What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 10 (2 Viewers)

So much for winning $1500...Fanduel set up a tiebreaker contest.  I guess it's a 1 in 21 shot at a $33k prize.  Of course they chose another single game so there could be another tie.

So much for winning $1500...Fanduel set up a tiebreaker contest.  I guess it's a 1 in 21 shot at a $33k prize.  Of course they chose another single game so there could be another tie.
I Didn’t want to say anything because I was hoping that wouldn’t happen to you, but that’s what they did for my tiebreaker when there was a tie for first like this. Another contest with everyone that tied.

I Didn’t want to say anything because I was hoping that wouldn’t happen to you, but that’s what they did for my tiebreaker when there was a tie for first like this. Another contest with everyone that tied.
So what happens if there's another tie???

https://www.fanduel.com/games/29859/contests/29859-222095592/enter

Any thoughts on how to attack this?

I thought Adams would be the play, but FBG is down on him (behind Smallwood and Clement).

Will Tate be a factor?

I'm trying to decide Tate/Gallup/Elliot v. Jeffery/Adams/Smallwood

Wentz as MVP is locked in.

Slight lean Prescott over Elliot.
I just briefly played with it and I dont really like any of the RBs for Eagles.  I prefer Elliot over Prescott and for sure Wentz at MVP.  I was able to get 2 QBs, both kickers, and Smallwood, but I think you need skill position in there.

Is there any noise about the Bucs going back to Winston?  I guess I worry about a bad start tio the game by Fitz and them flopping back to Winston again.  Will have to run out something with Fitz, but not sure how much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Adams would be the play, but FBG is down on him (behind Smallwood and Clement).

Rodgers to Adams is the obvious weapon to destroy the Dolphins this week. But my fear is this will be an Aaron Jones week. So I've faded Adams as a result.

Wentz is the best value at QB this week, IMO.

I keep wanting to feature a few Rivers to Allen stacks, but I think MG III gets 170 yards and three TDs and Rivers won't need to throw much.

Is there any noise about the Bucs going back to Winston?  I guess I worry about a bad start tio the game by Fitz and them flopping back to Winston again.  Will have to run out something with Fitz, but not sure how much.
I haven't heard any specific buzz, but smart money says it is going to happen.  The question is when...

I keep wanting to feature a few Rivers to Allen stacks, but I think MG III gets 170 yards and three TDs and Rivers won't need to throw much.
Fun fact: Rivers is the only qb this season to throw for 2+ tds in every game. 

(Pretty sure that's what a podcast said) 

Also, Gordon is so involved in the pass game, that it's possible he gets 1-2 receiving tds too.  

ETA:  Also, part 2 - I am warming up to the idea of having Allen and Gordon in a LU with a different QB stack.  It's also possible that Rivers has a good but not great day, passes for 250 and 2TDs, so it's not worth rostering him, but Allen gets 120 and a TD and Gordon gets 50 yds a TD and rushes for a bunch.  

:shrug:

am warming up to the idea of having Allen and Gordon in a LU with a different QB stack.  It's also possible that Rivers has a good but not great day, passes for 250 and 2TDs, so it's not worth rostering him, but Allen gets 120 and a TD and Gordon gets 50 yds a TD and rushes for a bunch.
I like it.

Revisiting some gpp ideas after looking at things deeper:

QB:  As much as I have heard Mariota mentioned on pods and in articles, I think it looks like Bortles is the gpp pivot at that price now.   Not that I don't still like guys like Fitz and Rivers as well, I think the lower % options might be Luck, Ryan, and Wilson.  

RB:  I think Gurley and D.Lewis will be a VERY popular combo, so I think the gpp idea is to pivot off those guys a bit.  I still think Gordon will be the lowest owned of the studs.   I like D.Lewis a lot this week, and will probably be in my cash LU, but there is also a real chance that Tenn puts up 13pts,  so getting a lower owned Duke/Chubb/A.Jones at similar prices should be looked into.    Dart throw guys might be Drake and Richard very low %. 

WR:   I think Thomas, Evans , Boyd, and maybe Julio will be the popular options.  So the studs I like at lower % are D.Adams and K.Allen.   Listening to pods they brought up Lockett as having a good matchup, and I don't see him being very owned.    VERY low owned darts that popped up in some airyards buy-low stuff I found were Chicago WRs (Gabriel/Miller), Mia WRs (Parker/Amendola), and Jax WRs (Moncrief/Chark - who??).   I also like Tyrell Williams

TE:  I honestly don't know what to do here.   gpp darts might be guys like Ebron, Seals-Jones, Uzomah, Hooper?

President Trump:  Not sure how cute I get here, might just stick with Jets/KC/GB/Chic/Rams   gpp darts might be NO and TB.  

Again, I am not doing LUs with all of these guys, but if I am doing a core of Fitz/Thomas/Gurley/D.Lewis in a gpp, I will think about tossing in a dart like Gabriel or Parker.   

