What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Gems - Week 10 (1 Viewer)

I'm looking for a WR not named Corderelle Patterson...............................anyone?

Signed, AJ Green owner.

TZM

I'm looking for a WR not named Corderelle Patterson...............................anyone?

Signed, AJ Green owner.

TZM
Kelvin Benjamin - the targets are there (WR32), the yards are not (WR61), season high 9 targets in week 9, no fewer than 5 since week 2.  I don't know your league depth, but for a scrub WR, he has a pretty high floor.

Josh Adams

MVS

T. Smith
I just picked up all 3 this past week and started MVS & Tre-Quan both! 

What about backup RB's like Spencer Ware KC,  Rod Smith DAL & Malcomb Brown LAR? 

With late season schedules giving way to other players getting touches to "preserve the RB1" (ie KC & LAR)....  maybe now is the time grab them? 

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Elijah Mcguire was lined up as WR on several plays. He must have good hands and route skills. He also ran well. He could be their RB 1b of 2018 and beyond. 

Elijah Mcguire was lined up as WR on several plays. He must have good hands and route skills. He also ran well. He could be their RB 1b of 2018 and beyond. 
I’m not sure I want any of the Jets backfield.  

I am going to likely drop Crowell this week because he just can’t be trusted to do anything. I feel like there are a lot higher upside guys than McGuire on most wires 

I’m not sure I want any of the Jets backfield.  

I am going to likely drop Crowell this week because he just can’t be trusted to do anything. I feel like there are a lot higher upside guys than McGuire on most wires 
16 team league. I'm desperate.

John Ross, due to return against the Saints, nice SOS, groin injury has hampered him so hopefully he returns as close to healed as possible.  Toe injuries in football are nasty business, AJ may struggle all year.

Eights said:
John Ross, due to return against the Saints, nice SOS, groin injury has hampered him so hopefully he returns as close to healed as possible.  Toe injuries in football are nasty business, AJ may struggle all year.
John Ross seems risky as hell.  But, someone has to catch passes in Cincy 

Since I rarely carry 2 QB's, if Dalton was dropped b/c of the bye (or just b/c he hasn't been that great), he has a very favorable matchup vs. NO next week and could be a great bye-week fill-in or even over your lower-tier current starting QB1. 

Since I rarely carry 2 QB's, if Dalton was dropped b/c of the bye (or just b/c he hasn't been that great), he has a very favorable matchup vs. NO next week and could be a great bye-week fill-in or even over your lower-tier current starting QB1. 
With no AJ Green? I dunno.

With no AJ Green? I dunno.
AJ Green or not, they still have Mixon to take pressure off & will likely need to play catch-up with that NO offense. I could think of a far worse options at QB in week 10 (especially for Watson/ Cousins owners)

mike davis if carson is actually hurt again?

Alf Morris again?

pre-emptive winston pickup if Fitz stinks up joint again? As long as they play the entire game jameis or fitz are both putting up QB1 numbers every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
AJ Green or not, they still have Mixon to take pressure off & will likely need to play catch-up with that NO offense. I could think of a far worse options at QB in week 10 (especially for Watson/ Cousins owners)
Have both Dalton and Cousins and I agree, Dalton is a better than decent play for this week and he's got good matchups in week 15 and 16. 

John Ross seems risky as hell.  But, someone has to catch passes in Cincy 
Agreed, he is risky and often injured Wr but he was a first round 9th pick overall in the 2017 draft.  He was ranked as the third best wide receiver prospect in the draft by ESPN and was ranked the second best wide receiver prospect by Sports Illustrated and NFLDraftScout.com. He's fast as hell and he now has the opportunity. Teams on the schedule are Saints, Steelers, Browns twice one being Week 16, Raiders Week 15, Worth a flyer. :bag:

Evans had a line of 1/16, Godwin 2/40, Jackson 2/32.

This week was Humphries high watermark by a decent amount, IMO.
That wouldn't surprise me, and I know he's one of those guys that has big games and then disappears, but look at his last 3 weeks:

Week 7 -  9 Targets, 7.7 PPR points

Week 8 - 10 Targets, 14.6 PPR points

Week 9 - 8 Targets, 28 PPR points

If those targets keep up at anywhere near that rate, he should have a pretty healthy PPR floor.

That wouldn't surprise me, and I know he's one of those guys that has big games and then disappears, but look at his last 3 weeks:

Week 7 -  9 Targets, 7.7 PPR points

Week 8 - 10 Targets, 14.6 PPR points

Week 9 - 8 Targets, 28 PPR points

If those targets keep up at anywhere near that rate, he should have a pretty healthy PPR floor.
It’s a question of if they’re chasing the scoreboard and the defense is dropping into a shell. When they do (like Carolina yesterday), Humphries runs wide open underneath while the defense doesn’t let anyone get deep. 

Are you confident they’ll be chasing against Washington missing the left side of their OL?  Not sure I am. 

It’s a question of if they’re chasing the scoreboard and the defense is dropping into a shell. When they do (like Carolina yesterday), Humphries runs wide open underneath while the defense doesn’t let anyone get deep. 

Are you confident they’ll be chasing against Washington missing the left side of their OL?  Not sure I am. 
I don’t know about Washington in particular, but the Bucs have been hands-down the worst defense in the league this year, so I do think they’ll continue to play catch up.

Lots of mouths to feed there for sure, but those recent targets are hard to ignore. Can’t think of anyone who gets 9 targets a game that isn’t owned in every league.

Jeff Heuerman, TE - In this turrible TE market a guy who gets 11 targets is an auto-add.

Maurice Harris, WR - With Richardson out for the year, Harris steps in as the #2 WR facing Tampa Bay next week. Just had 12 targets in Week 9.

New York Jets, D/ST - Nathan. Peterman.

(I'd normally have a Fave Five here, but my fantasy team is in mourning after losing A.J. Green and Chris Carson to injury, and my only healthy non-Bye RB left is Jamal Williams)

EDIT: Why does Cordarelle Patterson NOT have RB eligibility?

In a league with Clement and Adams on wire and in bye week injury purgatory at RB this week.  Who is the better add?

I have Adams>>Clement but don’t follow Eagles that closely.  

Evans had a line of 1/16, Godwin 2/40, Jackson 2/32.

This week was Humphries high watermark by a decent amount, IMO.
I started Godwin this week (over OJ Howard)  :wall:

On the one hand, I think that game was a bit of a fluke in terms of target distribution. On the other, it highlights how hard it is to trust any TB WRs outside of Evans. Personally, I wouldn't invest in any of them, and I'm dropping Godwin for Larry Fitz (who I dropped weeks ago and is still sitting out there on the WW).

In a league with Clement and Adams on wire and in bye week injury purgatory at RB this week.  Who is the better add?

I have Adams>>Clement but don’t follow Eagles that closely.  
Clement has had some kind of injury. But Adams hasn't really been used in the passing game. So I'd go Adams if you're hoping for a random goaline TD.

Casting Couch said:
Nick Mullens

Corderelle Patterson
Can't imagine why you'd waste a claim on Patterson. Michel is looking like he'll be back this week, and even if he's not, Pats are on bye the following week, so best case you're getting a one-week rental. Likely not even that.

Can't imagine why you'd waste a claim on Patterson. Michel is looking like he'll be back this week, and even if he's not, Pats are on bye the following week, so best case you're getting a one-week rental. Likely not even that.
Agreed.

Also, Patterson was only in at RB that whole drive because James White was banged up and out of the game.

I'd add Theo Riddick to the list.  

He got seven catches on Sunday, and appears to be healthy and spry again.   I watched a bit of the game, and the thing that caught my eye was that they were lining him up a lot at receiver.   He was also in the backfield on 3rd downs.    

He's a must-add in PPR Leagues and a flex/stash in standard.  

Kelvin Benjamin - the targets are there (WR32), the yards are not (WR61), season high 9 targets in week 9, no fewer than 5 since week 2.  I don't know your league depth, but for a scrub WR, he has a pretty high floor.
Pryor actually played more snaps than Kelvin just a week after signing there.

Logan Thomas TE Bills

Converted QB; freaky athlete. Charles Clay is injured. Plenty of opportunity in the Bills “offense”.

Could be worth a stash in deeper dynasty leagues.

Pryor actually played more snaps than Kelvin just a week after signing there.
Kelvin had 9 targets to lead the team, Pryor had 5.  Not saying those numbers won't flip-flop in week 10, but any scrub WW WR that gets 9 targets is worth a look in deeper leagues.  Any desperate owner that started him got 8 PPR pts, which is very acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread