What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WW pickups from week 6. Aka WW pickups for week 7 (1 Viewer)

Hilts

Footballguy
Trubisky looks to be a great pickup for any qb needy teams. Back to back strong performances split with a bye week. He gets New England next, so there's a reasonable chance of it becoming a shootout. 

Uzomah should be a solid pickup with every other Bengals TE going down.

If Engram or Olsen are still out there they're obvious grabs. Same with Marlon Mack.

I've been holding out hope for Larry Fitzgerald, but I think it's time to conclude that Christian Kirk is the Cardinals' WR1.

I almost switched out Godwin for Sanu, and Godwin outscored.  Still raw,  but lots of looks apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s so funny?  Boyd has been an incredible ww pickip in most leagues.   Geronimo Allison too.  And Lindsay.  And Winston.  And soon mayfield.  And soon trubisky.  
No argument here.  I picked up Boyd weeks ago. I thought this thread was over guys to target this week, as in guys still potentially available. 

What?!  I've lived off the wire this year from week to week. Boyd, Blue, Ito, Chester Rogers, streaming defenses etc
I'm really talking about that guy that comes off the ww to provide a season long impact not week to week or streamers. I'll give you Boyd. So one guy. 

I'm really talking about that guy that comes off the ww to provide a season long impact not week to week or streamers. I'll give you Boyd. So one guy. 
It’s not like there are hordes of guys like this every year.

Usually it’s less than a handfull, and some of them this year might still come over the next few weeks.

What about him? Solid backup but I wouldn't call him an impact player by any means. 
He's been a steady rb 2. That's definitely an impact. He hasn't been a star to carry your team but those are rare. 

And Mahomes or Connor fit that star bill (depending when you drafted and how deep your league is both were on the ww).

My two biggest mistakes in my draft were Lewis as my RB2 and Fitz as my WR2. Lindsay and Boyd have helped me make up for those mistakes.

shadyridr said:
This is the worst ww season i ever remember. I can't think of a single impact player that's been picked off of the waiver wire in either of my leagues. 
Yeldon has been pretty solid for me. 

Frank Gore looks like the starting RB in Miami

Damion "Rat Fink" Ratley caught 6 of 8/82, might be a decent speculative pick

Jermaine Kearse with Enunwa seriously injured; he could be the big target winner for the Jets

David Moore has looked like a growing RZ option for Russell Wilson

Peyton Barber looked like the guy people thought he'd be all year, might be a good time to reacquire him if dropped

Chris Herndon is a speculative TE add, Enunwa ran the TE routes and with him gone Herndon could step in

It might be time to start looking at Tyrell Williams.  

His numbers have been on the rise (118 yards and 2 TDs in Week 6) while BMW's numbers are shrinking.   

Frank Gore looks like the starting RB in Miami

Damion "Rat Fink" Ratley caught 6 of 8/82, might be a decent speculative pick

Jermaine Kearse with Enunwa seriously injured; he could be the big target winner for the Jets

David Moore has looked like a growing RZ option for Russell Wilson

Peyton Barber looked like the guy people thought he'd be all year, might be a good time to reacquire him if dropped

Chris Herndon is a speculative TE add, Enunwa ran the TE routes and with him gone Herndon could step in
I agree with much of this, nice post. 

I don't think Herndon AND Kearse. I like your reasoning, just not for two

I agree with much of this, nice post. 

I don't think Herndon AND Kearse. I like your reasoning, just not for two
Yeah one of them will benefit, it depends on what the Jets want to do. Kearse was ascending before the injury so it will probably be him.

I agree with Barber, he's worth a shot. Although it was Atlnata's depleted defense, he finally looked like the player we thought he was in September

shadyridr said:
I picked up Golladay after week 1 (12 team, 16 roster spots, super-flex, PPR, we/combined).

It might be time to start looking at Tyrell Williams.  

His numbers have been on the rise (118 yards and 2 TDs in Week 6) while BMW's numbers are shrinking.   
Yea I've been holding onto Mike Williams but may drop him for Tyrell.  Now watch Mike score 3 TDs next week

Njoku is still available in a couple of my leagues...looking more consistent.

Yea I've been holding onto Mike Williams but may drop him for Tyrell.  Now watch Mike score 3 TDs next week

I’d imagine Njoku is def worth a look with the state of TEs. I drafted him, regretted it earlier in the season, but stuck with him and now kind of relieved. He’s getting tons of looks and his numbers are progressing every week. 

Not advisable. You're chasing numbers. 

Chase targets, not numbers.  Tyrell had 3 catches and half the targets. Just because he scored on two of them doesn't mean he's going to sustain that production.

shadyridr said:
This is the worst ww season i ever remember. I can't think of a single impact player that's been picked off of the waiver wire in either of my leagues. 
There's so much information out there, it's really hard for a real-life player with so much as a whiff of opportunity to go totally under the radar.

I mean, these days almost every FF player knows to look at snap counts, targets, etc. Those kinds of stats are fundamental to FF analysis today but were a lot less studied 10-15 years ago -- and were virtually ignored 20+ years ago.

There's so much information out there, it's really hard for a real-life player with so much as a whiff of opportunity to go totally under the radar.

I mean, these days almost every FF player knows to look at snap counts, targets, etc. Those kinds of stats are fundamental to FF analysis today but were a lot less studied 10-15 years ago -- and were virtually ignored 20+ years ago.
yes I know but someone usually comes out of nowhere and injuries are often the cause.

yes I know but someone usually comes out of nowhere and injuries are often the cause.
Someone does, yes ... but it's not like it used to be when is seemed like every season, a top-5 finisher at a position would go undrafted in almost all redrafts. It was more common back then, too, to have redrafts like in mid-August, for some reason.

The kind of breakouts that end up on the waiver wire these days are typically a lot less impactful than the 1995 Terrell Davises, the 1999 (?) Priest Holmes, or 1999 Kurt Warners.

shadyridr said:
James Connor was a WW pickup right after our draft.  Since then, nada.  Nothing (of real value).

I don't think you can rely on either. But Tyrell is fool's gold IMO, Williams is potentially ascendant.

Users who are viewing this thread