Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

A.J. Brown caught 4-of-8 targets for 43 yards in Week 16 against the Packers.

Brown’s first catch didn’t come until Tennessee’s final drive of the first half. Ryan Tannehill didn’t take any deep shots in snowy Lambeau conditions, limiting Brown to a long catch of 12 yards. Brown had at least 80 yards or a touchdown in five straight games going into Sunday night. He should rebound as a mid-range WR1 for a matchup with the Texans in Week 17.

Dec 27, 2020, 11:32 PM ET

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know why everyone always gets hung up on WR1, WR2, etc.  If A.J. is on your team, he is in your lineup.  Call him whatever you like.

He is criminally under utilized IMO. 

I am not of the belief you bench your true studs for a Jacobi Meyers type fill in due to match up alone. I’ll live with the off chance that Meyers outscored AJB while on my bench but wouldn’t be able

A.J. Brown caught 10-of-11 targets for 151 yards and a touchdown in the Titans' Week 17 win over the Texans. 

With the third biggest receiving effort of his already-illustrious career, Brown cleared 1,000 yards receiving for the second time in as many NFL campaigns. He hauled in a 52-yard reception with 0:18 remaining. Making big plays every single week, Brown will be one of the X-factors for next week's epic Wild Card clash between the Titans and Ravens.

- Rotoworld

Double digit targets? More of this next season, Tennessee.

• Like 1

A.J. Brown (ankle) will play in the Wild Card game against the Ravens.

Brown wasn't available for Thursday's and Friday's practices but will still enter Sunday without an injury designation on the final injury report. He himself was adamant he'd play as long as he "has breath in my body." Fantasy players should move forward with their initial approach to postseason lineups given Brown's non-existent status.

SOURCE: Turron Davenport on Twitter

Jan 8, 2021, 4:08 PM ET

A.J. Brown caught 6-of-10 targets for 83 yards and a touchdown in the Titans' Wild Card loss to the Ravens.

Brown opened up the game with a one-hand catch on and end zone fade for a score. He led the Titans in all receiving categories and was their only player to top 51 yards from scrimmage. Tennessee committed to running the football inefficiently for most of the game so Brown was able to be fully unleashed but he showed his ability to dominate in flashes anyway. Corey Davis is set to hit free agency this offseason and the Titans aren't projected to be working with much cap space. That could be we see Brown enter the 2021 season with next to no competition for targets within his offense. If that's the case, he'll be a high second-round pick in fantasy drafts by the end of the summer.

- Rotoworld

• 2 weeks later...

A.J. Brown said he had surgery on both of his knees.

Brown claims that they believed his 2020 season was done after a Week 2 knee injury, but he managed to play through the pain. That makes his 70-1,075-11 receiving line across 14 games even more impressive. Brown simply is one of the best and most physical athletes at the position. It's unclear what surgeries he had -- his Week 2 injury was reportedly a bone bruise -- but he has months to get back to full health before training camp. With Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith headed for free agency, Brown will be in the WR1 conversation for 2021 fantasy drafts. He'll be 24 years old then.

SOURCE: Terry McCormick on Twitter

Jan 19, 2021, 6:34 PM ET

Edited by Kevrunner
4 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

Pretty darn good year driving on two bad wheels. Hopefully can start next season at 100% and continue his ascension as THE best at his position.

Fixed that for ya ;) 

• 1 month later...

AJ is a bad bad man. I think he'll be fine regardless. The issue has always been targets, he definitely has made the most of what he's been fed since entering the league. I'd think his target share will only increase now. :popcorn:

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

AJ is a bad bad man. I think he'll be fine regardless. The issue has always been targets, he definitely has made the most of what he's been fed since entering the league. I'd think his target share will only increase now. :popcorn:

Agree, his production per target is as elite as it gets and that was on two bad knee's last year.

Frankly I've done a 180 on this guy. Last year about this time I liked the talent but was scared off by lack of usage concerns, thought he was overvalued. I'm not scared of nothing no more with him. Stud, the WR1 potential.

• Like 1

I don't see losing Davis and Jonnu as a good thing for Brown. Hard to imagine that offense scoring nearly as much as they did last year now. They better hit on a stud WR in the draft or Brown is going to see double/triple coverage a LOT.

12 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

I don't see losing Davis and Jonnu as a good thing for Brown. Hard to imagine that offense scoring nearly as much as they did last year now. They better hit on a stud WR in the draft or Brown is going to see double/triple coverage a LOT.

Mortals can't stop Brown. Seriously, he's so strong. and dreamy. :wub: