What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBGLeeg Redux Basketball League (4 Viewers)

every single draft rankings I have seen has this guy in high 40s, low 50s, and I can not figure out for the life of me why he hasn't been taken yet. shooting percentage isn't always great, but he hits some 3s from time to time, and he has put up top 20 numbers in some of the categories, most of which is defensive ones. Feel like I am getting suckered here, but guess we will see:

7.02 Robert Covington

@Moe.

every single draft rankings I have seen has this guy in high 40s, low 50s, and I can not figure out for the life of me why he hasn't been taken yet. shooting percentage isn't always great, but he hits some 3s from time to time, and he has put up top 20 numbers in some of the categories, most of which is defensive ones. Feel like I am getting suckered here, but guess we will see:

7.02 Robert Covington

@Moe.
for one thing, shooting percentages and 3s are not part of the categories, so that is irrelevant, but I definitely was hoping he would slide to me.

I also was hoping for Saric at some point, so pretty much :middlefinger: to you, good sir

7.02 Robert Covington

@Moe.
3 pointers isn't a category for us - but I considered him.

7.02 Robert Covington

@Moe.
As a Sixers fan .... he's deplorable. Can not dribble and make a layup ...He get accolades on defense but was dredful in the Playoffs when it counted. 

Fantasy-wise , I think he's over rated and would not consider him as I feel he will be phased out the rotation and moved to a more situational 3 and D role.

As a Sixers fan .... he's deplorable. Can not dribble and make a layup ...He get accolades on defense but was dredful in the Playoffs when it counted. 

Fantasy-wise , I think he's over rated and would not consider him as I feel he will be phased out the rotation and moved to a more situational 3 and D role.
so how many total minutes do you think he will play this year?

yeah, I think his absolute floor is a bit of phasing out. But you take the good with the bad. I wouldn't say he is over rated or dreadful overall. If anything, Cov is simply inconsistent. One great game, 2-3 bad games. rinse, repeat.

But considering most sites had him low 50s and high 40s, I figured they had to be on to something

7.02 Robert Covington

@Moe.
There are no categories

Maybe this is a semantics thing but aren't these categories?:

Points Scored (PTS)

Total Rebounds (REB)

Assists (AST)

Blocked Shots (BLK)

Steals (ST)

Turnovers (TO)
Right but they each have a point value assigned, so you aren't competing for specific statistics. I suppose it all evens out but the well-rounded players who contribute in a lot of different categories take a slight hit imo. 

Right but they each have a point value assigned, so you aren't competing for specific statistics. I suppose it all evens out but the well-rounded players who contribute in a lot of different categories take a slight hit imo. 
Ok - I get what you're saying now. I only did basketball once and it was when Allan Houston was still playing  (so long ago) and it was straight roto-categories.

Here you could conceivably win based only on getting points scored if you somehow scored enough to outpace everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. When you start looking at realistic stat lines, the non-point stuff adds up pretty quickly though

Users who are viewing this thread