What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nancy Pelosi thread (2 Viewers)

She’s definitely facing a problem. Pelosi was a speaker today in San Francisco, along with almost all of the candidates, at the Democratic convention. It’s Nancy’s home turf, but the crowd kept interrupting her. “Impeach! Impeach!” they kept yelling. They wouldn’t let her finish. 
The problem isn't that Democrats have a faction who support impeachment; the problem is that Pelosi can't control a crowd.

Her position isn't "don't Impeach", it's "don't Impeach, yet."

Let's see what happens when the courts are done forcing the turnover of relevant documents.

She’s definitely facing a problem. Pelosi was a speaker today in San Francisco, along with almost all of the candidates, at the Democratic convention. It’s Nancy’s home turf, but the crowd kept interrupting her. “Impeach! Impeach!” they kept yelling. They wouldn’t let her finish. 
I want him gone for dozens of good reasons but she has a point when she says that if the senate doesn't join in its unlikely he gets prosecuted when he's no longer the POTUS. 

I want him gone for dozens of good reasons but she has a point when she says that if the senate doesn't join in its unlikely he gets prosecuted when he's no longer the POTUS. 
I'm picturing a OJ reboot come 2020, with DJT riding on a slow boat to Russia and the USS John McCain (and others) on his tail.

Last edited by a moderator:
My god I never thought Nancy Pelosi could get as terrible and divisive as speaker as she was during the Bush years, but she has proven me wrong (and she was completely unhinged during the Bush years).  Just cringeworthy.

Sheriff Bart said:
"I don’t want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison,” Pelosi said, according to multiple Democratic sources familiar with the meeting. "
Have another vodka, Nancy.  :banned:

Widbil83 said:
My god I never thought Nancy Pelosi could get as terrible and divisive as speaker as she was during the Bush years, but she has proven me wrong (and she was completely unhinged during the Bush years).  Just cringeworthy.

Have another vodka, Nancy.  :banned:

This old nasty hag needs put away in a home somewhere without human contact.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I too once felt this way.  Trump being elected made me actually do some real "homework" though and I have seen the light.  It can happen to you too!  Join  the light side, we need you. :thumbup:

I'm embarrassed to admit that I too once felt this way.  Trump being elected made me actually do some real "homework" though and I have seen the light.  It can happen to you too!  Join  the light side, we need you. :thumbup:
Why are you quoting 3 people who are talking about Nancy Pelosi to whine about President Trump?  You have like 14 threads to spaz out in in the front page about him, pick one and leave us alone.

They tear down powerful women. It's what they do. No conscience. No self awareness. No honesty. 

SEAN HANNITY (HOST): Speaker Pelosi now apparently telling senior Democrats that she'd like to see Trump behind bars.

Based on no actual crimes, she wants a political opponent locked up in prison?

That happens in banana republics -- beyond despicable behavior. And by the way, they would literally turn, in many ways, the USA into a country we no longer recognize.

That takes a LOT of stones knowing how many lokc her up chants he's cheered. I don't see how people watch this stuff and think its not ridiculous. 

Trump really has no idea how to deal with her. His comments yesterday-  “she’s nasty, a terrible politician, awful person, corrupt” were simply pathetic. 

haha, I'm not on any side, I just call it as I see it.  I think Trump crazy, but Nancy isn't too far off in my book.  

They tear down powerful women. It's what they do. No conscience. No self awareness. No honesty. 

SEAN HANNITY (HOST): Speaker Pelosi now apparently telling senior Democrats that she'd like to see Trump behind bars.

That happens in banana republics -- beyond despicable behavior. And by the way, they would literally turn, in many ways, the USA into a country we no longer recognize.

That takes a LOT of stones knowing how many lokc her up chants he's cheered. I don't see how people watch this stuff and think its not ridiculous. 
Prothero sure does have a way with words. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/liberal-msnbc-hosts-pelosi-jail-trump

Trump really has no idea how to deal with her. His comments yesterday-  “she’s nasty, a terrible politician, awful person, corrupt” were simply pathetic. 
i want to know who is the psychopath that prepared this interview and said "you know what would be the perfect backdrop to this interview:  a cemetery"   Seriously no freaking office or at the very least turn the camera to the other side.  

Also funny that Ingram is telling people IT IS FAKE NEWS that they delayed things because of the interview and when Trump said in the interview that he did it.  But I guess in the spirit of politics you are only supposed to remember the LAST thing not all things 

i want to know who is the psychopath that prepared this interview and said "you know what would be the perfect backdrop to this interview:  a cemetery"   Seriously no freaking office or at the very least turn the camera to the other side.  
Fixed your quote:

i want to know who is the psychopath that prepared this interview and said "you know what would be the perfect backdrop to this interview:  a military cemetery. In another country. On the anniversary of D-Day. With gravesites visible in every shot."   Seriously no freaking office or at the very least turn the camera to the other side.

