What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nancy Pelosi thread (2 Viewers)

She really does level a beat down everytime they get together.

And he cant help himself but to respond and look even worse as he validates her words.
It is hilarious when you stop to think about it. Pelosi got Trump to make his staff publicly vouch for his mental capacity. :lol:

Tell me again, who is playing chess and who is playing checkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether you agree or disagree with Pelosi, if she was a PSF poster and Trump was a PSF poster, how many days would she get in timeout for her comments?

I don't think there's any downside to an elected official with real power and influence on a national scale, one that Donald can't eliminate just because he wants to, calmly casting shade and inciting an unfit President into nakedly revealing how easy it is to put him on tilt. Losing his mind publicly with ever increasing frequency just cements in voters' mind that the guy is in way over his head.

Pelosi and House Dems need to keep rolling out legislation, though, and making a show of it. "We can walk and chew gum. The man in the White House apparently can't."

I don't think there's any downside to an elected official with real power and influence on a national scale, one that Donald can't eliminate just because he wants to, calmly casting shade and inciting an unfit President into nakedly revealing how easy it is to put him on tilt. Losing his mind publicly with ever increasing frequency just cements in voters' mind that the guy is in way over his head.

Pelosi and House Dems need to keep rolling out legislation, though, and making a show of it. "We can walk and chew gum. The man in the White House apparently can't."

CONTINUE to roll out legislation, stop with the tax returns and Russia nonsense, and then maybe they can address getting things done to help the country instead of focusing on 2020.

They really just need to keep publicizing what they have rolled out and how McConnell has held it all up.

Hell they can do that and throw shade by making a little podium sign  and reference how much they liked Trump’s sign but how theirs is using factual information. 

Why would she be banned or even given a TO for something like that?  It doesn't violate the TOS :oldunsure:  
Depends how many back and forth posts with someone and if it was messing up a topic.  Then a “stop it” followed by a day and a half sounds about what happens. 

Trump...he would have been permabanned long ago.

Whether you agree or disagree with Pelosi, if she was a PSF poster and Trump was a PSF poster, how many days would she get in timeout for her comments?
Not many because Trump would have been kicked off the site a long time ago. Though knowing his history of assuming fake identities, he probably would be on alias 30 by now. 

:whoosh:

As a test, please go ahead and question the mental stability of another poster. 
sorry....I thought you were talking about the comments where she suggested an intervention might do some good....now we are talking about mental stability?  Sorry...not following.

This is what she said:

“This time, another temper tantrum, again. I pray for the president of the United States,” Pelosi said. “I wish that his family or his administration or his staff would have an intervention for the good of the country.”
Nothing there is talking about "mental stability" :shrug:  

sorry....I thought you were talking about the comments where she suggested an intervention might do some good....now we are talking about mental stability?  Sorry...not following.

This is what she said:

Nothing there is talking about "mental stability" :shrug:  
What do you think she is saying?  

What do you think she is saying?  
That someone needs to talk some sense into him.  This kind of behavior is exactly what you get when you surround yourself with yes men/women.  You become codependents and anything outside those relationships is attacked.  A way to fix that is an intervention.  The problem, of course, is she's asking his codependents to do the intervention which isn't particularly bright on her part.

:whoosh:

As a test, please go ahead and question the mental stability of another poster. 
Sure. First you have to post that you are an extremely mentally stable person. Also, call yourself a genius. 

I will then reply to your post and make fun of you. I guarantee you I will not be suspended for doing so. 

How many times are people going to be repeat this lie

The House has passed, since January, tons of legislation: on drug pricing. On Obamacare. On energy. On background checks. Mitch McConnell refuses to take up ANY of it. 
As many times as possible.  Along with many others.  Because it’s easier than having honest discussion about Trump and the GOP (McConnell).

Its proving that no matter how bs the propaganda, repeating it over and over works and others will repeat it. Doesn’t matter how untrue.

Sure. First you have to post that you are an extremely mentally stable person. Also, call yourself a genius. 

I will then reply to your post and make fun of you. I guarantee you I will not be suspended for doing so. 
Also he would probably have to come up with a fun nickname for you first. 

Crotchety timschocet?  Yeah, it needs work.  

So it’s kind of like Trump won in 2016 due to him cutting deals with Russians?
No.  It’s like people saying the Mueller report said no collusion and no obstruction.

Or more correctly it’s direct proof that measures Russians took to spread propaganda during the election was done because propaganda works.

I would say the chances are the boys would smash the report button on me for “trolling,” and I would get benched. 

Down the road suggest someone needs an intervention and let’s see what happens.  

How many times are people going to be repeat this lie? 

The House has passed, since January, tons of legislation: on drug pricing. On Obamacare. On energy. On background checks. Mitch McConnell refuses to take up ANY of it. 
But what do we hear about? Russia, impeaching Trump, interventions etc. That isn't a good look for the Dems.

But what do we hear about? Russia, impeaching Trump, interventions etc. That isn't a good look for the Dems.
Well now you’re changing your tune. 

Of course that’s what we hear about. Why would the news report about legislation that’s doomed to go nowhere in the Senate? 

Well now you’re changing your tune. 