QB:  As much as I have heard Mariota mentioned on pods and in articles, I think it looks like Bortles is the gpp pivot at that price now.   Not that I don't still like guys like Fitz and Rivers as well, I think the lower % options might be Luck, Ryan, and Wilson.  

RB:  I think Gurley and D.Lewis will be a VERY popular combo, so I think the gpp idea is to pivot off those guys a bit.  I still think Gordon will be the lowest owned of the studs.   I like D.Lewis a lot this week, and will probably be in my cash LU, but there is also a real chance that Tenn puts up 13pts,  so getting a lower owned Duke/Chubb/A.Jones at similar prices should be looked into.    Dart throw guys might be Drake and Richard very low %. 

WR:   I think Thomas, Evans , Boyd, and maybe Julio will be the popular options.  So the studs I like at lower % are D.Adams and K.Allen.   Listening to pods they brought up Lockett as having a good matchup, and I don't see him being very owned.    VERY low owned darts that popped up in some airyards buy-low stuff I found were Chicago WRs (Gabriel/Miller), Mia WRs (Parker/Amendola), and Jax WRs (Moncrief/Chark - who??).   I also like Tyrell Williams

TE:  I honestly don't know what to do here.   gpp darts might be guys like Ebron, Seals-Jones, Uzomah, Hooper?

President Trump:  Not sure how cute I get here, might just stick with Jets/KC/GB/Chic/Rams   gpp darts might be NO and TB.  

Again, I am not doing LUs with all of these guys, but if I am doing a core of Fitz/Thomas/Gurley/D.Lewis in a gpp, I will think about tossing in a dart like Gabriel or Parker.   
FBG predicting Gordon to be highly owned and the sharp play of the week, ditto Adams and Allen regarding ownership.

FBG predicting Gordon to be highly owned and the sharp play of the week, ditto Adams and Allen regarding ownership.
@BassNBrew - you talking Melvin or Josh here?     

They don't talk about ownership % a ton, but sometimes a FBG or RG podcast will mention ownership on a couple plays, and an RG one mentioned Melvin as the 5th highest behind D.Lewis and the other 3 high priced studs.  

KarmaPolice said:

:lmao: :lmao:

FD still trying to drive traffic to the single game or same day slates and not posting many Thu-Mon contests.
I have noticed that as well.  :tumbleweed:   :thumbdown:    THU - MON made for fun strategies a couple of seasons ago, until the arrival of Late Swap, and now the reduction in contests.  Seems FD wants to strangle the longer slate to increase the velocity of betting.

On the bright side, I have to begrudgingly admit I like the Single Game option for those times when you just have to have action on an island game, and love the SuperFlex option. 

https://www.fanduel.com/games/29859/contests/29859-222095592/enter

Any thoughts on how to attack this?

Will Tate be a factor?

I'm trying to decide Tate/Gallup/Elliot v. Jeffery/Adams/Smallwood

Slight lean Prescott over Elliot.
Agree with you that Wentz is the MVP

Josh Adams at only $6000 is a great value play, and potential LU differentiator

Not sure which Cowboys to use..  What about just using their kicker, Maher, and fading new trade arrivals Tate and Cooper:

Wentz/Ertz/Jeffrey/Adams/Maher 

KarmaPolice said:
I think your voice recognition software is broken.

KarmaPolice said:
Duke Chubb A.Jones Lockett Amendola
I love all these guys and have them in several lineups this week. You mentioned that you were unsure about tight ends. I'm all over Jack Doyle and Jordan Reed this week.

I have a feeling I'm going to finish high in the Sunday Million contest this week. (Of course, I have that feeling every week, so what does that show you?)

1pm only gpp

Brees

Kamara

hunt

howard

harris

kenny g (going back to the well, don’t follow me here, just feel like if I don’t play him he gets 150/2)

fitz

reed

KC

Chris carson likely to be inactive. Will be rostering davis at flex in most of my lineups to enable me to fit 2 of Gordon,Hunt and Kamara.

Chris carson likely to be inactive. Will be rostering davis at flex in most of my lineups to enable me to fit 2 of Gordon,Hunt and Kamara.
Same here (although I’m going Hunt/Gurley). Really wish we had firm confirmation he was out before the early games because Lewis is the easy pivot.

Same here (although I’m going Hunt/Gurley). Really wish we had firm confirmation he was out before the early games because Lewis is the easy pivot.
Yeah, all the pivots look to be in the early games. I’m open to Ekelor in my GPPs, but certainly not cash. 

My current cash builds:

Fitz, Melvin/Kamara, Fitz/MVS/Jones, Doyle, Chubb, Jets

Mariota, Melvin/Hunt, Evans/Jones/Golladay, Reed, Chubb, Packers

Considering Harris for Jones or Fitz in the 1st. The FBG value chart doesn’t like him, but I think w/ Crowder out he’s a good play for cash. 

