What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020: The Race For the White House - The Good Place (9 Viewers)

Keep trying.  What are you so scared of?  Someone who can actually form a sentence and speak like an adult? :lol:
Not afraid of anything other than someone coming along and ruining this era of prosperity, peace and pride ignited by our current President. 
The really sad thing is that you can't even credit the Republican president who DID ignite the current era of prosperity, peace, and pride (George W. Bush).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not afraid of anything other than someone coming along and ruining this era of prosperity, peace and pride ignited by our current President. 
You might want to check a graph of the economy over the last 9 years.  Pretty much a steady line upward. Trump hasn't made a bit of difference to the trajectory.

The “would you like some fries with that burger” job market Trump inherited?   Trump is hitting on all cylinders.  Look at the manufacturing jobs.  
To claim he inherited anything but positive trends economically and foreign policy wise (like how ISIS was already dwindling ) would ignoring all fact and rational thought. But carry on

The really sad thing is that you can't even credit the Republican president who DID ignite the current era of prosperity, peace, and pride (George W. Bush).
Trump finished off the ISIS problem 
The current era of prosperity was ignited by the stimulus packages which were first signed by Bush.

The current era of peace was ignited by the Iraq and Afghanistan wars which were started by Bush.

The current era of pride arguably dates to 9/11 which was ignited by Bush.

The failure of Trump supporters to recognize any of that (and instead focus on ISIS, which had already been neutered in terms of a threat to U.S. peace for several years now) is yet another sad reminder of the tribalistic cult of personality which will ultimately destroy the Republican party from within.

Bucky86 said:
hoping for a big day-one cash splash. 
This trend is kind of starting to bother me. 

It used to be “how much money did you raise in the quarter?” And that was bothersome enough. Now it’s become “how much money did you raise in your first day?” And if for any reason the number is not record breaking, you must have less enthusiasm than anyone else. The message is that you need to be an instant hit or you’re done. 

And how does one become an instant hit? You pander to the base. You make large promises and throw them lots of red meat. In other words, populism on steroids. This can’t be a good trend for our republic. 

knowledge dropper said:
Trump finished off the ISIS problem 
This is like when the starting running back carries the ball the whole drive down to the one yard line and the backup comes in and finishes it off.   Then you give all the credit to the guy who scored the TD instead of the guy who did most of the work.

This trend is kind of starting to bother me. 

It used to be “how much money did you raise in the quarter?” And that was bothersome enough. Now it’s become “how much money did you raise in your first day?” And if for any reason the number is not record breaking, you must have less enthusiasm than anyone else. The message is that you need to be an instant hit or you’re done. 

And how does one become an instant hit? You pander to the base. You make large promises and throw them lots of red meat. In other words, populism on steroids. This can’t be a good trend for our republic. 
no, but it's how you beat Trump, which is all that matters at this point.

I said it as soon as he announced. Actually before. Sanders cost the Dems the election last time. And he's doing the exact same thing already. 
Agreed.  The Democrats are going to eat their own again and send a wounded candidate in against Trump in 2020. You can see it coming. 

I said it as soon as he announced. Actually before. Sanders cost the Dems the election last time. And he's doing the exact same thing already. Starting to think he's on Trump's payroll. 
Running the most flawed and polished turd they could find had nothing to do with it :lol:

This sort of crap and refusal to look in the mirror as a party is right up there with the GOP.  I told Tim a couple years ago that the Dems were on the same path, as a party, that the GOP was.  You guys seem to be right on schedule...well done.

Running the most flawed and polished turd they could find had nothing to do with it :lol:

This sort of crap and refusal to look in the mirror as a party is right up there with the GOP.  I told Tim a couple years ago that the Dems were on the same path, as a party, that the GOP was.  You guys seem to be right on schedule...well done.
I don't care how many Democrats run and what platform they run on. They can't be running dirty campaigns and smearing each other during the primaries. They're doing Trump's work for him. Eventually, it's going to be one of them vs. Trump in the general election. Sanders and his team did everything they could to discredit Hillary last year. Was she a flawed candidate? Of course. But according to Sanders' new hit man, so are all the other Democrats running this time around, too. 

It's like they're forming a circular firing squad.  And it's no surprise that It's Sanders leading the way again. He is an absolute disaster for the Democratic party. And apparently, his supporters weren't bright enough to figure it out after 2016. So here we go again.

I don't care how many Democrats run and what platform they run on. They can't be running dirty campaigns and smearing each other during the primaries. They're doing Trump's work for him. Eventually, it's going to be one of them vs. Trump in the general election. Sanders and his team did everything they could to discredit Hillary last year. Was she a flawed candidate? Of course. But according to Sanders' new hit man, so are all the other Democrats running this time around, too. 

It's like they're forming a circular firing squad.  And it's no surprise that It's Sanders leading the way again. He is an absolute disaster for the Democratic party. And apparently, his supporters weren't bright enough to figure it out after 2016. So here we go again.
Did you even follow politics prior to 2016? Nothing happened in the 2016 race that hasn’t happened in virtually every other race.  You say they can’t smear each other but that’s exactly what you and others are doing with Sanders and his supporters.  

So are these 4 emerging as the front-runners?
My gut is not as big as Trump's, but I think this is developing into a two-horse race - Harris and O'Rourke.

I think Biden and Bernie will fall as the campaign drags on.  Nothing specific, just a sense that the promise of "something new"  will outweigh the "known quantity."

I don't know if anyone else can really get in the race - I thought Klobuchar would be one to watch, and she may still be, but she has not caught fire yet.  Booker is another who could be a factor before this is decided.  I don't think Yang or Buttigieg will win enough support to be a factor in the presidential nominee.

