Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread***aka AHRN'S MURDER HOBO ADVENTURE: HUNTS ELK AND PLAYS POKER


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A shot a deer but it wasn’t clean so it laid there crying. My mortified wife watched with her jaw dropped and then started lightly crying. She walked ot of the room when I skinned it.    Hav

Does anyone know how the “witness” system works? I understand that, on a basic level, if you commit a crime with a witness sitting there you can get flagged. A more interesting aspect: dead bodie

More controller fun. I walk out of the St Denis gunsmith, my horse waiting right there for me on the curb. I hit Y to mount him, and Arthur grabs a woman to the right who wasn't even on-screen, a

6 minutes ago, msommer said:

How open world is it?

And is there stuff to do after the campaign is over?

 

Did you never play a GTA game? It's entirely open world after chapter 1 and yes there is almost too much to do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Did you never play a GTA game? It's entirely open world after chapter 1 and yes there is almost too much to do. 

Nope, no GTA for me - I came late to the consoles

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GregR said:

In camp, change your clothes and choose the type (hat, vest, whatever) and I believe it should be a choice in there.      ETA:  Ok, maybe not.  My stupid legendary bear hat is available on the horse, but not in camp.  Nor are the legendary elk gloves I bought when I messed up and didn't have a winter outfit with me out north of Strawberry.

Speaking of clothes, I was wrong that the Trapper doesn't have anything with a bonus.  The Reinforced sets will give you a Health, Stamina or Dead Eye bonus. But you need the full set and each set is unlocked by completing one of the types of Challenges (Survivalist, Horseman, etc).

There's a whole tab/column for custom made clothing. All that stuff is there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 5:06 PM, mozzy84 said:

Yep zero regrets on using the glitch here. I get in way to much trouble with the law so it’s totally worth it to me.   I ended up cashing out 3k worth and saved the rest of the bars for a rainy day.  

I really don’t care or have the time to loot every body I kill to earn a couple bucks, I’d rather do other stuff.  Totally get where some people feel it would make the game worse, I’m opposite I think it’s better being able to upgrade some stuff right away.   

 

How do you bank money? Or is it always on you? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

There's a whole tab/column for custom made clothing. All that stuff is there. 

Thanks, found it.

11 minutes ago, joker said:

And how come when i load a game, i start far way from where i saved it? 

Just how it is.  It moves you to one of a few campsites nearby. It can come in handy sometimes. I just climbed up to a spot to get a recipe pamphlet, and then camped knowing it would put me down on flat ground safely at the bottom.

 

Ok, so on the subject of recipe pamphlets... you have to go manually read some of them to have the recipe added. Special Miracle Tonic, Poison Arrows, Homing Tomahawk, all of them I found or bought the pamphlet for but they weren't options until I went into inventory -> Documents -> Recipe Pamphlets and then read each of them.   You can read the first and then d-pad left/right to cycle through all the rest to make sure you didn't miss reading any.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I came across a body of a guy who had been lynched, and I stopped to take a look. Three guys then emerged from the woods and pulled me off my horse.  I put a double-barrel round in one, but then another stabbed me (!) which was a OHK apparently.  Pretty cool encounter overall, and I wish I had been better prepared mentally.

I think I'm still in Chapter 2.  I talked with John about the train robbery and went on my fishing trip, but noting of note otherwise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda thinking I'm over this. Too much maintenance and I just suck at the combat. Constantly running across groups of bounty hunters and I'm pretty sure I haven't won a fight yet. If I stand and fight, they just mow me down. if I run, they just potshot me until I eventually die. If i run until i find a decent choke point, I'll kill like 3 of them until I have to reload my gun and then I die.

Not really feeling it at all. Even the "fun" missions with the shootouts haven't really done it for me.

Glad some people are enjoying it but it just seems like a confusing chore for me. Too many systems to worry about and the controls are just weak. And I dont even feel like robbing anyone or doing anything fun because I dont feel like having a $300 bounty that I'll never able to pay off (at least not if i EVER want to upgrade anything at my camp)

Edited by TLEF316
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I came across a body of a guy who had been lynched, and I stopped to take a look. Three guys then emerged from the woods and pulled me off my horse.  I put a double-barrel round in one, but then another stabbed me (!) which was a OHK apparently.  Pretty cool encounter overall, and I wish I had been better prepared mentally.

I think I'm still in Chapter 2.  I talked with John about the train robbery and went on my fishing trip, but noting of note otherwise.

Where did this happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

Kinda thinking I'm over this. Too much maintenance and I just suck at the combat. Constantly running across groups of bounty hunters and I'm pretty sure I haven't won a fight yet. If I stand and fight, they just mow me down. if I run, they just potshot me until I eventually die. If i run until i find a decent choke point, I'll kill like 3 of them until I have to reload my gun and then I die.

Not really feeling it at all. Even the "fun" missions with the shootouts haven't really done it for me.

Glad some people are enjoying it but it just seems like a confusing chore for me. Too many systems to worry about and the controls are just weak. And I dont even feel like robbing anyone or doing anything fun because I dont feel like having a $300 bounty that I'll never able to pay off (at least not if i EVER want to upgrade anything at my camp)

Dead-eye and chaw to replenish it, bro.

The story missions and whatever you run into will give you more money than you can possibly spend.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cockroach said:

Dead-eye and chaw to replenish it, bro.

The story missions and whatever you run into will give you more money than you can possibly spend.  

well if that's the case, then I'm definitely out.  Having to rely on an auto-shot cheat mode to get through even the simplest engagement is not my idea of a fun game either.

I guess I may just have to accept that I suck at games now.  It just might be that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

well if that's the case, then I'm definitely out.  Having to rely on an auto-shot cheat mode to get through even the simplest engagement is not my idea of a fun game either.

I guess I may just have to accept that I suck at games now.  It just might be that time.

Really?  Seems like an odd reason to quit.

I've really enjoyed the hunting in the game.  I actually feel that sometimes there are an unrealistic amount of animals running around me.  It's amazing how many I see when I'm traveling on a mission and not hunting.  One time I killed a turkey just by running over it.

I've found that there are tons of animals running around at night.  If you can keep some distance from them then they won't run of and it's much easier to shoot them without any assistance, or "cheat mode."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

well if that's the case, then I'm definitely out.  Having to rely on an auto-shot cheat mode to get through even the simplest engagement is not my idea of a fun game either.

I guess I may just have to accept that I suck at games now.  It just might be that time.

Fighting people I use the automatic aim probably 90% of the time.  If I'm not at long range and using a scope, I'm auto-aiming.  Left trigger aim - Fire.   Drop it, left trigger to get a new aim, fire.  Repeat.  I might nudge the sights up for a headhit, that's about it.

I lost a lot of fights early on.  Friend suggested moving on from the repeater to the pump shotgun, and I immediately became a bad ###.

If I ride into an ambush I immediately turn and flee, get around a corner somewhere and then start drilling people as they round the corner.  I also work in the Springfield rifle for longer shots.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really need to just go ahead and buy the Springfield rifle.  I read someplace that the game gives you a better rifle for free sometime in Chapter 3, but I'm moving very slowly with the story and not having a rifle makes clean kills of certain animals impossible.  

Sounds like I need the pump shotgun too.  I don't have too much trouble with the combat in general, because I'm fine with relying on auto-aim.  But I do use the double-barrel a lot.  

Edited by IvanKaramazov
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, JerseyToughGuys said:

I spent an embarrassing amount of time chasing around a legendary white fox last night. Could not head shot that little ####er. Gave up and saved. Guess I will try again tonight :bag:

Legendary animals can be killed however you want.  You can use dynamite if you want, the pelt will always be perfect.  Always.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still in chapter 2, question for those who are ahead.

Whenever we move on to another campsite, is there a different set of upgrades to work on there?  Or if I finish them all in chapter 2 is that it for the rest of the game as far as which perfect pelts they need in camp?

Also, if there are new upgrades in later camps, any idea if pelts contributed now will still be available later?

If the answer to either of those is no, then I'm going to just start selling everything to the Trapper, and he can use them to make all the different clothing I'll never wear. But at least they'll be worth money.  I have the camp at around $200 with all upgrades bought, and I have built up $800 on myself without trying really as I've been doing the various challenges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 8:23 PM, IvanKaramazov said:

So I bought some clothing from the trapper, but now it's not available from my camp or horse.  Any ideas?  Do I have to go back to the trapper to get my fancy hat back?

Get a hotel room and look in the mirror.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

So what’s the deal with your hat? I’ve got through dozens of them and now I just ride w/o one. 

 

Also, my lone complaint is that if somebody else draws on me and shoots first and then I kill them, Inshouldnt catch a murder charge. Cmon man. 

Agreed on murder charges.

You can store your hat on your horse and reselect it if you lose it.  Camp menu, hats, click to store on horse.

 

1 minute ago, Ignoramus said:
On 11/3/2018 at 8:23 PM, IvanKaramazov said:

So I bought some clothing from the trapper, but now it's not available from my camp or horse.  Any ideas?  Do I have to go back to the trapper to get my fancy hat back?

Get a hotel room and look in the mirror.

There's a tab in the camp clothing menu that has your purchased items. Someone else pointed it out above, was easy to find once you know to look for it up in the bumper list.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another little thing to look for.  Map legend listed "Corpses", selected it to center the map and there were 2 corpses near me, not my doing. Went to check and found a little encounter I'd have never found otherwise.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GregR said:

There's a tab in the camp clothing menu that has your purchased items. Someone else pointed it out above, was easy to find once you know to look for it up in the bumper list.

Thanks. I need to read through more of the thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

well if that's the case, then I'm definitely out.  Having to rely on an auto-shot cheat mode to get through even the simplest engagement is not my idea of a fun game either.

I guess I may just have to accept that I suck at games now.  It just might be that time.

?

ok, byeee

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GregR said:

Still in chapter 2, question for those who are ahead.

Whenever we move on to another campsite, is there a different set of upgrades to work on there?  Or if I finish them all in chapter 2 is that it for the rest of the game as far as which perfect pelts they need in camp?

Also, if there are new upgrades in later camps, any idea if pelts contributed now will still be available later?

If the answer to either of those is no, then I'm going to just start selling everything to the Trapper, and he can use them to make all the different clothing I'll never wear. But at least they'll be worth money.  I have the camp at around $200 with all upgrades bought, and I have built up $800 on myself without trying really as I've been doing the various challenges.

I'm only on chapter 3, but I've noticed no difference in upgrades for camp or satchels.  I believe all contributed pelts keep moving along.  Thought being everything comes w/ you.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, joker said:

Still haven't found a Trapper yet, so the Legendary Bear Pelt I have on my horse just keeps riding around with me. I was going to drop the pelt at camp since the game told me it would be safe, but I wasn't sure

 

He showed up on my map after my first legendary.  On a hill outside Strawberry.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Absolutly. Inevitably somebody bumps into me or I stand too close and the fists fly, then somebody breaks out the steel.

Maybe you need a bath and clean up the hair? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joker said:

Still haven't found a Trapper yet, so the Legendary Bear Pelt I have on my horse just keeps riding around with me. I was going to drop the pelt at camp since the game told me it would be safe, but I wasn't sure

  

Pull up the map and check the legend for his symbol.  Select it (bumper will get the legend active then you can d-pad down to it) and the map will zoom in on him.  He's got four stands, one is close to where you got the legendary bear.  Another is about 2 train stations over to the west from the group camp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joker said:

Still haven't found a Trapper yet, so the Legendary Bear Pelt I have on my horse just keeps riding around with me. I was going to drop the pelt at camp since the game told me it would be safe, but I wasn't sure

 

I can’t find mine. Annoying. Why couldn’t it just be left at my tent?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

I can’t find mine. Annoying. Why couldn’t it just be left at my tent?

I remember reading not long after release that if you lose a Legendary pelt in any way, it actually transports to the Trapper anyways. Kinda makes sense considering it's a one time, unique creature and trophy that is easily lost the way the world works. So I'd ride on over and see if he has it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I remember reading not long after release that if you lose a Legendary pelt in any way, it actually transports to the Trapper anyways. Kinda makes sense considering it's a one time, unique creature and trophy that is easily lost the way the world works. So I'd ride on over and see if he has it. 

Confirmed. I died on my way to the trapper after killing the legendary elk and he had the pelt next time I went. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...