What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yanks Sox ALDS (1 Viewer)

The Big Donkey

Footballguy
Shocked that nothing was created.  Not shocked if I missed something that was created.

No greater rivalry in baseball.  

The Sox are fortunate it's 1-1. They could easily be in a 2-0 hole if any one of six Yankees got one timely hit. Save for when Sale was in there, it feels like the Yankees have had 2 on and 1 out every inning. 

Game 3, Not sure what we just witnessed last night.

Yankees with ALL of the momentum. Coming home after a hearty beat down of the Red Sox in game 2 (in Boston) ...

Got their #1 pitcher Severino, going vs Bostons #4.

Fans were AMPED UP and standing on every 2 strike count that Boston hitters had.

Boston shaking up their lineup seemed like a bit of desperation to try and get something going on offense. 

End result has me believing these teams switched uniforms before the game.

Yankees bats were ice cold and when they did make solid contact, was right at somebody.

NY having to go to the bullpen early and often. Not great for them going forward. While Sox relievers are mostly well rested now. 

Little Brock Holt hitting for the cycle? With that monster 316 ft home run to complete it!  ... LOL.

I have no idea what to expect in game 4 tonight. Sox with all of the momentum now and NY with all of the pressure.

had to be heart wrenching for the Yankees fielders watching Red Sox go round and round the bases.

Not a lot you can do if your pitching is failing. Guess you hope your manager can put someone in to keep you in the game.

... but when that failed, the last 4 innings had to be torture. "Just get this game over with" at that point.

Going to be very painful if Red Sox win and troll the Yankees club house tonight. "Love that Dirty Water ..." Ouch.  :pokey:

Any real baseball fan that's not affiliated with either of these teams wants a Yankees victory tonight. Do or die games, especially ones between great rivals, is the epitome of what makes this, or really any sport, enjoyable. 

It’s incredible to me that Angel Hernandez is still a MLB umpire, yet working the plate in a playoff game. He must have nudes of Country Joe that he’s threatening to show if he’s fired. No one dares to look at those. 

So Angel has had five calls reviewed in the series, four have been overturned. 

After missing one at first last night he told Yankees 1Bman Luke Voit, “I’ll get the next one right.” :lmao:  

these Boston radio guys are all over him tonight, so awesome. 

Any real baseball fan that's not affiliated with either of these teams wants a Yankees victory tonight. Do or die games, especially ones between great rivals, is the epitome of what makes this, or really any sport, enjoyable. 
I have principles and decades worth of hating the Yankees.

No, just less Angel Hernandez 
CC's not a fan

Tim Healey‏Verified account @timbhealey

CC Sabathia on Angel Hernandez: “He’s absolutely terrible. He was terrible behind the plate today. He was terrible at first base. It’s amazing how he’s getting jobs umpiring in these playoff games.”

Tim Healey‏Verified account @timbhealey 11m11 minutes ago

More CC Sabathia on Angel Hernandez: “He shouldn’t be anywhere near these playoff games.” “He’s bad. I don’t understand why he’s doing these games.” “It’s sad that he’s doing these games. It’s crazy.” “He’s always bad. He’s a bad umpire.”

Send small-time Stanton back to Florida. That way he can hit 50 no pressure homers a year and save on income tax. Dude was a joke this series.
Told my wife he'd strikeout on 3 pitches and look ugly doing it. Surprised it was actually on 4 pitches. Can't believe we're stuck with this guy. 

CC's not a fan

Watching the little "strike zone" corners, really didn't think he missed many strikes and balls.

Couple were on the fringe that you could argue either way I guess but he mostly called those strikes so not sure what Sabathia is complaining about..

The one bad call was by the first base umpire on the checked swing by a Red Sox batter in the 9th. 

Same ump got the call right on the last play of the game though. It was so close that I thought he'd call it for the home team.  

Fitting the Sox win this by the margin of a 316 ft opposite field HR by their backup catcher. I Figured it'd be the Yankees getting those cheap ash HR's in NY.

And congrats to the Yankees for winning the Stanton bidding war. ... leaving the Red Sox with the free agent scraps in JD Martinez.

Tough end. Red Sox are just better this year.

But, overall I'm good. Love the young core. Love the stars.  Like the manager.  Love the farm system.

Should be an interesting offseason. 

Boone reminded me of Brad Ausmus his first year in Detroit when he totally mismanaged the Oriole ALDS series. Sox are the better team but Boone did not give his guys a chance.

Epic Problem said:
Frak that.  Eliminate the Yankees first then let the Astros hopefully eliminate the Red Sox while the Brewers hopefully eliminate the Dodgers.

Frak that.  Eliminate the Yankees first then let the Astros hopefully eliminate the Red Sox while the Brewers hopefully eliminate the Dodgers.
For someone that doesn't live in NY or Boston, you sure seem to care a lot about what happened yesterday 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread