What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you trust Edelman right away? (1 Viewer)

Sasgaard

Footballguy
I understand it depends on line ups and what options your team has, etc...but with that said, would you trust putting Edelman back in your line up in a PPR format league. Explain why.

My view is that unless his knee is no bueno, Edelman is an every week WR in PPR. Brady really likes him and there is a void here in the Pats line up. Even though after the game against the Dolphins, those WRs really look like boom or bust and I don't think Brady trust them. When games get tough, he will look for his blanket and that's Edelman.

I would personally trust him back in my line up as soon as this Thursday game.

In my lineup with Mike Evans on bye.  Hoping the volume is in the 8-10 target range right out of the gate.  It certainly could be and probably should be, but this is the Patriots so anything is possible.

Definitely.

He was suspended, not injured (recently anyway) and it's not like he doesn't know the system.

Especially in PPR I'd fire him up with confidence, unless I had other great WR options or something.

With Hilton injured, I'm putting Edelman in right away.  Have to hope he's kept himself in shape and only needs a couple of practices to get back in sync with Brady.  

I would have to in PPR. He's probably good for greater than six-seven targets and maybe a score from close range. Lot of mouths in NE, though, so other people's mileages may vary, and rightfully so.  

Need 3 between Hopkins, Adams, Sanders, Ridley and Edelman. Haven't decided here yet

Flexing over J Gordon , Callaway, Morris, Powell in another

I drafted him in all 3 leagues I am in.  All 3 leagues are start 3WR's

I planned on starting him right away, but some of my WR3's have come on and I have a tough decision I feel.  (This is not meant as a WDIS, just where I feel he ranks at this point)

Starting him over Crabtree on team1 (K. Allen, Tate starting)

Debating over Ridley on team2 (K.Allen, Thielen starting)

Debating over Shepherd on team3 (K. Allen, Hopkins starting)

I played Gordon over John Brown this week because I'm an idiot. I would've beat the Goff owner

I'll bench him this wk so yeah , he'll probably go off   :angry:

Stupid FF
Yep. Gordon got me a whopping 3.2 points in standard. There were plenty of better options and higher scorers on my bench. 

I still can't get away from the trap. I'm going to cost myself the year. I'm looking at him playing about forty-sixty percent of the snaps with about four or five chunk targets, and I'm still doing it. I don't know how involved Edelman will be, but I hope it turns into a Thursday night track meet. I think I'm playing Gordon over Edelman and hoping for a chunk score.  

I wound up with Gronk, Edelman, and Gordon all on my main team (I had no idea Gordon would go to NE).

I guess the counter question would be why WOULDN'T you start him? Sure, if your receivers with Evans, Julio, ABrown, OBJ, and Green I get you wouldn't. But if you drafted Edelman and don't have clear better options not sure why you wouldn't play him from jump street.

I'm actually thinking of starting him over Tyreek Hill this week.  The best performance of a #1 WR against Jax these past 2 years is 5 for 70 by Robert Woods last year. That's just 12 points. Even Keenan Allen on a hot streak only had 4 for 48 against them.

With Indy's secondary banged up I have to think Edleman scores more than 12 points.

Amirite?

Anarchy99 said:
I guess the counter question would be why WOULDN'T you start him? Sure, if your receivers with Evans, Julio, ABrown, OBJ, and Green I get you wouldn't. But if you drafted Edelman and don't have clear better options not sure why you wouldn't play him from jump street.
Because people are trying to project a guy on the wrong side of thirty coming off a PED suspension and having missed four games and having been barred from the team's activities. There are some young guys out there, drafted as WR2s or WR3s that are averaging fourteen-plus in PPR. For instance, I'd roll with Golladay and Smith-Schuster in PPR over Edelman, and wouldn't bat an eye.  

Because people are trying to project a guy on the wrong side of thirty coming off a PED suspension and having missed four games and having been barred from the team's activities. There are some young guys out there, drafted as WR2s or WR3s that are averaging fourteen-plus in PPR. For instance, I'd roll with Golladay and Smith-Schuster in PPR over Edelman, and wouldn't bat an eye.  
Again, some guys will have better options to choose from. This shouldn’t be that complicated. Some will have choices like Goodwin. Anderson, DThonas or have Watkins or Hilton. Or limited options with guys on bye. At the spot I would have drafted him, I would not feel uncomfortable starting him.

I would be shocked if he didn’t see at least 10 targets, which has been his average as a starter. The Pats are playing the Colts at home, not the Jags on the road. 

I'm actually thinking of starting him over Tyreek Hill this week.  The best performance of a #1 WR against Jax these past 2 years is 5 for 70 by Robert Woods last year. That's just 12 points. Even Keenan Allen on a hot streak only had 4 for 48 against them.

With Indy's secondary banged up I have to think Edleman scores more than 12 points.

Amirite?
OBJ just had 11 catches for 111 yds week one against Jax and Eli missed him for an easy TD

Anarchy99 said:
I think the reasons are the Thursday game and the fact he seemed "rusty" for a while in pre season. It's possible he's not totally recovered and doesn't have his full quickness back. 

I'm not avoiding putting him in my line up but he's not a priority over other good options. Very surprised to see someone start him over Ridley. 

Again, some guys will have better options to choose from. This shouldn’t be that complicated. Some will have choices like Goodwin. Anderson, DThonas or have Watkins or Hilton. Or limited options with guys on bye. At the spot I would have drafted him, I would not feel uncomfortable starting him.

I would be shocked if he didn’t see at least 10 targets, which has been his average as a starter. The Pats are playing the Colts at home, not the Jags on the road. 
It's not a knock on Edelman. I drafted him, even in standard. It's just that you're making it seem like a slam dunk here when all Belichick said about his role was apparently a terse "We'll see" and he's been gone from football activities for four weeks and training camp isn't what it used to be. It adds up to some doubt, is all.  It is a bit complicated, depending on your situation and how close the players are to Edelman.  

Users who are viewing this thread