What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DK Metcalf, SEA (1 Viewer)

Explain why Metcalf isn't another Stephen Hill?
Work ethic. He seems to care about getting better and he is around a solid infrastructure of leaders to nurture that IMO. Whether he lives up to anything nobody knows, but from all indications he seems to want to be great.

How do I know Hill didn’t work?....I don’t. But he did blame the media for being too hard on his drops. I like guys who own their mistakes and work on getting better.

Just camp fluff....

METCALF KEEPS WOWIN: Rookie second-round pick DK Metcalf picked up where he left off from spring rookie minicamp, OTAs and last month’s minicamp. 

That is, he was wowing everyone.

On one of the first passes Wilson threw in the first 11-on-11 drill, the blazing, hulking wide receiver sprinted from the left side of the field to the right at medium depth. Starting cornerback Tre Flowers was chasing Metcalf, and losing him. By the time Wilson’s rainbow throw reached Metcalf perfectly in stride near the opposite, right-side numbers painted on the field, Metcalf was about 4 steps past Flowers.

Then Metcalf turned left up the sideline and zoomed to the goal line. The crowd roared.

In the next, 7-on-7 passing drill, Wilson saw the 6-foot-4, 229-pound Metcalf using his 4.33-second speed in the 40-yard dash to sprint easily and well past veteran cornerback Jamar Taylor on a simple sideline go route. Wilson’s throw again hit Metcalf in stride, 5 yards past the helpless Taylor for another touchdown.

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article233111585.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
DK Metcalf one of the starting receivers in two-receiver sets

DK METCALFWR, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf were the starting receivers in two-receiver sets at Sunday's training camp practice.

Since being drafted with the No. 64 overall pick, Metcalf has been praised by both Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson for his work during offseason practices. Carroll believes Metcalf can run all routes in the route tree -- not just verts -- and Wilson is impressed with Metcalf's understanding of the Seahawks' offense. Even in this run-first offense, Metcalf has upside at ADP as a deep threat and red zone option who gets the benefit of playing with one of the league's most efficient passers.

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter

Jul 28, 2019, 2:16 PM ET

-----------------------------------------------------

Evan Silva‏Verified account @evansilva

Evan Silva Retweeted Rotoworld Football

Saw previous reports Jaron Brown would open season ahead of Metcalf, but element Metcalf brings is too valuable to keep off field, especially in #Seahawks style of play.

Joe Fann @Joe_Fann

#Seahawks DC Ken Norton Jr. on DK Metcalf:

“Anytime they get in the red zone, you know they’re gonna target that big body. ... He’s been efficient in his catches.”

Joe Fann @Joe_Fann

DK Metcalf strikes again on the ensuing team drill, catching a back shoulder throw from Russell Wilson down the left sideline with Tre Flowers draped all over him. #Seahawks

Joe Fann @Joe_Fann

Wilson just tried another deep ball down the left sideline for DK Metcalf. Metcalf made a gorgeous over-the-shoulder catch as he fell to the ground. Ref ruled he was out of bounds but it was close. I might have thrown the red flag. #Seahawks

I don't know whether to be excited or terrified. 

NFL Beat Writers Retweeted

Joe Fann‏Verified account @Joe_Fann 5h5 hours ago

More

Another day, another DK Metcalf touchdown from Russell Wilson — this one a 6-yard score on a quick out near the left pylon. #Seahawks

DK Metcalf was held out of Saturday's scrimmage with a strained oblique.

He suffered the injury on the final play of Friday's practice. Metcalf was on the field for warmups Saturday and didn't participate in the team's annual intrasquad scrimmage. Pete Carroll isn't sure if Metcalf will be on hand when the team reconvenes for practice Monday, though the Seahawks coach is hoping he'll be back at some point this week. For now, consider the second-round rookie day-to-day.

SOURCE: SeahawksWire

Aug 4, 2019, 12:06 PM ET

Hercules! Hercules!......

DK Metcalf burning both starting CBs today in his return to scrimmaging after two days off (oblique). Sprints past Shaquill Griffin on flag route for another long TD from Russell Wilson. Griffin slaps hands together in frustration #Seahawks

2:30 PM · Aug 6, 2019 from Renton, WA·Twitter for iPhone

DK Metcalf burning both starting CBs today in his return to scrimmaging after two days off (oblique). Sprints past Shaquill Griffin on flag route for another long TD from Russell Wilson. Griffin slaps hands together in frustration #Seahawks

2:30 PM · Aug 6, 2019 from Renton, WA·Twitter for iPhone
:clap: :clap: :clap:

cloppbeast said:
Well I'm covinced. Going to be a tough call between Metcalf and Sanders.
Probably needs based.

But I'm an absolute anti-truther when it comes to Lockett.  I think he's a nice player, but not a #1.  If Metcalf is burning pretty good corners routinely in practice--combine that with Wilson's ability to extend players and allow DK to get open--could be a legit stud in a few years.

DK Metcalf (oblique) will play in Thursday's preseason opener.

It's great news for Metcalf, who has been shut down since Saturday. The Seahawks are likely to limit his reps, but Metcalf will get a chance to make an impression. Metcalf is competing to start opposite Tyler Lockett in two-wide sets.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBCSports

Aug 7, 2019, 7:44 PM ET

Bob Condotta @bcondotta

DK Metcalf has one reception on four targets for 8 yards. Two deep passes were there to be had but one was overthrown and the other just off Metcalf's hands --- seems to be a lot of different interpretations of whether he should have had that second one.

