What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Taysom Hill, NO (2 Viewers)

Taysom Hill completed 2-of-2 passes for 33 yards in the Saints' Week 9 loss to the Falcons, adding one carry for four additional yards. 

Hill was not targeted in the passing game. Even considering that Hill was returning from a lengthy absence with a concussion, it was surprisingly modest usage in the Saints' first game sans Jameis Winston. Hill's completions came back to back in the fourth quarter. Rather than sticking with Hill over an unimpressive Trevor Siemian, coach Sean Payton promptly sent Hill back to the sideline, saying that brief feature role was merely a pre-planned package. We would expect Hill's usage to increase as he becomes further removed from his head injury, but there was nothing today to suggest he will be a viable superflex play for Week 10 vs. the Titans.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Nope, no updates yet.
I have 5 QB's in SF, only Wentz is a for sure option with one on bye this week and 3 in question.

Taysom- please name him the starter, may not happen this week

Rogers- covid

Tua- Thursday, injured and may not play but I may need to if he is starting with other 2 in question

I don't understand why all of a sudden Payton doesn't want his pet project to be the QB. Siemian is smart and can get the ball where it needs to go short/intermediate but with no juice. First two throws Hill made he drove it downfield and Siemian can't do that.

I don't understand why all of a sudden Payton doesn't want his pet project to be the QB. Siemian is smart and can get the ball where it needs to go short/intermediate but with no juice. First two throws Hill made he drove it downfield and Siemian can't do that.
Hill is not the guy you want to chuck it down field at all.  During his time starting last year he left far too many ducks twisting in the wind that ended up falling behind the wrs routes to the point where sometimes the ball would end up in the no man's land between the shallow and deep wrs with nobody around for ten yards on all sides.

That said he probably gives the team a much better chance to win than Siemian simply because he offers more than the ability to hit Kamara and Ingram around the line of scrimmage.

May go after Hill this week.

Getting a little sick watching my L. Jackson throw picks constantly. Maybe keep in my back pocket come playoff time if the trend continues and that offense doesn't improve.

Considering Hill over Mahomes, crazy as it would sound at the start of this season. Chiefs are just not good right now. Scared of Hill's situation though, I wish we got to see more of him before I trot him out.

Taysom Hill (foot) was a full participant in practice Monday.

Hill has been listed with the foot issue for multiple weeks but is on track to log back-to-back weeks of full practices. He hasn't logged a snap over the past two weeks despite being active, likely only as an emergency option at quarterback. Now healthy, he took all of the first-team reps in practice on Monday. Hill will get the start over Trevor Siemian in Week 13 and should return low-end QB1 value based on his ample rushing production.

Nov 29, 2021, 4:51 PM ET

Looking to pick him up and likely will start over Russell Wilson next week. Can’t believe I actually just typed that. 

TAYSOM HILL QB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

When asked about Thursday's starting quarterback, Saints coach Sean Payton responded, "We'll see."

Payton also suggested that any decision depends on the status of Taysom Hill's foot, which has limited him to a break-glass-in-case-of-emergency role in back-to-back games. Averaging 28.5 passes and 9.8 scrambles in four starts last year, Hill is the obvious choice over Trevor Siemian (6.2 YPA) if the former is cleared. Hill is arguably a low-end QB1 with rushing upside the rest of the year if given the nod.

SOURCE: Nick Underhill on Twitter

Nov 30, 2021, 3:53 PM ET

Taysom Hill (foot) was not given an injury designation for Week 13 against the Cowboys. 

Coach Sean Payton said, "We'll see," when asked about Hill starting earlier in the week, but it looks all but certain after the quarterback practiced in full all week and was left off the final injury report. Hill might not do a lot for the Saints' pass catchers, but he should do enough on the ground to be a low-end QB1 as long as he has the starting job. 

Dec 1, 2021, 4:07 PM ET

Taysom Hill will start Week 13 against the Cowboys.

Hill has been battling a bit of a foot issue and has played just 38 offensive snaps since his Week 5 concussion. With Trevor Siemian not getting the job done and the Saints fading in the playoff picture, coach Sean Payton decided it's the right time to get Hill under center. Hill will immediately become a streaming option for fantasy players. He brings huge upside as a runner. Hill's insertion isn't great news for New Orleans' pass-catchers, but Siemian wasn't really either. Look for the Saints to run the ball as much as possible with Hill, Mark Ingram, and possibly Alvin Kamara if active.

SOURCE: Mike Triplett on Twitter

Dec 1, 2021, 5:14 PM ET

Never carry 2 qb’s during the year but was happy to snag him off the wire as backup insurance for the playoffs.  Curious to see how he does…fingers crossed…

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting him this week over Stafford.  Wish me luck.
Good luck. Considering T Hill getting the nod over J Hurts. Definitely next week when Hurts is on a bye. May start Hill this week depending upon recent news on him trending up and deciphering the risk of Hurts with his injury status and Minshew talk. 

Starting him with Rodgers on a bye. Hoping for a couple rushing Tds. Maybe 80 yards rushing 150 passing and if lucky a passing TD. 

Boy, most signs point to a more than risky call to start him, especially without Kamara. Gotta watch that news if Kamara is in or out / game time decision. A couple offensive tackles out. T Hill cannot just do it all on his own. Now, he may very well get 15 rushes or even a tad more. He'd make a great RB 1 play. 16-20 points is probably about right, unless he scores all their TD's. I really would like to start him over Hurts. 

I feel like fantasy gods are messing with me this year as a Kyler Murray owner who grabbed Hill as a FA when he came off IR (in a short bench league). First the Saints sat him in favor of Siemian during weeks of Murray uncertainty. Then when Hill is named starter, its TNF with better than average chance Murray is going to start. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also deciding between Hill and Hurts.  With the Saints offense crippled still with no Kamara or two starting OT's, I think I am going to risk sticking with Hurts.  I really only picked up Hill to cover the Bye next week, and if Hurts didn't hurt is ankle I would absolutely stick with Hurts this week.  So that is really the only question in my mind.

I'm also deciding between

Hill

and

Hurts

.  With the Saints offense crippled still with no

Kamara

or two starting OT's, I think I am going to risk sticking with

Hurts

.  I really only picked up

Hill

to cover the Bye next week, and if

Hurts

didn't hurt is ankle I would absolutely stick with

Hurts

this week.  So that is really the only question in my mind.

I'd go with Hurts.  Hill is coming off a foot injury of his own (and concussion too?).  No Kamara, no Thomas, no OT's and we have no idea how he's going to play.  Yeah, he's got rushing upside, but don't you think DAL knows that he's got no help?  They'll probably put 8 in the box and force him to pass.

I think we need to wait and see how Hill performs before we can trust him in the lineups.  I have him on my roster too but that was simply for the wait and see approach.  Not playing him (I got Burrow instead).

Starting him over Russ, but with today's news that Kamara and two OL are out, definitely not feeling good about it.
Since the guy I'm going against has Kamara, I figure I'll roll the dice. Only other choice I have would be like Heinicke or Lawrence. 

Since the guy I'm going against has Kamara, I figure I'll roll the dice. Only other choice I have would be like Heinicke or Lawrence. 
Heinicke isn't a terrible option. I'd say it's close between him and Hill, with Taysom obviously having a lot more variance.

I'm also deciding between Hill and Hurts.  With the Saints offense crippled still with no Kamara or two starting OT's, I think I am going to risk sticking with Hurts.  I really only picked up Hill to cover the Bye next week, and if Hurts didn't hurt is ankle I would absolutely stick with Hurts this week.  So that is really the only question in my mind.
I could have posted this myself because I had almost identical situation and thought process. Had every intention of going with Taysom until I saw who was not playing for the Saints.

Plus while Taysom did well for fantasy last year he actually had a good connection with Michael Thomas who accounted for 41% of his passing game production. Other then the Denver game when they had no QB and the Saints just went super conservative he threw for between 232-291 the other 3 starts so he was not just some Tebow like guy whose value was almost strictly as a runner and his last two starts his passing game production dwarfed his rushing production for fantasy purposes.

Good luck. Considering T Hill getting the nod over J Hurts. Definitely next week when Hurts is on a bye. May start Hill this week depending upon recent news on him trending up and deciphering the risk of Hurts with his injury status and Minshew talk. 
have the same plans as you.

have the same plans as you.
And we must take into consideration the health of Hurts and what coaching and management will do. There is risk that Minshew could see playing time? Tough call. If we pass on T Hill tonight we risk Hurts or picking up someone else like Heinicke, Taylor, Teddy, or Ryan. 

I'm leaning Hurts because of no Kamara to check down to. Hill is like an island on his own. 

Why exactly are you starting him over Stafford? 
Defenses are keying off on the Rams o, and I'm tired of losing a tds worth of points in turn overs.  Meanwhile there's a good chance of getting a rushing td, which is already worth more than passing, with Hill.

Defenses are keying off on the Rams o, and I'm tired of losing a tds worth of points in turn overs.  Meanwhile there's a good chance of getting a rushing td, which is already worth more than passing, with Hill.
You think the JAX D will do the same thing?  I think you're overthinking it way too much.  

You think the JAX D will do the same thing?  I think you're overthinking it way too much.  
I probably am, but the Jax d has been middling not terrible.   Their offense is terrible.

Honestly I just really want Hill to be a thing and have some leway in this league to muck around with.

Users who are viewing this thread