What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you wear your "I Voted" sticker around today? (1 Viewer)

Will you wear your "I Voted" sticker around today?

• Yes, because I'm proud I fulfilled my civic duty.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • No, because I'm an adult.

Votes: 61 67.8%

• Total voters

Al O'Pecia

Footballguy
This isn't political in the sense that I want to know how you voted, why, and we'll argue over our differing opinion.  So please don't move this to the godforsaken Politics Forum.

I just want to know if you wear your "I Voted" sticker around most of the day.  If so, why?

I didn't get a sticker.  They were available but I wasn't given one.  Normally I wear one but part of the reason I wear it is to justify why I was late to work.  It's kind of my "get off my ###, I was late because I was standing in line waiting to vote" sticker.

wait...we are voting today??? I honestly cant understand why I forgot? Absolutely none on social media reminded me. 

oh and we dont get stickers in NY. 

I voted three weeks ago and got a sticker that says, "I Voted Early"; proving that early voters are just as pretentious and insufferable as election day sticker people, if not moreso. 
Too dark. I wore mine and had several conversations about early voting, where polling stations were, times etc. 

I don't wear it beacuse I am proud per se (I am). I wear it to raise awareness and be a good role model so hopefully more people will vote. 
Have you encountered anyone who wasn't aware that today is voting day, but thanked you for making them aware via your sticker?

i dont just wear it bromigos i rock the hell out of it guys wanna be me and women think they can change me take that to the bank bromigos 

Have you encountered anyone who wasn't aware that today is voting day, but thanked you for making them aware via your sticker?
or maybe they saw the sticker and without thanking him, remembered that they needed to go vote.

I've done that. 

I didn't even know we were voting today until I saw Google's "Go Vote" and this thread. 

The FFA is just a gift that gives.  

No, because I have an irrational hatred for stickers. 

I think it is due to all of the time I have spent trying to scrape sticker residue off of items I've purchased.  Anytime I start working to get a sticker off and it doesn't come off clean, I go off on a "get off of my lawn" style rant.

I already wear the minimum number pieces of flair.  They gotta pay me more if they want me to have more than 15.  

No, because I have an irrational hatred for stickers. 

I think it is due to all of the time I have spent trying to scrape sticker residue off of items I've purchased.  Anytime I start working to get a sticker off and it doesn't come off clean, I go off on a "get off of my lawn" style rant.
Goo Gone will change your life.

I didn't get one.  Lady at the polls looked surprised when I turned her down.  

Personally, I don't talk politics in public.  I honestly barely talk about it with my wife at home.  I have opinions, but they're my opinions.  I don't need to justify who or what I voted for with anyone, and that's what any political discussion turns into most of the time.  Thus, an ideal trip to the polls has me in and out quickly, and zero people see or need to know that I was even there.

I didn't get one.  Lady at the polls looked surprised when I turned her down.  

Personally, I don't talk politics in public.  I honestly barely talk about it with my wife at home.  I have opinions, but they're my opinions.  I don't need to justify who or what I voted for with anyone, and that's what any political discussion turns into most of the time.  Thus, an ideal trip to the polls has me in and out quickly, and zero people see or need to know that I was even there.
I know another fat Nick who likes to sneak in and out without anybody noticing he was there.

I actually saw a grown man, dressed in business casual fashion, wearing his sticker in the middle of his forehead. 

Users who are viewing this thread