What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Taysom Hill, NO (3 Viewers)

I see bloom has placed T Hill at QB #12 for the week - Wow! Doods and Tremblay yet to reset.

I dropped C Newton for T Hill this week in one league. I have J Allen on a bye. Swinging for the fenches lol.

Thinking about T Hill over Watson this week in another league? Hmmmm... also have J Allen on a bye.

Sounds like Jameis is not part of the plan this week??? Unless injury?

Semi-related topic: back in the very early 2000s, the Diamondbacks had a game cut short after two innings, and had to be started up again the next day. Randy Johnson was scheduled to pitch on that day, so they just used him from inning 3 until the end of the game. He was technically a relief pitcher that day, and I wound up getting a crazy amount of points from him (16 strikeouts), basically skewing my relief pitcher metrics for the rest of the season.

Next comes those "experts" who will do the rankings and projections. Bloom has Taysom Hill with around 22 points this week so far. Talking passing a TD, rushing a TD, throwing 150 yards, rushing 50 + yards. It all adds up. That's low end QB #1 numbers already. Any other Shark projections for T Hill this week?

Over or under 20?

Next comes those "experts" who will do the rankings and projections. Bloom has Taysom Hill with around 22 points this week so far. Talking passing a TD, rushing a TD, throwing 150 yards, rushing 50 + yards. It all adds up. That's low end QB #1 numbers already. Any other Shark projections for T Hill this week?

Over or under 20?
My shark prediction is that as long as he scores more fantasy points than either Hurst or Ebron, I will be a happy camper.

Seriously, I can easily see your (Bloom's) prediction coming true, perhaps with a deduction for a pick or two.

There have been a few multi-positional players in fantasy.  Wasn't Jaylen Samuels listed as a TE on Yahoo but really played RB?  If I recall they added his RB eligibility during the season but never removed his TE designation.  Might have been a different player but that was definitely the positional combo.

I can think of some others (can't remember their names) in the past years that were listed as both RB and WR.

Anyhow, I dropped my kicker to pick up Taysom once I saw this, since not sure who I really want to drop.  If Adams is out that gives me a free roster spot, but I have a feeling he'll be listed as Super Duper Doubtful instead of Out until game time.  Saints play at 1 and Packers at 4 so I won't know for sure when the Saints start up.

Historically, a few other big ones I can think of:

Marques Colston was listed as a TE for a long time his rookie season.

Joe Webb started a few games where he was RB/WR eligible.

I know there have been a number RB/WR flips as well but don’t necessarily recall them off the top of my head.

If you're playing where he's classified as a TE, that mitigates a lot of the risk in starting him. Where he's considered a QB, there's a huge risk to starting him. Outcomes range from "he doesn't take a typical volume of QB snaps or anywhere close to it" to "he sucks and is pulled".

If you're playing where he's classified as a TE, that mitigates a lot of the risk in starting him. Where he's considered a QB, there's a huge risk to starting him. Outcomes range from "he doesn't take a typical volume of QB snaps or anywhere close to it" to "he sucks and is pulled".
Well, this is being reported, looks like Payton is all in:

According to ESPN's Dianna Russini, Jameis Winston "will not be part of any offensive packages" Week 11 against the Falcons.

Despite replacing Drew Brees following his injury last week, Winston is getting sent to the bench in favor of Taysom Hill against Atlanta. It will be Hill under center, apparently for every snap, despite completing just 11 career passes and showing next to nothing as a thrower of the football at the NFL level. Coach Sean Payton is committed to the bit, however, and is ready to see this thing through. Thanks to his rushing ability, Hill immediately becomes an intriguing fantasy streamer. You don't have to actually be good at football to be good in fantasy. Winston might get a chance in Week 12 if Hill totally bombs his audition.

HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD, ROLL THE DICE BABY

Last edited by a moderator:
 Early on in my career, one of my mentors defined fairness in a way that I still do to this day, 25 years later. In order to be fair, something has to meet two criteria.

1) the rules are spelled out before the game starts. 

2) everyone plays by the same rules. 

Say what you want about his eligibility, but you cannot call it unfair.

Last week I dreamed a large awkward white man was stealing touchdowns from a large container Alvin Kamara was holding while Drew Brees was crying in the background. 

I thought it meant I just needed to get out of the house more and stop obsessing over fantasy.

But it all makes sense now...

Over or under 20?

Dodds just bumped T Hill to a top 6 QB this week.
Dodds has him at 7 I believe

Early on in my career, one of my mentors defined fairness in a way that I still do to this day, 25 years later. In order to be fair, something has to meet two criteria.

1) the rules are spelled out before the game starts. 

2) everyone plays by the same rules. 

Say what you want about his eligibility, but you cannot call it unfair.
If it’s a big money league or a league with strangers, I think this is absolutely right. If it’s a longtime league with friends or a league with co-workers, maybe taking advantage isn’t the best play unless everyone is good with it.

I got a bit of blowback in my league (20+ years with basically same guys), and decided that it’s not really in the spirit of that league and that I’d rather be the guy that didn’t take advantage than the guy that angered some friends over fantasy football.

I picked up Hill in both of my dynasty leagues with expanded rosters due to COVID, thinking this was more for next year. If Adams is out this week, I think Hill over Rodgers. Also will play him over Rodgers or Wentz in a superflex.

If it’s a big money league or a league with strangers, I think this is absolutely right. If it’s a longtime league with friends or a league with co-workers, maybe taking advantage isn’t the best play unless everyone is good with it.

I got a bit of blowback in my league (20+ years with basically same guys), and decided that it’s not really in the spirit of that league and that I’d rather be the guy that didn’t take advantage than the guy that angered some friends over fantasy football.
I added him in one Fleaflicker league. Will not use him at WR. I've been over this many times in the SP why I won't do that. I'd rather have a cleaner conscience than a win or some points. You'll feel better for not doing it.  

Historically, a few other big ones I can think of:

Marques Colston was listed as a TE for a long time his rookie season.

Joe Webb started a few games where he was RB/WR eligible.

I know there have been a number RB/WR flips as well but don’t necessarily recall them off the top of my head.
Eric Metcalf's first year in Atlanta he caught 104 passes while listed as a RB in our PPR league. 

Also, kinda hard to really know which other Saints benefit, and who doesn't. I'd say Kamara is fine, yet Murray takes a hit some with RB. WR's and TE's, well probably they all take a lil hit and then they become TD dependent. Just a first go at this - my 2 cents to begin. T Hill benefits the most.

EDIT: J Winston takes the biggest hit. Many speculating and dropping players that they might like back now.

Which WR benefits the most here? Does Thomas finally show up? Or is this Lamar Jackson lite, where stacking isn't necessary. 
I just started T Hill in DraftKings and could not think of any real stacks I prefer, so yes, he's stand alone like Lamar in my early perception. T Hill benefits the most.

I added him in one Fleaflicker league. Will not use him at WR. I've been over this many times in the SP why I won't do that. I'd rather have a cleaner conscience than a win or some points. You'll feel better for not doing it.  
He's been one of my QBs on Fleaflicker in some 3 QB Leagues where I lost most of my starters (Dak, Minshew, etc). Surprisingly, he hasn't outright lost me any games.

Anybody want to take a swag on what percent chance he is the starter the rest of this season?

I think for that to happen he must turn into Lamar Jackson lite with his running ability.  

I’ll take the opening guess and put it at 20% chance. 

just because he has been "announced as the starter" doesn't necessarily mean thats how things will play out.....Winston could very easily lead the team in QB snaps this week by a wide margin.....I think it's risky to start him at QB or TE or Flex...Payton could be playing games with the whole "announced as the starter"  thing....

just because he has been "announced as the starter" doesn't necessarily mean thats how things will play out.....Winston could very easily lead the team in QB snaps this week by a wide margin.....I think it's risky to start him at QB or TE or Flex...Payton could be playing games with the whole "announced as the starter"  thing....
this, but I've picked Hill up just in case

My team has been hit hard by the injury bug: Barkley, Dak, Carson, even Jones.......I kind of need a swing for the fences kind of play this week

But it also pretty much guarantees you can't start Winston in a superflex, either.  

Will be interesting to watch a QB with 18 career pass attempts vs a pass defense ranked almost dead last.  Stoppable force vs movable object?

I agree, I don't understand how some sites can be so behind with the times.  CBS hasn't had him as a TE all year.
what should his designation have been.....?....he hasn't really been used like a "starting QB".... in fact he hasn't been used like even a "backup QB" as Winston came in last week when Brees went out....he designation was actually appropriate.....you could argue ESPN actually "had it right" compared to other sites......

what should his designation have been.....?....he hasn't really been used like a "starting QB".... in fact he hasn't been used like even a "backup QB" as Winston came in last week when Brees went out....he designation was actually appropriate.....you could argue ESPN actually "had it right" compared to other sites......
He's been used more as a RB than a TE

I'd love to see a special Update to the Roundtable Week 11 - there was a lot of discussion about how the Saints would look with Winston at QB but nobody discussed what things would look like with Hill at the helm.

Can we make this happen, @Joe Bryant ?

Last week I dreamed a large awkward white man was stealing touchdowns from a large container Alvin Kamara was holding while Drew Brees was crying in the background. 

I thought it meant I just needed to get out of the house more and stop obsessing over fantasy.

But it all makes sense now...
In fairness the two things aren't mutually exclusive. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread