What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tate to Eagles .. Wow fire Power (1 Viewer)

WOW!  This is great for my fantasy season :lol:    I know you all care so I'll share the details:  I have Wentz and Golladay so this trade helps both players from a fantasy perspective.

wow - I think if anything this is a statement about Agholor’s ineffectiveness this year. After taking a huge leap forward last year he’s really been mediocre, which allowed defenses to key on Ertz & Jeffery. 

IMO he’s now droppable in redraft, while both Ertz & Jeffery get a bump. 

I think it helps Alshon. One more mouth to feed also means less secondary attention to Jeffery. 

Maybe not Tate though. 
Yeah but I really needed help at WR and had tons of great RBs. Now Tate going to philly kills me because am I gonna start Alshon and Tate!?

Yeah but I really needed help at WR and had tons of great RBs. Now Tate going to philly kills me because am I gonna start Alshon and Tate!?
I would. Absolutely. Jeffery is on the outside, while Tate likely moves to the Slot.

woild you start Thielen & Diggs if you have them both? 

Youll be fine. 

I would. Absolutely. Jeffery is on the outside, while Tate likely moves to the Slot.

woild you start Thielen & Diggs if you have them both? 

Youll be fine. 
I disagree with this, those 2 situations aren't similar at all. Thielen and Diggs are 1st and 4th in the NFL in targets, that isn't happening for Jeffery/Tate, especially because 5th in targets is Zach Ertz. 

Maybe I'm underestimating Philly's pass production, but I think Jeffery, Tate, and Ertz all take hits from this deal. Tate is a bench player in my opinion, unless Ertz takes a big step back in target %, or the Eagles start throwing 50 times a game.

I disagree with this, those 2 situations aren't similar at all. Thielen and Diggs are 1st and 4th in the NFL in targets, that isn't happening for Jeffery/Tate, especially because 5th in targets is Zach Ertz. 

Maybe I'm underestimating Philly's pass production, but I think Jeffery, Tate, and Ertz all take hits from this deal. Tate is a bench player in my opinion, unless Ertz takes a big step back in target %, or the Eagles start throwing 50 times a game.
Maybe with the inefficiency in the run will help but this was kind of my initial thought.

It just depends what Doug/Howie have in mind I suppose. I doubt they trade for him if he isnt coming into 7-9 targets a game.

They’re similar in that it’s 2 players from the same team.

i never said the players or talent were comparable.

i also specifically said in another post that i.think it’s better for Jeffery than anyone.

No, Agholor is the bench player. Matthews & Nelson will both be worthless in fantasy.

Tate gives the Eagles a perfect complimentary receiver.

its a chicken & the egg thing - the Eagles haven’t been as effective passing the ball because they didn’t have anything behind Jeffery & Ertz to catch the ball.

this gives them the weapons they need. And with a weak run game, I expect the passing production to improve as a result of Tate’s acquisition. 

Everyone agree here?
No not really.  I think it could go either way, and any bump in either direction is going to be smaller than people in here are going to want to claim.

I think they stay about the same.  Ertz might get a few less targets, Jeff may get a few more.  But we're not talking huge changes here.  Tate takes on the Aghalor role who was getting 8 targets per game.

wow - I think if anything this is a statement about Agholor’s ineffectiveness this year. After taking a huge leap forward last year he’s really been mediocre, which allowed defenses to key on Ertz & Jeffery. 

IMO he’s now droppable in redraft, while both Ertz & Jeffery get a bump. 
His number of catches and catch percentage is actually up from last season. Yes, his yards per catch and TD's are down, but a lot of that had to do with him catching a lot of dump offs when Jeffery was out and that was the only thing that was available to Foles/Wentz. He has not been terrible, the whole Eagles offense has been somewhat out of sorts this season due to injuries at receiver, rb, qb, and the oline.

His number of catches and catch percentage is actually up from last season. Yes, his yards per catch and TD's are down, but a lot of that had to do with him catching a lot of dump offs when Jeffery was out and that was the only thing that was available to Foles/Wentz. He has not been terrible, the whole Eagles offense has been somewhat out of sorts this season due to injuries at receiver, rb, qb, and the oline.
He’s also been unable to get separation deep, which is why most of his receptions are dump-offs.

last year he was emerging as a deep ball receiver. I’ve seen none of that this year, and would have expected to see it especially when Jeffery was out. 

I was actually targeting Agholor in both leagues because of the Jeffery suspension - a lucky miss in both leagues. 

Wow.  Bump Golladay & Kerryon?
Not so fast. I own Golladay as I owned Calvin J. and I know this means some schlep WR comes in and catches passes from the Stafford hack. He's afraid to throw to the best players. He likes losing and throws to sucky players. I've dealt with it for over a decade.

No

I think it takes targets from Ertz.

And I'm not happy about it
It could also be an acknowledgement that they will have a very unbalanced run-pass ratio because of injuries at RB and on the OL.

Ertz’ targets may go down slightly but not demonstrably. The TE1 is a huge factor in this offense and always will be regardless of who else is on the field. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if short passes to Tate replace runs more than they do passes to others.

Wentz beter qb.. Eagles no running game.. Tate Jeffrey and Ertz to get most of the targets.. Tate should be good but you have to give him time with chemistry and learning playbook..

Wr do not adjust well to in-season trades .. Tate will produce more as a Eagle in due time 

Users who are viewing this thread