, so the QBs must be in the MVP slot.  These are the slates you can feast on.  Plenty of people will play the RBs attempting to take down first place which is a viable strategy.  You can still cash in a ticket contest if you miss out on one of those guys.  KC defense is bad against the pass, so the two guys finest mentioned are good targets.

I haven't looked at pricing, but FD is usually slower to raise prices anyway.   It doesn't help that the first few weeks it's been pretty easy to jam in 3 stud RBs and get away with cheap guys at WR.
yeah, my WRs were the nail in the coffin. I had Matt Ryan, Gio Bernard, Zeke Elliott and Tyler Eifert all put up good #s in the early games. when Kamara went off, I thought I was golden for sure. but my WRs (OBJ, Callaway, Golladay) didn't come thru and the SEA defense kinda #### the bed. I should feel good about a 167 in cash, but I can't...

Tonight's single-game slate.  Mahomes, Keenum, Hunt, Courtland Sutton and Conley.

I've been hit or miss with these, but damn if they're not kinda fun!

yeah, my WRs were the nail in the coffin. I had Matt Ryan, Gio Bernard, Zeke Elliott and Tyler Eifert all put up good #s in the early games. when Kamara went off, I thought I was golden for sure. but my WRs (OBJ, Callaway, Golladay) didn't come thru and the SEA defense kinda #### the bed. I should feel good about a 167 in cash, but I can't...
I didn't play any cash games this week, but what was the score to make the cut. I was in the mid to high 170's

Users who are viewing this thread