Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

FBGLeeg Redux Basketball League

Dr. Octopus

48 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

49 hours in and 7 picks in. Holy hell. On the bright side I am really glad we didn't do this in the regular NBA thread and clog it all up.

Hopefully it picks up during the week. Also some people likely don’t even really know we started.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

49 hours in and 7 picks in. Holy hell. On the bright side I am really glad we didn't do this in the regular NBA thread and clog it all up.

And we need to average something like 25 picks/day to finish on time. :lmao: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, caustic said:

And we need to average something like 25 picks/day to finish on time. :lmao: 

So we need to go to a 30 minute timer with roughly 10 hours off at night. 

12 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

1.09 Ben Simmons

even though he is kind of aloof and doesn’t have a crazy Dundee accent, he did bang a Kardashian, so that’s gotta count for something.  And he will rock out with his #### out in this format and stuff the stat sheets.

:middle finger:

On 10/6/2018 at 7:12 PM, caustic said:

AUTOPICK: Jayrod selects Giannis Antetokounmpo, MIL SF/PF

@Spartans Rule is on the clock!

I'll take it.

Sorry, had a swamped weekend with lots of travel and some gratuitous nudity.  Not sure why I can't get PM's, will try to address.

• Like 3

Where is the league setup at now?  The original Yahoo is deleted.

ETA:  OK, just read up on things...someone send me the link, I cleaned out a bunch of PMs.  Pissed about wikkid getting run off for whatever reason.  Are we still doing this?  This thing looks to have stalled out.

Edited by Jayrod

20 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Where is the league setup at now?  The original Yahoo is deleted.

ETA:  OK, just read up on things...someone send me the link, I cleaned out a bunch of PMs.  Pissed about wikkid getting run off for whatever reason.  Are we still doing this?  This thing looks to have stalled out.

PM sent (also sent the link to @msudaisy26). 

We're still doing this, but it's been a slow go. :lol: I think we still have a couple people who don't know we're drafting yet - looks like @Wu-banger hasn't been on since Friday. Hopefully it'll speed up once everyone's on the same page.

Also - there are currently 9/14 members enrolled in the Yahoo league. Jayrod and msudaisy makes 11, so there are still three others who need to join yet. Once we get done with the draft without everything crashing and burning, I'll set up the pool for those who are interested.

8 minutes ago, Moe. said:

I joined the league.

We need to get moving in here. Are all participants present and accounted for? We should impose a clock starting tomorrow. 

Yup.  Now that I'm actually in the loop, I've got my draft list ready. 

Let's burn this candle!

17 minutes ago, caustic said:

2 hour timer that’s off from 11p-9a ET sound good?

What is the penalty though - just skipped until the show up or are they are given the next ranked player? Just so that there's no confusion if/when it does happen.

Skipped until they show up and pick imo.

That is probably too early for people on the West Coast. We can make it 9am-11pm local time, I think we pretty much know where everyone in the league is located with a few exceptions.

I am central time zone. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

What is the penalty though - just skipped until the show up or are they are given the next ranked player? Just so that there's no confusion if/when it does happen.

I vote for next ranked player, but then again, I'm not very cutthroat with this stuff.

• Like 1

11 is pretty late too, I'm sure they are some normal people in the league who go to bed early. I would propose making the clock 8am - 8pm local time for everyone, but @caustic just make a decision and let's go with it, we have over-complicated this bad boy enough. 

2 minutes ago, Moe. said:

11 is pretty late too, I'm sure they are some normal people in the league who go to bed early. I would propose making the clock 8am - 8pm local time for everyone, but @caustic just make a decision and let's go with it, we have over-complicated this bad boy enough. 

With a two hour clock you would need to come up before 9:00 pm in order to miss out though.

• Like 1

I’m good with 8-8 local time, let’s go with that. Eastern time zone for me.

I’m in favor of autopicking the next ranked player - I should be on here enough to police the timer, but if someone catches it before I do, feel free to make the autopick and @ the next team up. Here’s Yahoo’s player rankings: https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoos-2018-fantasy-basketball-top-200-rankings-earns-top-spot-172825637.html

1 hour ago, Moe. said:

I joined the league.

We need to get moving in here. Are all participants present and accounted for? We should impose a clock starting tomorrow. 

I think we’re only missing Wu-Banger at this point. He logged out 30 minutes before the draft started on Friday.

39 minutes ago, caustic said:

I’m good with 8-8 local time, let’s go with that. Eastern time zone for me.

I’m in favor of autopicking the next ranked player - I should be on here enough to police the timer, but if someone catches it before I do, feel free to make the autopick and @ the next team up. Here’s Yahoo’s player rankings: https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoos-2018-fantasy-basketball-top-200-rankings-earns-top-spot-172825637.html

So starting tomorrow morning?

What about Wu's pick now?

8 hours ago, caustic said:

PM sent (also sent the link to @msudaisy26). 

We're still doing this, but it's been a slow go. :lol: I think we still have a couple people who don't know we're drafting yet - looks like @Wu-banger hasn't been on since Friday. Hopefully it'll speed up once everyone's on the same page.

Had a packed weekend and just jumped on ... had no idea this started and was back on.

On 10/5/2018 at 5:34 PM, caustic said:

SLOW DRAFT BEGINS NOW! Snake draft order listed below. @Dr. Octopus is on the clock.

1.01 @Dr. Octopus

1.02 @modogg

1.03 @Moe.

1.04 @Jayrod

1.05 @Spartans Rule

1.06 @TobiasFunke

1.07 @DJackson10

1.08 @Bob Loblaw

1.09 @Long Ball Larry

1.10 @bananafish

1.11 @Good Posting Judge

1.12 @caustic

1.13 @Wu-banger

1.14 @Juxtatarot

Last I checked I had the #2 pick. ... reroll really bent me over.