What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nancy Pelosi thread (2 Viewers)

tommyGunZ said:
Yes - that is the way Congress works. It’s not Nancy’s personal budget, it’s the result of choices, priorities, and compromises from several hundred lawmakers. 
Yeah, that’s how it works.  People like us “compromise” away our rights and standard of living, and transnational corporations get everything they could ever ask for.  Then millionaire politicians get cush revolving door jobs from the lobbies they sold us out to.   But oh well, hundreds of lawmakers went along with it so I guess that’s just how it works.  

Discuss whatever you would like.  My comment stands. If you’re defending Trump but outraged about Nancy’s hair, you’re insane.  
The outrage has nothing to with Nutty’s hair.    When she thought the cameras were off, she ditched the mask.   She wants business closed except for her.   It’s the hypocrisy of Nancy and every other politician that drives the peasants crazy.   

The outrage has nothing to with Nutty’s hair.    When she thought the cameras were off, she ditched the mask.   She wants business closed except for her.   It’s the hypocrisy of Nancy and every other politician that drives the peasants crazy.   
I'm a peasant, and this isn't outrageous to me.  I don't believe Nancy "wants businesses closed except for her".  I think Nancy believes social distancing and masks is the best policy, and I'd be blown away if she wasn't wearing her mask on a regular basis.  The fact that she had it off for 20 seconds in a video isn't surprising.  I've vigilant about wearing a mask, and I know a couple of times in public I've realized that my mask was pulled down, and I pulled it back up.  :shrug:

I'm no fan of Pelosi, but it seems to me that she was making a (not nearly as funny as she thought) attempt at being coy, in an attempt to make it clear she had no intention of answering the question directly without just saying "I won't discuss that".
Yeah...she isn't going to directly answer it...and even that has people posting in places that she is saying she will bring up impeachment to stop the GOP from filling RBG's seat.

I'm no fan of Pelosi, but it seems to me that she was making a (not nearly as funny as she thought) attempt at being coy, in an attempt to make it clear she had no intention of answering the question directly without just saying "I won't discuss that".
Yeah I got that impression too.  Still just supercringe and made her look like a malfunctioning robot

Last edited by a moderator:
The President in the hospital with a disease that has proven to be deadly, particularly for the elderly and those in poor health ...yet Pelosi, as #2 in the succession line, is getting her updates from - the media.  That's not right.

The lady that won't wear a mask to the salon has a problem with others not wearing masks?  Go figure
The hair salon was closed to the public (while SFO required non-essential businesses, including hair salons, to remain closed) however the stylist agreed to see her privately. So this was not like Trump exposing dozens of people at the WH. My understanding was that it was just Pelosi and the stylist in the shop even though it was in violation of the ordinance in place at that time.

My stylist had customers come to her home for those that couldn't wait until her shop was allowed back open by L.A. County officials. That is how it should have been handled with Pelosi.

The hair salon was closed to the public (while SFO required non-essential businesses, including hair salons, to remain closed) however the stylist agreed to see her privately. So this was not like Trump exposing dozens of people at the WH. My understanding was that it was just Pelosi and the stylist in the shop even though it was in violation of the ordinance in place at that time.

My stylist had customers come to her home for those that couldn't wait until her shop was allowed back open by L.A. County officials. That is how it should have been handled with Pelosi.
The video showed more than one person in the salon.  And she was the only one not wearing a mask.  If you're down to splitting hairs on the number of people to suit your side you are being hypocritical.  It's either ok or not.

The video showed more than one person in the salon.  And she was the only one not wearing a mask.  If you're down to splitting hairs on the number of people to suit your side you are being hypocritical.  It's either ok or not.
I didn't say it was OK, I noted in my post: "even though it was in violation of the ordinance in place at that time."

And that is a hell of a lot different than being in a hair saloon (while COVID negative) with two other people who are wearing masks, than Trump, probably knowing he was infected with COVID meeting and interaction with dozens of people, few or none wearing a mask.  And since returning from Walter Reed Trump has interacted with WH staffers while he is still probably highly infectious to others.

:shrug:

Link

At least two stylists, that means likely other patrons that day, and of course Nancy's entourage.  Adds up to dozens of people.

Plus you have to take into account the size of those small, tiny rooms.
:no:

There weren't dozens of people when she was there. Just two. No evidence of her entourage being there either, nor any film evidence of other patrons present (remember legally the shop could not be open per city ordinance).

Actually, that is not a bad thing as even in her mid 80s she dismisses the squad. AOC is probably fuming.  

Plus, Nancy is the only senior advisor left for Biden.

She is 81 which is not mid 80s, love how you always add years to politicians you don't like such as Biden and Pelosi. 😆

She has to announce but after she loses the house for the dems she will retire.

If she didn't run she would lose control of house.     

She is 81 which is not mid 80s, love how you always add years to politicians you don't like such as Biden and Pelosi. 😆

Nancy will be 82 in March before the election, if she wins will be 86 if she finished her term, past her mid 80s. Biden will be 80 by mid-terms next this year.  

How am I adding years?

Nancy will be 82 in March before the election, if she wins will be 86 if she finished her term, past her mid 80s. Biden will be 80 by mid-terms next this year.  

How am I adding years?

Fun Fact: 82 is not considered mid-80s as you suggested she is, not when she finishes her term.

Fun Fact: 82 is not considered mid-80s as you suggested she is, not when she finishes her term.

Fun Fact: 82 is 82 any way you slice it.  It is old.  :yes:

OK, she is in her early 80s.  Is that better?  In 2 years she will be mid 80s.  Biden will be 80 this year.

We talking 80s, not 50s or 60s, but 80s.

But it is not mid-80s like you said. You always exaggerate age for those you don't like and it is not accidental IMO because it happens too often.

82-84 is just semantics.   You know and I know 80s is old for any profession.

I stated earlier I am glad Pelosi is running again as she keeps AOC in check.

I am sure @Joe Bryant will be proud of your semantics game in your attempt to derail a thread. Well done. 

:lol:

Derail a thread?

I was the first one to post in this thread in over a year and after that I responded to the false statement made by another poster saying she is in her mid-80s (she is 81 at the moment). 

How am I adding years?
Um...  Pretty sure House terms are only two years.  :P   Your overall premise is correct, of course.  She's pretty old, as are many of our representatives, and ultimately, we need younger representation in general.

:lol:

Derail a thread?

I was the first one to post in this thread in over a year and after that I responded to the false statement made by another poster saying she is in her mid-80s (she is 81 at the moment). 

For the love of God..she will be 82 in March.  You are carrying on like she is 50 and I said she was 80.

You were called out in the Biden thread a few times with no responses, yet you will debate post after post if Pelosi is in her early or mid 80s until the cows come home.  

For the love of God..she will be 82 in March.  You are carrying on like she is 50 and I said she was 80.

You were called out in the Biden thread a few times with no responses, yet you will debate post after post if Pelosi is in her early or mid 80s until the cows come home.  

It's a tactic - hammer irrelevant minutiae incessantly to derail the actual topic discussion.

It's a tactic - hammer irrelevant minutiae incessantly to derail the actual topic discussion.

Except I started the topic discussion in a thread that had been dormant and had not been posted in for over a year. What derailed was the false comment about her age.

Users who are viewing this thread