DK Metcalf is far down on the totem pole for targets. If an injury was to occur, maybe....but I'm steering clear. I'd rather pick up a Zay Jones in the late rounds than this guy.

After all that hype, isn't 1 catch on four targets for 8 yards a pretty big let down?
I wish I had actually gotten to see this game, I couldn’t get even a minute of it. Based on play by play though, all 4 of his targets came in the 1st quarter (nice), The one catch was in the very first possession (very nice), and they came from Geno Smith (nice because he was basically the 1st team QB tonight but also not nice because he’s Geno Smith). So quality time on the field but not with a quality QB. At first blush, I’d say the usage looked a little promising but we’ll see what happens when Russ and Lockett are actually part of the equation.

DK Metcalf is far down on the totem pole for targets. If an injury was to occur, maybe....but I'm steering clear. I'd rather pick up a Zay Jones in the late rounds than this guy.
Disagree 100%. The guy is already the best WR on the team and is starting in 2WR sets.

Could see 6-8 targets a game from the onset. Who exactly is he behind besides Lockett?

Disagree 100%. The guy is already the best WR on the team and is starting in 2WR sets.

Could see 6-8 targets a game from the onset. Who exactly is he behind besides Lockett?
No doubt he'll have some games where he gets 4-6 passes and capitalize on a big play here or there....I just see the Seahawks as a run first team with many different options at WR. I think he will have some big games, and maybe if he gets out of the gates hot he'll have the season you're saying, but to start him in fantasy right now is a real crapshoot. Like I said I'd rather pick up a WR like Zay Jones in the later rounds who I know will be getting a bunch more opportunities. But that's just me......I hope you're right by the way, I'd love to see it. Thanks!

No doubt he'll have some games where he gets 4-6 passes and capitalize on a big play here or there....I just see the Seahawks as a run first team with many different options at WR. I think he will have some big games, and maybe if he gets out of the gates hot he'll have the season you're saying, but to start him in fantasy right now is a real crapshoot. Like I said I'd rather pick up a WR like Zay Jones in the later rounds who I know will be getting a bunch more opportunities. But that's just me......I hope you're right by the way, I'd love to see it. Thanks!
I really liked Zay Jones for awhile there. I was convinced his career was over after that crazy hotel incident.

John Daigle @notJDaigle

Won’t show in box score, but D.K. Metcalf was two fingertip-catches away from turning his 1/8 receiving line into 3/81/1. Have to think those opportunities land with Russell Wilson under center.

I wish I had actually gotten to see this game, I couldn’t get even a minute of it. Based on play by play though, all 4 of his targets came in the 1st quarter (nice), The one catch was in the very first possession (very nice), and they came from Geno Smith (nice because he was basically the 1st team QB tonight but also not nice because he’s Geno Smith). So quality time on the field but not with a quality QB. At first blush, I’d say the usage looked a little promising but we’ll see what happens when Russ and Lockett are actually part of the equation.
I've seen the game twice now (once at the stadium, once on Tivo).  At first, I was disappointed he didn't come down with the two long balls but both were off target upon second watching.  Russell is going to hit him on the money in the season.  The other thing worth noting is that DBs are playing *way* off of him and then he was still able to burn past them.  Also not on the stat sheet was a catch for 8 or so yards called back by a questionable block in the back.

It's going to be really interesting to see how he gets used, but I'm encouraged.

Zay Jones will be getting "a bunch more opportunities" than Metcalf? 

The Bills signed John Brown and Cole Beasley this offseason and Foster came on strong last season. The Bills also have one of the least accurate QBs in the league. Let's assume that Jones is even the number two option in Buffalo - would you rather have Allen's second option over Wilson's second (or even third) option?

Who are all of these "many different options" at WR for Seattle? Metcalf has already worked his way into starting in 2 WR sets. I don't see a bunch of great WRs nipping at his heels. And sure Seattle is a run first team (Buffalo may be more so by the way) but that doesn't mean they never pass.

Zay Jones will be getting "a bunch more opportunities" than Metcalf? 

The Bills signed John Brown and Cole Beasley this offseason and Foster came on strong last season. The Bills also have one of the least accurate QBs in the league. Let's assume that Jones is even the number two option in Buffalo - would you rather have Allen's second option over Wilson's second (or even third) option?

Who are all of these "many different options" at WR for Seattle? Metcalf has already worked his way into starting in 2 WR sets. I don't see a bunch of great WRs nipping at his heels. And sure Seattle is a run first team (Buffalo may be more so by the way) but that doesn't mean they never pass.
Not to mention that Seattle's QB is highly accurate. And Buffalo's, not so much. Zay Jones isn't rosterable in redraft or dynasty.

DK Metcalf (knee) will have surgery this week but isn't expected to be sidelined too long.

This could be a knee scope, but we're awaiting official word from the team. If that's the case, Metcalf could be looking on the wrong side of questionable for Week 1, but the Seahawks are optimistic that's not the case. Metcalf's injury history is one of the reasons why he "fell" in the 2019 NFL Draft, so they'd be smart to not rush him back. When he returns, Metcalf is expected to start in two-receiver sets with Tyler Lockett.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Aug 18, 2019, 11:46 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread