What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE pickups for ROS (1 Viewer)

Tool

Footballguy
So I'm sure I'm not the only one getting killed at the TE position this year and wondering about people's thoughts on best guy to pick up for the stretch run. Obviously everyone's league is going to be different but with that said here's who available in a couple of mine.

Rams TEs, both Everett and Higbee: Both guys are decent options and are seeing more targets with Kupp out, but seems like with two guys could see a lot of inconsistency

Brate: with Howard on IR this could be appealing in a pretty high scoring offense

MacDonald: Got most of targets last week and a TD, but low yardage, pretty good schedule down the stretch

Seals-Jones and Heureman: thought about picking up one of these guys last week but both had pretty terrible games.

Thoughts/ Others?

Snagged Brate in one league, trying to figure out which Rams TE I wanna gamble on in the other.

ETA: Jonnu Smith is another possibility. Dunno how many targets he got with Mariota out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Njoku seems to have a favorable schedule. Question is will he be utilized. I am going to see how I do platooning him and McDonald rest of the way.

I have the same situation in a .5 PPR league. Starting Mayfield so leaning Vance in case the Browns flop. Still torn though.  
Leaning Vance as I have Chubb. Was going to plug in Njoku too but good point. Browns not a team with whom you should have too many eggs in one basket.

Picked up Everett in a few leagues. Maybe this guy will be passable for the next few weeks with a big game mixed in. 

well tried to get Brate last week but wasn't able to so still in same boat.  Lacosse, Herndon Rudolph and J Smith are other guys floating on the wire. Any thoughts on any of these guys ROS?

Picked up Engram last week as Bloom him rated high off the wire. Didn’t even play.

Not blaming Bloom, just basking in the glory of what is the sinkhole of my tight end position this year.

Graham was dropped in one league. Currently have him and Burton and not a clue what to do.

Dropped Reed and went with Howard a while back. Lost Howard and was beaten to punch for Brate. 

So now I’m back to where I started, picking up Reed last week. He’s getting more looks by McCoy

Dropped Burton for Everett to go with Hooper.  Burton was quickly snatched up.  Hope I don't regret that decision but Burton seemed as unreliable as every other streamer out there.

Hoping to grab Uzomah after someone dropped him last night, in my case the owner had Kelce on bye so you might wanna check.

Got a whopping 13 targets on Sunday, I think I heard 9 from Driskell who will be QB the rest of the way.

Hoping to grab Uzomah after someone dropped him last night, in my case the owner had Kelce on bye so you might wanna check.

Got a whopping 13 targets on Sunday, I think I heard 9 from Driskell who will be QB the rest of the way.
I may drop Burton for him. I'm not digging Burtons schedule ROS, plus seems too many mouths to feed in Chicago. 

Picked up Engram last week as Bloom him rated high off the wire. Didn’t even play.

Not blaming Bloom, just basking in the glory of what is the sinkhole of my tight end position this year.

Graham was dropped in one league. Currently have him and Burton and not a clue what to do.
I feel you big time.  for some reason I haven't had patience w/ TE this year.  i pick one-he gets 3 pts.  I drop him, then he gets 12 pts.  Long story short for me this year-I have been starting B. Watson for the last 5 weeks.

[throwing up]

#1 seed in our league gifted me Kyle Rudolph for my last $5 of FABB. He’s decided he needed Justin Jackson as his RB5 for the stretch run. ETA: His TE1 (only TE) is Jake Reed

😂

I have Olsen (just dropped Doyle.)

Lost Howard. Picked up both Rams TEs
Also lost Howard....  left with Hooper; Brate already rostered.....  

Making a low Blind bid for Everett but also have options on Vannet and Bal TE Andrews as backup bids

I figure rookie H Hurst will be back to make Andrews less relevant, but 

owner dropped Burton today and I thought about dropping Njoku (TE2 on my roster) in case Gronk gets hurt but decided against it.

#1 seed in our league gifted me Kyle Rudolph for my last $5 of FABB. He’s decided he needed Justin Jackson as his RB5 for the stretch run. ETA: His TE1 (only TE) is Jake Reed

😂

I have Olsen (just dropped Doyle.)
FWIW, I love Rudolph. He's an incredible football player and skilled in all phases of the game -- receiving, blocking, route running, tough with soft hands, etc. He has incredible utilization as well in terms of snap count.

But he's been a horrible fantasy TE. Two TDs all year, cracking over 5 receptions just twice and >60 yards just twice.

The very thing that makes Rudolph such a huge asset to an NFL team -- he's completely reliable, great blocking, really fantastic vision and football IQ, etc. -- makes him a fantasy liability this year as the team leverages his ability to open up the run and pass lanes and opportunity for other players. With Theilen's year and Diggs and Cook coming on strong, he's less of a RZ target as he was in years' past as well.

He could finish with some productive games because he is so talented, but I am very wary that the clear trend this season of 2-5 catches for under 50 yards persists. Would rather get an upside guy with similar snap count utilization who have a great shot of more utilization in the pass game and more reliable RZ targets -- Njoku and Brate are good examples.

Yeah Rudolph’s usage this year has been a huge disappointment. But he was pretty involved last week. Any chance that’s a trend?

Ive lost howard and heuerman.  Trying to decide between Lindsey, conner, and a a jones to offer for kelce in ppr.  He also has mcdonald.

Tool said:
Yeah Rudolph’s usage this year has been a huge disappointment. But he was pretty involved last week. Any chance that’s a trend?
Hope so ... after losing Doyle last week I'm riding him through the playoffs.

Tool said:
I think at this point, it's more of the outlier with the trend being using his tools to help open up the lanes for other receivers. This was the first time he broke 10 points since Week 2, with a clear steady decline in usage and FP production leading into week 12. The more the Vikings won, the less they used Rudolph in the passing game as oppsoed to using his on-field presence to block.

Again, it's possible that this perfomance may remind Zimmer what he has in Rudolph as a pass catcher, as he's been really productive in the past, especially in the RZ.

But to me, it's been clear all year that putting the passing game in the hands of Thielen and Diggs is the way this offense hums. 

Give me a guy with similar or greater production for a higher average floor, and a much better chance at a TD, which is the bread and butter for TEs.

Lost Doyle.  Picked up Everett.  Higbee is the superior blocking TE with high snap count usage.  I feel like I now have Ebron 2.0 (light version) where Everett has lower snap rate but he gets utilized in the red zone.

Both Herndon and Rudolph are available. 

Who would you all rather have and why? 

Rudolph has a good match up this week and overall is on a better team in playoff contention. 

Herndon is going against TEN this week which appears to cover TE really well but whereas Rudolph has to contend for some love with Theilen and Diggs, Herndon doesn't have that challenge.

What about Graham? Is he worth rostering? Is he any better or worse than the names mentioned above?

Dan Arnold is worth a mention.

Arnold makes a great stash in dynasty leagues, but his PT might ramp up quickly if he keeps producing. If it does, his redraft value could soar.

Ellison worth anything now with Engram on IR? He should stay on the field a lot with Chicago coming to town...

Users who are viewing this thread