What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Apple vs. Windows vs. Google - Ecosystems (1 Viewer)

Mario Kart

Footballguy
Curious which ones you are in and what is good and/or bad about them?

I use Apple for personal stuff. I have a Macbook Pro, iPhone 6, and iPad Mini. The computer and phone have the most usage of the three. I use Windows for work and will update my Windows machine at some point within the next couple of years. I do not have any Google products other than a Gmail and YouTube account.

I do not want to be in all three ecosystems but with different prices/costs within some of them, I'm looking at a Google phone, not to update it soon but as a possibility. I can't break away from my Apple laptop and while I wouldn't mind losing the Windows, Apple does not work with my career, currently, although Google does a little bit more.

What ecosystems are you a part of and how did you break away and/or not be involved in all three? It's frustrating a bit.

Haven't used an Apple product since the early 1990's.  Firmly entrenched in the Google ecosystem for work and personal.  Use the Amazon system a bit for music, etc. and do still have one Windows machine but rarely do anything on it that actually requires Windows.

Is it difficult or inconvenient to use google docs to work on MS Word docs and spreadsheets?  In a professional environment, where it needs to be seamless or near seamless, is this practical?  

Is it difficult or inconvenient to use google docs to work on MS Word docs and spreadsheets?  In a professional environment, where it needs to be seamless or near seamless, is this practical?  
Generally no.  And I find the real-time collaboration capabilities and automatic versioning to be worth any other tradeoff. Although I have heard Office 360 now offers these features as well.

I am almost all in on Google - Google Home and Chromecast devices, WiFi router, Docs, Chromebook, Gmail, Calendar, Photos, Music and the list goes on EXCEPT for two things. I have an iPhone (with almost every app Google makes) and an Apple TV4K.

I am sure that I could find an Android phone that I would be happy with, but I have never really tried because I have always been very satisfied with my iPhone.  While I am almost completely a Google app/software user, I continue to believe that Apple makes some of the best hardware out there, and I am occasionally willing to pay the premium for Apple products that regularly work smoothly and last longer than competitors. My last iPhone lasted me close to four years, while many of my friends with Android devices seem to replace them regularly at 2 years or less. If money weren’t a barrier, I would most likely own a MacBook as well.

i do use a PC at work, but still access numerous Google products with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love having all Apple. Being able to work on a document or be looking at a page and then being able to switch it instantly to another device is beautiful. Being able to share contacts, and passwords and such among the devices is also a great feature.

Moved to Apple around 2011 (although I had an Apple IIe waaaaay back when! ;) ). Have an iMac, a Macbook Air, several AppleTVs, and a bunch of iPhones.

Was a Google/Android guy for years, then moved to Apple hardware while continuing to utilize Google software - GMail, Hangouts, Docs, Maps, etc.  With privacy becoming more of a concern, I'm close to cleaning out my GMail acct and using it for spam/ecommerce only, and using another email client for personal/important mail.  I feel like we're well past the point to where we should be on notice that our personal GMail isn't safe at all from public disclosure.

Anyone have suggestions?  

Was a Google/Android guy for years, then moved to Apple hardware while continuing to utilize Google software - GMail, Hangouts, Docs, Maps, etc.  With privacy becoming more of a concern, I'm close to cleaning out my GMail acct and using it for spam/ecommerce only, and using another email client for personal/important mail.  I feel like we're well past the point to where we should be on notice that our personal GMail isn't safe at all from public disclosure.

Anyone have suggestions?  
On Apple, I have been kinda-sorta pleased with Spark (Free!!!). I like it's smart inbox, but I don't really like the fact that I can only pin to one category; I like Apple 'Mail' where you can pin stuff to multiple categories.

Users who are viewing this thread