Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Taysom Hill - NO Saints - QB (but also other things...)

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to be a lot of negative sentiment towards Hill on twitter and in the media, like most people are eager for him to fail for some reason (I guess to validate their preconceived notion of him as no

Payton's actions have seemed to consistently contradict this over the past year: signing Bridgewater and playing him ahead of Hill went Brees went down last year - and then signing Winston this offsea

not too quickly...

3 minutes ago, phowler13 said:

I’ve been back and forth between him and Burrow. Was hoping to hear some kind of news this morning to push me one way or another. 

As someone who's watched every WFT snap this year, while I do think our defense will sack Burrow MULTIPLE times, our secondary has also given up several big players/long TDs. I would expect Burrow to have at least 2 long TDs today. 

He has looked decent throwing the ball to me. A few good long throws. And a couple of his incompletions were drops.

just had a 57 yd td To sanders called back for holding; a slight under throw rather than hitting the wr in stride but not bad for a long ball and made it over the coverage.

edit: he’s not prime Brees accurate but the Tebow comparisons seem unfounded

Edited by EthnicFury
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s obvious he’s got an extra kick on his throws. A few drops today that looked like players not expecting the ball to be thrown that hard, Michael Thomas and Kamara. He looked good and could have had a much better game.... I’ll stick with josh allen next week but am holding Hill 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, beef said:

Taysom killed Kamara's dump off stats.

This won't be a permanent thing.

From the game thread:

Keep in mind, that was Taysom Hill’s very first NFL start. Today should not represent Taysom’s ceiling ... though I’ll be interested to see how Sean Payton adjusts the offense to counter what defenses do once they start breaking down Hill’s film.

Part of Payton's adjustments will be to reincorporate Kamara -- opposing defenses can't sell out against Kamara as hard as they are used to.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, az_prof said:

As long as he can run some TDs he is going to be good in fantasy. I am still not sold on him as a long term NFL QB though.  He has a strong arm but he tends to throw to his first target and doesn't go far into his progressions.  

Agreed I’m not sold yet and teams may well figure him out with more film. No idea if he’s the answer but it did answer some of my questions about him and I think it’s a significant “stock up” moment 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Maybe he started over Jameis because he's better (despite what twitter and the talking heads said all week). Crazy thought hey.

I didn’t see the game but I feel like he has a similar, yet lesser, skill set as Lamar Jackson.  Not as dynamic as a runner but I haven’t seen Taysom throw enough to compare passing ability vs. Lamar. 

7 hours ago, trader jake said:

One thing to remember...Atlanta defense.  Just sayin'.  Hill looked solid today, but don't get too excited just yet.

To be fair, the schedule doesn't really have any bad matchups on it, including a rematch with these same Falcons in 2 weeks.

10 hours ago, RushHour said:

Maybe he started over Jameis because he's better (despite what twitter and the talking heads said all week). Crazy thought hey.

I’ll have to admit he looked much better than I anticipated. I’m glad I added him in two dynasty leagues despite thinking he would fail.

4 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

If Hill continues to look good, Brees might not appear in uniform until the playoffs. Like with Griese in the 1972 perfect season when he broke his leg early in the year and Earl Morrall guided the team to perfection until the playoffs. 

Or when Gannon went 5-1 after taking over for an injured Grbac (who started the first nine games) earning the #1 seed. Grbac came back for the meaningless last game of regular season. Grbac then started the playoff game...

I didn’t see the game, but his stats looked decent for fantasy purposes.

I don’t like the matchups for either of my QB this week and Hill is available on waivers.

Is Hill vs Broncos a better play than Lamar vs Steelers or Tannehill vs Colts?

42 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

Is Hill vs Broncos a better play than Lamar vs Steelers or Tannehill vs Colts?

Might be league-dependent ... but in my CBS leagues, the Colts and Steelers are the #2 and #3 defenses in limiting opposing QBs' fantasy points. The Broncos, who Hill will be facing, is 14th.

For our league, CBS has Taysom Hill projected as the 11th-best QB, with Jackson at 15 and Tannehill at 18.