Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Nancy Pelosi thread

On 9/7/2020 at 3:37 PM, tommyGunZ said:

Yes - that is the way Congress works. It’s not Nancy’s personal budget, it’s the result of choices, priorities, and compromises from several hundred lawmakers. 

Yeah, that’s how it works.  People like us “compromise” away our rights and standard of living, and transnational corporations get everything they could ever ask for.  Then millionaire politicians get cush revolving door jobs from the lobbies they sold us out to.   But oh well, hundreds of lawmakers went along with it so I guess that’s just how it works.  

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mister Blutarsky: zero-point-zero.

Yeah, she sure zinged Trump.  That was a doozy. In the meantime, we get to keep a dangerously incompetent and historically corrupt president in office for two more years.  But wow what a burn.

If only there were some remedy available in situations where a President commits crimes... Mitch McConnell has destroyed a number of procedural norms for partisan gain, but he has not destroyed a

On 9/5/2020 at 2:00 AM, tommyGunZ said:

Discuss whatever you would like.  My comment stands. If you’re defending Trump but outraged about Nancy’s hair, you’re insane.  

The outrage has nothing to with Nutty’s hair.    When she thought the cameras were off, she ditched the mask.   She wants business closed except for her.   It’s the hypocrisy of Nancy and every other politician that drives the peasants crazy.   

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

The outrage has nothing to with Nutty’s hair.    When she thought the cameras were off, she ditched the mask.   She wants business closed except for her.   It’s the hypocrisy of Nancy and every other politician that drives the peasants crazy.   

I'm a peasant, and this isn't outrageous to me.  I don't believe Nancy "wants businesses closed except for her".  I think Nancy believes social distancing and masks is the best policy, and I'd be blown away if she wasn't wearing her mask on a regular basis.  The fact that she had it off for 20 seconds in a video isn't surprising.  I've vigilant about wearing a mask, and I know a couple of times in public I've realized that my mask was pulled down, and I pulled it back up.  :shrug:

• Laughing 1
On 9/6/2020 at 11:28 PM, tommyGunZ said:

She and her husband are LOADED. Yet she continues to champion a platform that will increase her taxes and in order to redistribute wealth to the least fortunate.  

She could do that right now without waiting for a tax bill.

Edited by Phil Elliott
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ren hoek said:

I'm no fan of Pelosi, but it seems to me that she was making a (not nearly as funny as she thought) attempt at being coy, in an attempt to make it clear she had no intention of answering the question directly without just saying "I won't discuss that".

Edited by Rich Conway
1 hour ago, Rich Conway said:

I'm no fan of Pelosi, but it seems to me that she was making a (not nearly as funny as she thought) attempt at being coy, in an attempt to make it clear she had no intention of answering the question directly without just saying "I won't discuss that".

Yeah...she isn't going to directly answer it...and even that has people posting in places that she is saying she will bring up impeachment to stop the GOP from filling RBG's seat.

2 hours ago, Rich Conway said:

Yeah I got that impression too.  Still just supercringe and made her look like a malfunctioning robot

Edited by ren hoek
  • 2 weeks later...

The President in the hospital with a disease that has proven to be deadly, particularly for the elderly and those in poor health ...yet Pelosi, as #2 in the succession line, is getting her updates from - the media.  That's not right.

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1313917010280165379

Speaker Pelosi on ABC:

"I wouldn't go anywhere near the White House. It's one of the most dangerous places in the country both in terms of the assault that it makes on truth as well as health."

The lady that won't wear a mask to the salon has a problem with others not wearing masks?  Go figure

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1313917010280165379

Speaker Pelosi on ABC:

"I wouldn't go anywhere near the White House. It's one of the most dangerous places in the country both in terms of the assault that it makes on truth as well as health."

This tweet belongs in the 80 years old and over politician thread

18 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

The lady that won't wear a mask to the salon has a problem with others not wearing masks?  Go figure

The hair salon was closed to the public (while SFO required non-essential businesses, including hair salons, to remain closed) however the stylist agreed to see her privately. So this was not like Trump exposing dozens of people at the WH. My understanding was that it was just Pelosi and the stylist in the shop even though it was in violation of the ordinance in place at that time.

My stylist had customers come to her home for those that couldn't wait until her shop was allowed back open by L.A. County officials. That is how it should have been handled with Pelosi.

2 hours ago, squistion said:

The hair salon was closed to the public (while SFO required non-essential businesses, including hair salons, to remain closed) however the stylist agreed to see her privately. So this was not like Trump exposing dozens of people at the WH. My understanding was that it was just Pelosi and the stylist in the shop even though it was in violation of the ordinance in place at that time.

My stylist had customers come to her home for those that couldn't wait until her shop was allowed back open by L.A. County officials. That is how it should have been handled with Pelosi.

The video showed more than one person in the salon.  And she was the only one not wearing a mask.  If you're down to splitting hairs on the number of people to suit your side you are being hypocritical.  It's either ok or not.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, tonydead said:

The video showed more than one person in the salon.  And she was the only one not wearing a mask.  If you're down to splitting hairs on the number of people to suit your side you are being hypocritical.  It's either ok or not.

I didn't say it was OK, I noted in my post: "even though it was in violation of the ordinance in place at that time."

And that is a hell of a lot different than being in a hair saloon (while COVID negative) with two other people who are wearing masks, than Trump, probably knowing he was infected with COVID meeting and interaction with dozens of people, few or none wearing a mask.  And since returning from Walter Reed Trump has interacted with WH staffers while he is still probably highly infectious to others.

36 minutes ago, tonydead said:

It's either ok or not.

:shrug:

8 minutes ago, squistion said:

that is a hell of a lot different 

Link

At least two stylists, that means likely other patrons that day, and of course Nancy's entourage.  Adds up to dozens of people.

Plus you have to take into account the size of those small, tiny rooms.

Edited by tonydead

Just now, tonydead said:

:shrug:

Link

At least two stylists, that means likely other patrons that day, and of course Nancy's entourage.  Adds up to dozens of people.

Plus you have to take into account the size of those small, tiny rooms.

:no:

There weren't dozens of people when she was there. Just two. No evidence of her entourage being there either, nor any film evidence of other patrons present (remember legally the shop could not be open per city ordinance).