My current cash builds:

Fitz, Melvin/Kamara, Fitz/MVS/Jones, Doyle, Chubb, Jets

Mariota, Melvin/Hunt, Evans/Jones/Golladay, Reed, Chubb, Packers

Considering Harris for Jones or Fitz in the 1st. The FBG value chart doesn’t like him, but I think w/ Crowder out he’s a good play for cash. 
Going Jones => Harris, Chubb => David Johnson. 

I love all these guys and have them in several lineups this week. You mentioned that you were unsure about tight ends. I'm all over Jack Doyle and Jordan Reed this week.
I have quite a bit of Doyle in GPPs myself.  Reed just looks like a shell of his normal self (this might be because of Alex Smith though), so I'm off him entirely.  

Well, I have $45 for the tickets going today and I'm only breaking even so far. I think this lowly 25 cent lineup poses the best potential for winning some money today:

QB Dak Prescott

RB Alvin Kamara 24.2

RB Duke Johnson Jr. 12.6

WR Amari Cooper 

WR Robert Woods 12.6

TE Zach Ertz

FLEX Melvin Gordon III 25

SuperFlex Carson Wentz

Well, that was close.  My lineup (Mariota/Hunt, Gordon, Duke/MVS, Gordon, Kupp/Kelce/NO - crappy WRs once again) finished with only 110.52 but it was good enough to cash in every 50/50 (39th through 47th places in 100 man contests).  I guess this makes up for those weeks I score 140+ and get shut out...lol.   Overall $24 in...$43.45 out!  Picked up the extra $0.25 in the FanDuel loyalty free play with a lineup that finished in 2054th place with a score of 147.34.

$22 in, $22.80 out today   :loco:

I took last week off of DFS, since I was out of town, and it was nice!

Realized that I have been skewing too heavily to GPPs, so put more bankroll in Cash this week.

• Sponsored freeroll GPPs failed as usual
  • GPPs - 3 $1 small squibs SE / 1190 entries  --  cashed 1 of 3 - score 153.22 - for $3 out
  • H2H -- 15 $1 H2Hs   won 11 x $1.80 =   $19.80 out
  • 3-Man contests  - Two $2 winner take all  - finished second in both, with scores of 140.22 and 122.22. ?    = $0 out 
Conclusions:  Man, it's tough out there.  Disappointing to go 11-4 in H2Hs only to give it all back on a couple of 3-man contests.

Everyone seems to be using the same player pool for cash.  Probably all listening to the same podcasts.  Contests seem to swing on picking the defense that goes off.   TE is a wasteland as usual.

Anyone tried FantasyDraft?  I understand they offer rake free H2Hs.

$22 in, $22.80 out today   :loco:

I took last week off of DFS, since I was out of town, and it was nice!

Realized that I have been skewing too heavily to GPPs, so put more bankroll in Cash this week.

• Sponsored freeroll GPPs failed as usual
  • GPPs - 3 $1 small squibs SE / 1190 entries  --  cashed 1 of 3 - score 153.22 - for $3 out
  • H2H -- 15 $1 H2Hs   won 11 x $1.80 =   $19.80 out
  • 3-Man contests  - Two $2 winner take all  - finished second in both, with scores of 140.22 and 122.22. ?    = $0 out 
Conclusions:  Man, it's tough out there.  Disappointing to go 11-4 in H2Hs only to give it all back on a couple of 3-man contests.

Everyone seems to be using the same player pool for cash.  Probably all listening to the same podcasts.  Contests seem to swing on picking the defense that goes off.   TE is a wasteland as usual.

Anyone tried FantasyDraft?  I understand they offer rake free H2Hs.
It does feel like you have to go against the norm a bit even in a cash LU, or that's just me saying that b/c I am not successful with them.  It's happened the last couple weeks where I am a little below the cash line and think I have a shot with the afternoon games starting, just to see that I and 75% of the LUs have Gordon, so I probably won't be catching the line.  That's most of why I don't enjoy cash builds and contests nearly as much.   I seem to be the opposite of how the week goes - if I try to zag a little and not have as much chalk, the chalk goes off.  This week I had a bit of chalk, and they churn out their floor games.   Oh well, I'll keep fighting the fight.  

Another fact that is becoming very clear is that it's more profitable to enter the smaller GPP's instead of large GPPs for the showdown events. 

It seems like it's better to enter GPPs that have under 2500 teams because there are too many ties in the larger fields.  

Are these gpps not filling up?  I am just surprised that the top payout and total entries keeps dropping in the Sunday Million.  

Are these gpps not filling up?  I am just surprised that the top payout and total entries keeps dropping in the Sunday Million.  
The were short a couple of weeks.  They've also backed off the tickets into the Milly for WFFC and NBA stuff which has cut down the field.

A lot of intriguing players in the Monday - Thursday slate this week. For $0.25 an entry, you can get some interesting variations.

Users who are viewing this thread