Some candidates like Gabbard and Gillibrand should abandon their efforts - I don't think they are adding to the conversation, and they are just wasting money at this stage.

My gut is not as big as Trump's, but I think this is developing into a two-horse race - Harris and O'Rourke.

I think Biden and Bernie will fall as the campaign drags on.  Nothing specific, just a sense that the promise of "something new"  will outweigh the "known quantity."

I don't know if anyone else can really get in the race - I thought Klobuchar would be one to watch, and she may still be, but she has not caught fire yet.  Booker is another who could be a factor before this is decided.  I don't think Yang or Buttigieg will win enough support to be a factor in the presidential nominee.

Some candidates like Gabbard and Gillibrand should abandon their efforts - I don't think they are adding to the conversation, and they are just wasting money at this stage.
I really like Buttigieg, but I agree. He won't get enough support with this field.

Senator Mike Gravel @MikeGravel

It's simply not enough to go back to "the pre-Trump normal." Because the pre-Trump normal meant drone strikes, forever, massacres, and mass surveillance. Pre-Trump gave us Trump. The way to escape the hell of Trump is by finding something better, not just returning to the old.

I really like Buttigieg, but I agree. He won't get enough support with this field.
I’ve been preaching him to everyone I know - not that he has to be the guy, but that people should take a good look at him.  But even among my most politically aware friends, most hadn’t even heard of him.   :(  

Did you even follow politics prior to 2016? Nothing happened in the 2016 race that hasn’t happened in virtually every other race.  You say they can’t smear each other but that’s exactly what you and others are doing with Sanders and his supporters.  
I had no problem with Bernie or his supporters in 2016, though he wasn’t my choice. I had a big problem with some of his supporters after the nomination was over, for reasons that have been discussed many times in this sub forum. 

Will I have a problem with them again? Depends. Bernie is not going to be the nominee because he doesn’t have enough black support, among other reasons. So when he loses, are his core supporters going to whine that they were cheated again? If so, I guess the answer will be yes. 

I’ve been preaching him to everyone I know - not that he has to be the guy, but that people should take a good look at him.  But even among my most politically aware friends, most hadn’t even heard of him.   :(  
Extremely impressive on Morning Joe this morning. Almost the perfect Anti Trump in my mind. He got my attention for sure. I'm Leaning Kamala but Mayor Pete is closing on the outside. If he doesn't get the nod he would be a very sexy VP pick. 

Kind of like Beto but not such a spaz.  

What's the point of the primary if they can't criticize each other?

I had no problem with Bernie or his supporters in 2016, though he wasn’t my choice. I had a big problem with some of his supporters after the nomination was over, for reasons that have been discussed many times in this sub forum. 

Will I have a problem with them again? Depends. Bernie is not going to be the nominee because he doesn’t have enough black support, among other reasons. So when he loses, are his core supporters going to whine that they were cheated again? If so, I guess the answer will be yes. 
He made a splash in 2016 because he offered a different approach than Hillary.  Farther left.  He had some different ideas.  He finished second, but he also finished second to last.  There were only three options.  There will be 15 or so this time and he is no longer the only far left candidate. You can tell by who he has hired that he plans to attack his opponents. I guess that's just who he is. I'd guess he's out fairly early. But regardless of when it happens, hopefully he and his supporters handle it a lot better than they did last time. I would think he'd like Trump out of office. That's what he says anyway.

there is no way Beto can be considered is there? 

with his killing kids story, vulgar wacko hacking poetry and ties, total weirdness ............ people can't look past what Trump said years ago, it'll be impossible to look past Beto's skeleton's right ?

with his killing kids story, vulgar wacko hacking poetry and ties, total weirdness ............ people can't look past what Trump said years ago, it'll be impossible to look past Beto's skeleton's right ?
Trump has been sued for racism, paid a doctor to lie and say he had bone spurs to get out of serving in the military, cheated on all three of his wives, calls African countries 's-holes', mocks crippled people.

Beto wrote a fiction story when he was 15.  Hmmm, I really hope he can handle such a scandal. :popcorn:

Beto is another Obama. His actual record doesn't match his rhetoric. Oh and why won't he release his fund raising data? I'll give you two guesses first doesn't count.

I'm still Bernie all the way. There is exactly one person in this race you can count on being real about his policies. The guy who has been pushing them for 40 years not since polling told him to pay lip service. 

Oh and as to Bernie and African Americans . He wins the young AA vote. It's the old folks who keep voting for the people that have screwed their community time and again he has trouble with. So let's be clear on that.

you just can't be a real person

I said it as soon as he announced. Actually before. Sanders cost the Dems the election last time. And he's doing the exact same thing already. Starting to think he's on Trump's payroll. 
To out it bluntly bull####. Hillary cost Hillary the election. That's whose to blame full stop. She thought people owed her and she campaigned like it. Even her slogan "I'm with her" how about her being with us instead? How about not saying screw blue collar Democrats we'll win suburban Republicans? Hiw did that work out? Oh yeah the blue collar Democrats said screw her then and the Republicans voted Republican.

Oh and as to Bernie and African Americans . He wins the young AA vote. It's the old folks who keep voting for the people that have screwed their community time and again he has trouble with. So let's be clear on that.
He won't win the young AA vote when they now have much younger options with the same policies.  That's the problem he's going to face this time around.  The crazy old guy with balloon-static hair and fresh ideas is now just the crazy old guy with balloon-static hair. There are many options who are left of center.

Users who are viewing this thread