So tell me John. What standard are we to live by? 

I haven't seen you all butthurt about the literally thousands of statements from the other side of the aisle. Trump told Hillary to her face in the middle of a Presidential debate he'd put her in prison. 

Just give me some consistency. Will you be there next time the Lock her up chant springs forth? 
Butthurt? That’s being excellent? I think it’s wrong when anyone mentions prison when it comes to a person in high office. 

He can act outraged but It’s all been normalized by Trump, his supporters and the Hannity’s of the world. 

There were several people on Fox yesterday saying it’s wrong for anyone to mention prison for someone higher up in the government. 
And they’re right. But why didn’t they say it before? Why were they silent during all the “lock her up” chanting? 

Or what about last week when Trump accused Comey and Brennan of committing treason, which carries a death sentence? Did the Fox people complain? Did you? 

And they’re right. But why didn’t they say it before? Why were they silent during all the “lock her up” chanting? 

Or what about last week when Trump accused Comey and Brennan of committing treason, which carries a death sentence? Did the Fox people complain? Did you? 
Start a new thread, you’re overdue for a new one.

So you support what Pelosi said?
No. Did she admit to saying it? Was she serious? I really have no idea. Mostly unplugged the last week on vacation. Seems like more of the same transactional  politics that Trump plays daily, I’m exhausted by it and hoping for change, but can’t see it changing much if the president doesn’t show moral clarity and consistency himself. The political climate is terrible but didn’t happen by accident. 

Ha, Donald and his supporters want to play that game but don't seem to be able to handle it very well when it comes back at them. It may have cheered the less sophisticated at the rallies but the reality is that he'll be on the end of a "guilty" sentence before Hilary will ever even be tried. 

You guys have hitched your wagon to a crook and an incompetent one at that.

The crimes he has committed are laid out in plain language. Hundresds of former prosecutors stood behind a letter as such. Obstruction on numerous levels is laid out very plainly. Why wouldn't you want the perpetrator in prison? 

Hillary got investigated for years. They got bupkus. She sat in front of them for 11 hours in front of god and everybody and they looked stupid.    

The two things are not the same no matter how much you want them to be. 

Just because they were so obstructiony that Mueller couldn't prove CONSPIRACY doesn't matter at all. Collusion isn't a thing. There are so many bad acts in there that stop just short of conspiracy its shameful. He is not fit for the office.....and everybody including conservatives know it. History will not look kindly on them. 

And I'll say I want him in Prison because that's where he belongs. He's a criminal. An sexual predator. A money launderer and a fraudster. And corrupt as the day is long. Emoluments clause violations happen on a daily basis. He has a corrupt Senate majority leader to aid and abett his crimes. 

The right is the King of "can dish it out but can't take it". 

Go hiding behind mamas apron when the going gets tough. 

ericttspikes said:
No. Did she admit to saying it? Was she serious? I really have no idea. Mostly unplugged the last week on vacation. Seems like more of the same transactional  politics that Trump plays daily, I’m exhausted by it and hoping for change, but can’t see it changing much if the president doesn’t show moral clarity and consistency himself. The political climate is terrible but didn’t happen by accident. 
The political climate is terrible. And if you think the left and Democrats aren’t part of the problem you’re fooling yourself. 

Trump embarrasses himself on a daily basis and makes a mockery of the office he holds.  

I doubt the pathetic irony of his (and his sycophants - Hannity) outrage even occurred to him.  He is that dense.  

Jackstraw said:
The crimes he has committed are laid out in plain language. Hundresds of former prosecutors stood behind a letter as such. Obstruction on numerous levels is laid out very plainly. Why wouldn't you want the perpetrator in prison? 

Hillary got investigated for years. They got bupkus. She sat in front of them for 11 hours in front of god and everybody and they looked stupid.    

The two things are not the same no matter how much you want them to be. 

Just because they were so obstructiony that Mueller couldn't prove CONSPIRACY doesn't matter at all. Collusion isn't a thing. There are so many bad acts in there that stop just short of conspiracy its shameful. He is not fit for the office.....and everybody including conservatives know it. History will not look kindly on them. 

And I'll say I want him in Prison because that's where he belongs. He's a criminal. An sexual predator. A money launderer and a fraudster. And corrupt as the day is long. Emoluments clause violations happen on a daily basis. He has a corrupt Senate majority leader to aid and abett his crimes. 
So what does this have to do with Nancy Pelosi?

Oh yeah. Either she doesn't have the evidence or the political balls to impeach Trump. Or he's not guilty.

Users who are viewing this thread