What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-2019 NBA DFS (1 Viewer)

Dropped or not he’s 8500 of the cap for 0 or 9 points. I just wasn’t sure if it hurt the people that play 8 players from the early game more than the other Paul owners. 
The good thing is that I basically had zero duds, so I really didn't have anything to drop besides Paul.  That said, was expecting 40 from him and didn't get the elsewhere.

$541.68 is my entry total.  Contest didn't fill, came about 10000 short.  $668k collected with $600k out so looking at 90% return rate before counting dead lineups (there will be a lot as people had won tickets months ago).  21.8% of my 122 should cash for $7 so I looking at $186 there.  Enough of those should cash for $8-$10 so I'm looking at $200 being the expect result. 
Ended up cashing 20.5% and ended up $5 short of the expected $200 to finish the night at $195.  Harden and Doncic and Jordan/Barea were must owns.  Tough when you have to use two guys who are GTD with no late switch to win.  1st place was split 30 ways so it wasn't even a 5 figure win for the top guys and the next best lineup won $300.  Lots of risk for little reward.

I was able to cash 4 of my 9 for 46 bucks.  My best lineup had 320.  I had Jordan everywhere and saw he missed shootarounds and swapped him out in most of my lineups. I with that news would have never came out and I would have had a better night.  

Only ended up with $15 back with 3 narrow miss cashes.  When Doncic came back in after a long rest with 4 minutes to go in the game, I was over $30 after clawing back from that ridic 3rd quarter. 

Jordan was my favorite play of the night but the news made me take away too many shares.  I then crafted some lineups to try to take advantage of him missing the game which led to be too heavy on Powell and Barnes for the most part and Finney-Smith to a lessor extent.  My gut was right about Paul, I should have played him around 33%.

I mined some of the right guys like Lou and Jones, but didn't have enough usage of them like I did with Barea and TJohnson.  I had 2 Harden+Doncic lineups, didn't cash.  Weird night.

The good news is, I spent mostly points to earn the tickets and it was a good ride.

I was able to cash 4 of my 9 for 46 bucks.  My best lineup had 320.  I had Jordan everywhere and saw he missed shootarounds and swapped him out in most of my lineups. I with that news would have never came out and I would have had a better night.  
Congrats.  That's a great hit rate.  I had 113 more bullets than you and topped out at 310.

Congrats.  That's a great hit rate.  I had 113 more bullets than you and topped out at 310.
Thank you sir.  I am definitely excited for next years overlays in football.  For me it seemed as if the season got harder and harder.  The first 5 weeks or so I was doubling up my bankroll (started low) and I have been quickly giving that back and then some.  

Thank you sir.  I am definitely excited for next years overlays in football.  For me it seemed as if the season got harder and harder.  The first 5 weeks or so I was doubling up my bankroll (started low) and I have been quickly giving that back and then some.  
Same here.  Start at $100.  Took that to $1600 and change with no huge hits.  Bled it back down to $700, mostly by not cashing tickets at the rated I paid to acquire them.

Speaking of overlay, yahoo is guaranteeing overlay this weekend to re-ignite their dfs.  Worth looking into for you grinders.

So I won an entry into the $12 nba match (dk) and have no clue about the nba. Just entered for the overlay and came out with a ticket. If anyone can pass along some cheap options that will get minutes I’ll be all ears. 

So I won an entry into the $12 nba match (dk) and have no clue about the nba. Just entered for the overlay and came out with a ticket. If anyone can pass along some cheap options that will get minutes I’ll be all ears. 
G Hill at 3.4 and PJ Tucker at 4.3 are my fav value plays today. Draymond is priced at little low at 6.3 and with Paul out Gordon should get extra scoring chances. 

G Hill at 3.4 and PJ Tucker at 4.3 are my fav value plays today. Draymond is priced at little low at 6.3 and with Paul out Gordon should get extra scoring chances. 
Thanks for the reply, was so busy I didn’t get a chance to switch my lineup at all, but managed to luck into a $20 finish. 

Thanks for the reply, was so busy I didn’t get a chance to switch my lineup at all, but managed to luck into a $20 finish. 
Nice, you should've been helping me then, lol. Had a good start but LeBron injury and Ingram and Draymond sucking kept me 9 from cashing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite being only a 4 game slate was another high scoring night on DK. I faded Harden and his 90pts and still got my season high with 325+. Unfortunately I was still 3+ from cash line.

Trying to get back into this.  Been putting effort in for about a week now.  Up and down like usual.

I don't remember chalk cash plays being so chalky.  I've seen Rozier at 100% owned tonight in 5050s.  Brown is in the 90s too.  

Harden is unreal.  When will he be 15k+ on FD?  He's still upwards of 80% tonight.

Trying to get back into this.  Been putting effort in for about a week now.  Up and down like usual.

I don't remember chalk cash plays being so chalky.  I've seen Rozier at 100% owned tonight in 5050s.  Brown is in the 90s too.  

Harden is unreal.  When will he be 15k+ on FD?  He's still upwards of 80% tonight.
I haven't had much success in NBA so far- down $20+.

I'm with you on the chalk and I have to get better at identifying it. Had Harden+Davis at 85%+ last night but missed on 95% Rozier and 86% Russell and whiffed on my 50%+ owned guys and other cheapies.

Still feels like to be very competitive each night in CASH game formats, you need to have the hour before tip available to essentially build your lineups (or refine researched placeholders).  The paid services I have a look into are updating their tables/projections (or earlier posted information like player pools they're using) multiple times during this last hour.  This is something I don't consistently have and I think it increases the difficultly.  I do not think it is usually necessary for GPP contests.

I'm going to try doing a few gpp lineups per night during the week and maybe get into cash games on the weekend or when time is available during the week.  Not force feed my hobby (or addiction).  I feel like I have a good enough grasp on gpp lineup construction for NBA contests to do this.  It's not that difficult to come up with some contrarian plays and mix them in with the best chalk....or go mostly contrarian.  

Side note - I've had 2 winning nights in a row for NHL (gpp only) and I've always enjoyed NHL DFS as much or more than NBA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread