What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (4 Viewers)

I wonder what information she has to trade. :popcorn:

I assume that anyone who was uneasy about Epstein potentially cutting a deal, will be just as concerned now.

According to the report Maxwell was on the east coast when she was arrested. Prior reports had been that she was hiding out in England or Europe. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the other interesting aspect here - charges will be in SDNY.

Barr just removed the US Attorney for the SDNY.  Curious timing, that.
I thought she was hiding out in Paris.  Maybe just opportunity when she flew back in to the US?

(As a corollary, why in the world would she set foot back in the US? )

I thought she was hiding out in Paris.  Maybe just opportunity when she flew back in to the US?

(As a corollary, why in the world would she set foot back in the US? )
I don't think she left the US.  But, I am really guessing here.  I think she was arrested at an estate in New Hampshire.

If she flew into the US, I would think she would have been arrested before she ever left a plane.

ETA - also SDNY was the jurisdiction charging Epstein, so that office is the most logical to have continued the investigation, leading to Maxwell's arrest.

Here's the Maxwell indictment.

Apparently Maxwell is also facing a lawsuit by a woman named Jennifer Araoz.

Maxwell is also facing a lawsuit from Jennifer Araoz, who claims Epstein repeatedly sexually assaulted her at his Manhattan townhouse beginning in 2001. At the time, Araoz was 14 and attending New York’s Talent Unlimited High School. She claims Epstein raped her on one occasion when she was 15 years old.

According to Araoz’s complaint, Maxwell hired the young recruiter who approached Araoz outside her school and “oversaw the process that lead to the recruitment and grooming of” Aroaz for Epstein. Maxwell is believed to have contacted Araoz directly to arrange visits to the Upper East Side mansion, the lawsuit says.

I'm keeping an eye on @alandersh today.  He's been coming a bit unhinged on twitter since the Netflix doc came out - almost to a Trump/Giulianni level of crazy.

Yep, me too. - I'm curious if she thought it was safe for her to return at some point.
If she thought Epstein was murdered, then she would know it would never be safe to return.

I still question whether she ever actually left the country - mostly because coming back would be crazy, and I think leaving would actually be difficult.  If I recall, she has planted "fake" stories in the media about her whereabouts in the past, so that would not surprise me if she continued to plant fake stories.

If she thought Epstein was murdered, then she would know it would never be safe to return.

I still question whether she ever actually left the country - mostly because coming back would be crazy, and I think leaving would actually be difficult.  If I recall, she has planted "fake" stories in the media about her whereabouts in the past, so that would not surprise me if she continued to plant fake stories.
Yes I agree it's not clear at all she was hiding in the UK or Europe.

I'm keeping an eye on @alandersh today.  He's been coming a bit unhinged on twitter since the Netflix doc came out - almost to a Trump/Giulianni level of crazy.
I just watched the last episode last night. And it was kind of funny how he was like, "I DID NOTHING WRONG. I DARE (I FORGET HER NAME) TO GO ON CAMERA AND ACCUSE ME OF HAVING SEX WITH HER!"

Cut to the victim, "Yea I had sex with Dershowitz at least six times when I was 16."

I guess the other interesting aspect here - charges will be in SDNY.

Barr just removed the US Attorney for the SDNY.  Curious timing, that.
But he didn’t succeed in getting the stooge installed, so there’s a good question if this was something they wanted or what they were trying to prevent.

The indictment shows that Maxwell has twenty million in cash on hand spread out over a dozen bank accounts. Epstein wired her large amounts numerous times.

The indictment shows that Maxwell has twenty million in cash on hand spread out over a dozen bank accounts. Epstein wired her large amounts numerous times.
So either she sings like a bird, gets a plea deal and might see the light of day again or she stays loyal to Epstein and his cronies and spends the rest of her life behind bars?

Yeah, I don't see her making it to the end of 2020.

I just watched the last episode last night. And it was kind of funny how he was like, "I DID NOTHING WRONG. I DARE (I FORGET HER NAME) TO GO ON CAMERA AND ACCUSE ME OF HAVING SEX WITH HER!"

Cut to the victim, "Yea I had sex with Dershowitz at least six times when I was 16."
That was brutal and also my favorite part of the series.  

That was brutal and also my favorite part of the series.  
The New Yorker had a long story on him awhile back and one thing that stood out is how pathological Dershowitz is about his image. His involvement with big cases/issues has always been more about the attention and perception he gets than with merit or morality.

He took on the Von Bulow case because of the notoriety it was getting from the NYC elite and Martha's Vineyard crowd. He infuriated Johnnie Cochran during the OJ case because he kept going on TV and giving an interview to anyone with a microphone or notepad. 

It must be totally unnerving for him to be in his twilight years and have this thing become his lasting legacy. 

The New Yorker had a long story on him awhile back and one thing that stood out is how pathological Dershowitz is about his image. His involvement with big cases/issues has always been more about the attention and perception he gets than with merit or morality.

He took on the Von Bulow case because of the notoriety it was getting from the NYC elite and Martha's Vineyard crowd. He infuriated Johnnie Cochran during the OJ case because he kept going on TV and giving an interview to anyone with a microphone or notepad. 

It must be totally unnerving for him to be in his twilight years and have this thing become his lasting legacy. 
The first thing he said in the Epstein documentary was, "I was BORN to be a criminal defense lawyer."

Oh #### you. ###.

He definitely puts an "esq." after his name.

TV was so different back then. And who trained that parrot to act like a falcon? That’s the real story here. Wtf was the story to that point? 

“We’re here to save you! That guy is a commie!”

”Hand over the gun commie, now get those guys who saved me parrot!” 

(Magnum fires shots at parrot, who then flies off into TCs rotor blades, but not after ripping a hole in his face)

Aaaaaand scene. Nailed it guys, let’s go home. 

TV was so different back then. And who trained that parrot to act like a falcon? That’s the real story here. Wtf was the story to that point? 

“We’re here to save you! That guy is a commie!”

”Hand over the gun commie, now get those guys who saved me parrot!” 

(Magnum fires shots at parrot, who then flies off into TCs rotor blades, but not after ripping a hole in his face)

Aaaaaand scene. Nailed it guys, let’s go home. 
Old lady was KGB assassin - sent to kill old guy - who was some kind of bird expert with ties to Hungarian revolution. 

Magnum helped old lady find the bird man before realizing she was KGB. 

Old lady had the trained macaw. 

Higgins used some kind of falcon bird call to scare the bird away - and into TJs helicopter.  

The defendant’s international connections and significant financial means would present a clear risk of flight under normal circumstances, but in this case, the risk of flight is exacerbated by the transient nature of defendant’s current lifestyle. In particular, the defendant has effectively been in hiding for approximately a year, since an indictment against Epstein was unsealed in July 2019. Thereafter, the defendant – who had previously made many public appearances – stopped appearing in public entirely, instead hiding out in locations in New England. Moreover, it appears that she made intentional efforts to avoid detection, including moving locations at least twice, switching her primary phone number (which she registered under the name “G Max”) and email address, and ordering packages for delivery with a different person listed on the shipping label. Most recently, the defendant appears to have been hiding on a 156-acre property acquired in an all-cash purchase in December 2019 (through a carefully anonymized LLC) in Bradford, New Hampshire, an area to which she has no other known connections.
DOJ's detention briefing.

- Sounds like Maxwell has been in New England.

I don't know if I'm disturbed or not that there are betting odds on Maxwell's death.  Odd feeling, and I don't want to like it.  Yet, part of me wants a Running Man episode and host a huge party to watch it while doing some DraftKings action and betting squares.  Maybe a "is this normal" thread?

We do not yet know who else might be in the SDNY's sights, but prosecutors did drop a tantalizing clue by staffing the case out of the Office's Public Corruption Unit (as it did with the original case against Epstein). I did sex trafficking cases when I was with the SDNY, and I know that these cases typically would be handled by the Violent and Organized Crime Unit (which includes the Human Trafficking Coordinators), not the Public Corruption Unit -- unless the case carried potential to implicate public officials.

Maxwell's arrest is an important moment for the many underage victims who continue to seek justice. And it could be an ominous turning point for others who helped Epstein and Maxwell run their alleged criminal operation but have evaded comeuppance so far.
CNN

- The case is being handled by the SDNY public corruption unit. 

Renatto Mariotti summarizes the charges and explains how these charges are different from Epstein's.

Although you've likely read, seen, and heard a lot about Epstein's extensive and widespread abuse of minors (and Maxwell's role in it), that extensive scheme was *not* charged in this indictment.

...I appreciate that to those of us who are aware of the many victims of Epstein's crimes, it is hard to believe that Maxwell wasn't in on the scheme. But jurors will only be presented evidence of the specific crimes in this indictment, not all that we know publicly. The indictment charges Maxwell with participating in the abuse of three minor girls, who are called "Minor Victim-1", "Minor Victim-2," and "Minor Victim-3" in the indictment. The detailed descriptions of sexual abuse of those three victims in the indictment leaves little doubt that prosecutors intend to call all three as witnesses at trial. Of the three, the testimony of Minor Victim-1 will be by far the most important. ...

Users who are viewing this thread