Of course that’s what we hear about. Why would the news report about legislation that’s doomed to go nowhere in the Senate? 
Maybe because that isn't the message the Dems are sending right now.  The message is Trump bad, Russia, and impeachment....oh and the Green New Deal :lmao:

Maybe because that isn't the message the Dems are sending right now.  The message is Trump bad, Russia, and impeachment....oh and the Green New Deal :lmao:
Well Trump IS bad. 

But again, it’s one thing to criticize messaging, and quite another for you to assert that the Democrats have offered no legislation. The latter is a lie. 

Well Trump IS bad. 

But again, it’s one thing to criticize messaging, and quite another for you to assert that the Democrats have offered no legislation. The latter is a lie. 
I never said they haven't offered legislation. Read it again. My point was I feel the message they are currently getting out isn't helping them and I think will hurt them in the future.

meh....your complaint is with the echo chamber you insist on using.  There's plenty of coverage of the things passed by the house and being ignored by the senate.  Just go out to BBC and/or Reuters.  You hear about these things in our national media because that's what drives the most clicks.  The sooner you learn this and go elsewhere, the better.

ETA:  Let's be honest, the usual suspects will also ignore "we're doing our part but the GOP isn't doing theirs".  :shrug:  

meh....your complaint is with the echo chamber you insist on using.  There's plenty of coverage of the things passed by the house and being ignored by the senate.  Just go out to BBC and/or Reuters.  You hear about these things in our national media because that's what drives the most clicks.  The sooner you learn this and go elsewhere, the better.

ETA:  Let's be honest, the usual suspects will also ignore "we're doing our part but the GOP isn't doing theirs".  :shrug:  
 meh...Based on the echo chamber here the message is what I have been talking about and the usual suspects will continue to push that narrative.

Roll out legislation, stop with the tax returns and Russia nonsense, and then maybe they can address getting things done to help the country instead of focusing on 2020.
This is what you wrote. It’s a lie. Or else (more likely) you were lied to and bought it and repeated it here. Why can’t you just admit it? 

That doesn't say they haven't rolled anything out. Shall I edit it to say continue to roll out legislation?
Do what you want. Except that wouldn’t be an edit, it would be a significant change, and it would pretty much destroy your entire point. Because once you concede that they are able to investigate Trump AND roll out legislation at the same time, your complaint becomes meaningless. 

Do what you want. Except that wouldn’t be an edit, it would be a significant change, and it would pretty much destroy your entire point. Because once you concede that they are able to investigate Trump AND roll out legislation at the same time, your complaint becomes meaningless. 
Lighten up Tim. Wow. My intent was never to say or imply they haven't rolled out legislation. And my point wasn't they can't investigate and roll out legislation. My point is in my opinion and many others the other message I referred to seems to be hurting them as well as potentially harming them in 2020.

No no..next they will call you an alias...I don't know why that happens so much here, nor why it seems to be so horrible..But there are lot of people wh must have liked that TV show or something   :shrug:
Yes, that indeed is a mystery...

The point is moot however because @Maurile Tremblay  recently said in another thread (unless I misunderstood him) that alias accounts are now acceptable and you can post under two or more handles simultaneously, provided one of them is not banned or suspended. Bozeman (or whatever he goes by) was posting under two accounts and that was deemed OK since neither was under suspension.

If actually I did misunderstand Maurile, I wish he or another mod would clarify this as IMHO it seems contrary to prior forum policy.

Yes, that indeed is a mystery...

The point is moot however because @Maurile Tremblay  recently said in another thread (unless I misunderstood him) that alias accounts are now acceptable and you can post under two or more handles simultaneously, provided one of them is not banned or suspended. Bozeman (or whatever he goes by) was posting under two accounts and that was deemed OK since neither was under suspension.

If actually I did misunderstand Maurile, I wish he or another mod would clarify this as IMHO it seems contrary to prior forum policy.
I believe it's been acceptable for some time as long as:

1. the accounts aren't intended to be used to bolster one another/pretend there are multiple people agreeing with the same thing; and

2. the user is using multiple devices, browsers, or IP addresses for whatever reason and it allows them to just stay logged in and not have to mess with logging in and out on multiple devices.

There was a period of time on the board after the upgrade that if you logged into your account on a computer, you'd get logged out on your phone/tablet/whatever.  It was a PITA.  I think that's when they relaxed the rules on it.

Lighten up Tim. Wow. My intent was never to say or imply they haven't rolled out legislation. And my point wasn't they can't investigate and roll out legislation. My point is in my opinion and many others the other message I referred to seems to be hurting them as well as potentially harming them in 2020.
Sarah Sanders said yesterday they haven’t rolled out any legislation. Donald Trump said the same thing. So did Sean Hannity. So did Laura Ingraham. So did Rush. It’s a talking point that had been repeated endlessly in the last 24 hours, so when you write the same thing here and then later claim it was “never your intent”, forgive me if I doubt your sincerity. 

Sarah Sanders said yesterday they haven’t rolled out any legislation. Donald Trump said the same thing. So did Sean Hannity. So did Laura Ingraham. So did Rush. It’s a talking point that had been repeated endlessly in the last 24 hours, so when you write the same thing here and then later claim it was “never your intent”, forgive me if I doubt your sincerity. 
Give me a break Tim. Get off your high horse judgemental self. What I wrote was sincere. You are one angry dude today. Seems to me you are using the talking point that Trump will only use money for the immigration problem to build a wall.

Users who are viewing this thread