What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread***aka AHRN'S MURDER HOBO ADVENTURE: HUNTS ELK AND PLAYS POKER (1 Viewer)

All set to jam this Friday night. Deluxe physical version and Collectors hardcover guide. Been playing RDR again to get back into the mood and this game is going to be incredible. I have avoided all leaks and trailers.....want to be totally unspoiled!

All set to jam this Friday night. Deluxe physical version and Collectors hardcover guide. Been playing RDR again to get back into the mood and this game is going to be incredible. I have avoided all leaks and trailers.....want to be totally unspoiled!
Is the hardcover guide well worth it? I saw it online at Gamestop webpage and thinking of possible getting it. 

Is the hardcover guide well worth it? I saw it online at Gamestop webpage and thinking of possible getting it. 
I like hardcovers for huge open world games. It is the same as the normal guide....but I feel for a game you will pour 75-100 hours into.....it is nice to have that bound hardcover guide. I have the hardcover for Skyrim, Fallout IV, The Witcher 3 and Dragons Age III. Love them.

Got a perfect 10 from IGN. 

Going on vacation next week so I won’t get to play till mid-November. :kicksrock:
A lot of top reviews coming in. I didn’t expect much less, I’m sure it’ll be top notch. The only time I remember super high reviews for a game I ended up not enjoying was actually GTA4. That game was boring af. 

For some reason, I never finished the first one.  But this looks pretty damn awesome and I need a new game.

Is there really any sort of great difference between the regular xbox one and the X? Looking at IGN's comparison video I can BARELY tell the difference. Is that whole thing basically a scam to try and get me to drop $500 on basically the same console?

For some reason, I never finished the first one.  But this looks pretty damn awesome and I need a new game.

Is there really any sort of great difference between the regular xbox one and the X? Looking at IGN's comparison video I can BARELY tell the difference. Is that whole thing basically a scam to try and get me to drop $500 on basically the same console?
Do you have a 4K tv?  If not, I wouldn’t stress it. If you do, 1x all the way. 

Nah, I dont. 8 year old Sony Bravia still hanging on for now. Appreciate it.
Yeah then I wouldn’t stress it. That’s why you probably don’t notice a huge difference in the comparison vids. Yeah they textures are cleaner and it’ll run smoother, but it’s not a huge deal. But if you’re on a 4K TV/monitor, then yeah it’s a pretty big difference. 

They have a deal going on - buy Red DEad 2 for Xbox One X and get a console for 399.

Been kicking around the idea of getting an xbox - and I pulled the trigger.  Xbox One X Rise of Tomb Raider plus Red Dead for 490 after taxes.

I dont have a 4k TV either but my 1080p projector should look better ... I hope

Last edited by a moderator:
A few mention the start is boring and it takes some time to get into it. That sucks for me because I only get to play a few hours a week. 
I tried playing the first RDR a few months back for the second time. I only made it like two hours and it was super boring. I think all these games suck at the start because they have so many game mechanics to introduce to people. 

Also off topic but 41-17 Tigers. 

I tried playing the first RDR a few months back for the second time. I only made it like two hours and it was super boring. I think all these games suck at the start because they have so many game mechanics to introduce to people. 

Also off topic but 41-17 Tigers. 
Probably. We’ll get it back by 2020. 

They have a deal going on - buy Red DEad 2 for Xbox One X and get a console for 399.

Been kicking around the idea of getting an xbox - and I pulled the trigger.  Xbox One X Rise of Tomb Raider plus Red Dead for 490 after taxes.

I dont have a 4k TV either but my 1080p projector should look better ... I hope
Where?

A few mention the start is boring and it takes some time to get into it. That sucks for me because I only get to play a few hours a week. 
You say a few mention that, but most don't.  

I'm not worried.  The game is just a slower pace overall.  IGN said the first part was a little slow but it also served as a tutorial.  I'm OK w/ that.

I can't wait to see the horse balls shrink in cold weather.  

The following is from the GameSpot review...

A lengthy series of story missions early on introduces you to some of the ways you can spend your time, including hunting, fishing, horse-rearing, and robbery. There are a lot of systems, and covering the basics takes several hours. While they're not so cleverly disguised as to not feel like tutorials, the actual learning is paced well in its integration with the story, and the missions also acquaint you with the characters and the surrounding area.

Ughhhh, I work overnights tonight and tomorrow. Probably gonna just sleep until like 2pm Saturday, shower, eat breakfast, go get that sumbi**h and play my weekend away.

For those of you wondering about the differences among the various console versions, here's the latest info I've seen on reddit:

Xbox One / S     -1600x900 and below (sub 900p)

PS4 / Slim         -1920x1080 (1080p)

PS4 Pro             -1920x2160 (upscaled to 4K, dynamic)

Xbox One X       -3840x2160 (2160p, native 4K, possibly dynamic)

The giant gap between the One X and the normal Xbox is very noticeable, in my opinion. But as Bigmarc has pointed out, if you don't have a 4K tv it probably won't matter as much.

You know the best part about not caring about having the best version of the console paired with the best TV?

I will have absolutely no idea what I am supposedly missing. 
:lol:   I only got it because i never bought one of the newer xboxes.   I was due.   

I was anti Xbox after all the shenanigans at their initial launch.   Now I just used red dead as an excuse :)  

:lol:   I only got it because i never bought one of the newer xboxes.   I was due.   

I was anti Xbox after all the shenanigans at their initial launch.   Now I just used red dead as an excuse :)  
Welcome back!

I am rocking the old / original Xbone (I think :unsure:  )

Staying away from reviews (already bought the game so who cares), but all of the headlines I am seeing are touting the #### out of this. 

❕❕❕❕❕

I have skimmed a few reviews, and looked at a few funny .gifs on reddit.  Trying hard to avoid spoilers so I look for comments about the review online somewhere first.  I just can't get the game off my mind today.  Only 7.5 hours.

I'm staying analog on this one. More authentic.
I got ultimate edition. I like having a physical copy of stuff. I use to do the same with Music CDs especially when a favorite band would release a collectors edition of their new album or whatever. 

I'm on disc 2 now of copying. So far disc one was barely 30 mins to download. Not sure why I needed two disc because it looks like disc 2 is coping what was put into the system of disc 1

Everyone was pretty jacked at GameStop tonight when I picked up my pre-order. 

Unfortunately I'm old now and will probably be asleep by the time it finishes copying. I miss the old days of being able to play as soon as I got home. 

Everyone was pretty jacked at GameStop tonight when I picked up my pre-order. 

Unfortunately I'm old now and will probably be asleep by the time it finishes copying. I miss the old days of being able to play as soon as I got home. 
Yeah I remember those days and EVERYTHING WAS ON THE GAME NO DLCS OR ANYTHING. 

And I'm ready to start playing OMG OMG I'm so exited. I've waited yrs for this game and I can finally play it. 

NOTE TO EVERYONE IF YOU ARE GONNA POST ANY SPOILERS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PUT SPOILERS BEFORE IT AND HIT A COUPLE SPACES SO WE CAN'T SEE IT YET

And I'm ready to start playing OMG OMG I'm so exited. I've waited yrs for this game and I can finally play it. 

NOTE TO EVERYONE IF YOU ARE GONNA POST ANY SPOILERS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PUT SPOILERS BEFORE IT AND HIT A COUPLE SPACES SO WE CAN'T SEE IT YET
#### that.  Use a spoiler box.

Type:  <spoiler>  text </spoiler>       but replace the <> with []

So how is it?   I'm just back from the Texans game, no voice, a headache, and tired as hell.  Not going to give it a try tonight as I won't appreciate it in this shape.

Users who are viewing this thread