What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stay safe Chicago (1 Viewer)

I can't believe I watched that video. Why do I do that to myself? 

Why did he do that to the victim, more importantly? 

That's murder. 

And...it is murder. 

Good. 

This is why I'm scared of any interaction with the police. They're armed. I'm not. That's a bad power balance.  

I can't believe I watched that video. Why do I do that to myself? 

Why did he do that to the victim, more importantly? 

That's murder. 

And...it is murder. 

Good. 

This is why I'm scared of any interaction with the police. They're armed. I'm not. That's a bad power balance.  
Yep, there is no good reason to ever interact with a cop. Outside of reporting a burglary or something.

Yep, there is no good reason to ever interact with a cop. Outside of reporting a burglary or something.
There are things that have happened to me that I wouldn't report or made the mistake of reporting. 

I remember getting mugged, getting my teeth knocked in, going to the police, and being accused of trying to buy drugs with the money the perps stole. 

Yeah. That makes me trust the police.  

No thank you, for the most part. On the other hand, I've had plenty of good interactions. The problem is, all it takes is one bad interaction.  

Last edited by a moderator:
President of the Fraternal Order Of Police's official statement

This sham trial and shameful verdict is a message to every law enforcement officer in America that it's not the perpetrator in front of you that you need to worry about, its the political operatives stabbing you in the back 

:mellow:

This sham trial and shameful verdict is a message to every law enforcement officer in America that it's not the perpetrator in front of you that you need to worry about, its the political operatives stabbing you in the back  This trial will hopefully send a message to other officers in our country that deadly force isn't always the only option.

Fixed his statement.

This sham trial and shameful verdict is a message to every law enforcement officer in America that it's not the perpetrator in front of you that you need to worry about, its the political operatives stabbing you in the back 

Did you cut and paste that? It would seem that the FoP should be able to use an apostrophe correctly.  

Typed it off of what was on my tv screen. 
Not surprised. When you put something out in haste like the FoP probably did, you're bound to let a basic understanding of possessives vs. contractions slip. 

Or the television station messed up. I don't want to be a sin and syntax guy, so I'll just let it go. It's just...you see it all the time now by entities that betray themselves when they show a lack of fundamental understanding about these things. I know you know the difference, so I didn't feel badly asking.

eta* I guess it just bothers me that people that can't be troubled to learn the language are in positions of such enormous power and influence.   

Apparently Rahm Emanuel offered $5 million dollars to bury the video until the criminal charges were concluded.  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lawyers-went-to-rahm-emanuel-then-quashed-the-laquan-mcdonald-video?ref=home
“We’ve been saying publicly for months that the city always intended that the video would be released as soon as the investigation is complete,” he said. “We have been clear all along that our intention was to release the video as soon as the investigation was complete.”

Bill McCaffrey, a spokesman for the city’s Law Department also said, “since April of last year the administration has said publicly that the city always intended to release the video as soon as the investigation was complete.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, well that's nice. I can say anything publicly, it's whether I'm full of #### or not. 

Kind of a minor point.......or not, given the outcome. How the hell does not every cop have a stun gun?

All over the local Chicago news it is saying the each count is served consecutively. Each count is a min of 6 years max of 16 I believe.

There are things that have happened to me that I wouldn't report or made the mistake of reporting. 

I remember getting mugged, getting my teeth knocked in, going to the police, and being accused of trying to buy drugs with the money the perps stole. 

Yeah. That makes me trust the police.  

No thank you, for the most part. On the other hand, I've had plenty of good interactions. The problem is, all it takes is one bad interaction.  
Was it because you had no teeth?   :oldunsure:

Was it because you had no teeth?   :oldunsure:
Heh. No. It's because it was not the greatest area, but it was an area with many bars/clubs.

It shouldn't have happened that way. I was bleeding. Messed my mouth up for years upon years. They eventually recanted and got me an ambulance (that's how you have to go when you're drunk), but they grilled me for like fifteen minutes about the who/what/where. 

Talking head on local NBC affiliate said that was the case. Some legal expert. Reporter even asked him a second time to confirm it and he said that was the case. 
6 years would be bull####, 20 years (sentence for the murder conviction) would be fair, imo.

I can’t see a 96 year sentence with only 20 for murder within the realm of possibilities.

81 months 
Ridiculous. Not sure how we got from the aforementioned ‘aggravated assault changes can’t be served concurrently’ to this. That talking head from that day must not have known what he was talking about. And regardless, the idea that Blago’s corruption sentence is longer is just weird. 

Users who are viewing this thread