What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking - Kareem Hunt RELEASED and unclaimed (2 Viewers)

ehhh ... It may be some time but he'll play. Much younger and has plenty of juice left unlike Rice.
it's not about youth and juice. It's about the incredible amount of  heat any front office would take for signing someone who was caught on video violently assaulting a woman. This is straight out of the Ray Rice playbook. 

I'm not happy, I own him in multiple dynasty leagues, but the truth is, it's over.

it's not about youth and juice. It's about the incredible amount of  heat any front office would take for signing someone who was caught on video violently assaulting a woman. This is straight out of the Ray Rice playbook. 

I'm not happy, I own him in multiple dynasty leagues, but the truth is, it's over.
I can somewhat see this viewpoint. But on the other hand Mixon was drafted in the 2nd round not long after a much worse video was released of him cold clocking a girl so badly she had to have her mouth wired shut. How do you reconcile that with your point? There was plenty of PR heat to go around then and no real football to distract people at that time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ wow...

EDIT: What did he lie about? According to reports the only thing the Chiefs didn't know about was the kick.
They apparently didn’t see the video until tonight so if there were no charges they took Hunt for his word that it wasn’t a big deal.  Seeing the video obviously puts a different and much more serious perspective on it.

Showed the video to my girl friend, she's pretty level headed and agreed that everyone in the wrong but to cut him over this is stupid.

Don't worry, there's 31 teams lining up to sign him. If Foster got a job the following day then Hunt will surely be picked up.  
He lied to the chiefs about the incident....so they cut him....he will be on another team next year...serve a 6 game suspension

He lied to the chiefs about the incident....so they cut him....he will be on another team next year...serve a 6 game suspension
best case scenario.  Or he's playing cards with Ray Rice and thinking about what could have been.  What a dumbbutt.  Even though he's on my best team I can absorb the loss.  I know a lot of teams can't and I'm sorry for that.

Yeah, Hunt will be back after a 6 game suspension on another team next year. He's got a lot of gas left in the tank that's for sure. 

He lied to several members of the Chiefs management team when they had internal discussions with him about the incident. That is the difference between him and Tyreek Hill, he should have been remorseful and given the truth. He would have been punished but probably not dropped had he been honest with them. 

Rice video way worse.  Rice player way worse.  He will get picked up and probably get the Zeke 6 game treatment.  Question will be how fast that starts.  
I think Hunt is done this season and no team will pick him up in 2018.  

Likely some team picks him up before next season after he does the rounds apologizing and showing remorse for his actions.

Showed the video to my girl friend, she's pretty level headed and agreed that everyone in the wrong but to cut him over this is stupid.

Don't worry, there's 31 teams lining up to sign him. If Foster got a job the following day then Hunt will surely be picked up.  
Video, lied about what happened and punched a guy recently. Hmmmmm

There's a good chance he's done in the NFL. Certain offenses are tolerable, other not. Men have no business getting physical with women unless they are protecting themselves from serious harm. 

Hunt violently assaulted this woman?  What freaking video are you watching?  He barely touched her.  He tripped on some guy that knocked into her, and barely touched her with his foot.  He didn't even put 1 scrape on her.  There was literally nothing for the police to prosecute.  Violently assaulting her...seriously open your eyes.
I'm honestly thinking I may be watching a different video here because the one TMZ has up about Hunt isn't even in the same galaxy as the Mixon/Rice videos.

Video, lied about what happened and punched a guy recently. Hmmmmm

There's a good chance he's done in the NFL. Certain offenses are tolerable, other not. Men have no business getting physical with women unless they are protecting themselves from serious harm. 

Double post, please delete. 

Yes it’s a universe away from the Ray Rice video.  Whole thing is kind of a group cluster****.

UNTIL he kicks her at the end.  Not really hard but still it’s just gratuitous and mean.  I don’t believe in giving up on people, so whether or not he’s done in the NFL is an open question for me, but given this cultural moment he probably is and won’t have anyone to blame but himself

If he's claimed off of waivers, does the claiming team get to keep his contract?   Pro bowl player with that contract is going to be very tempting.   

I read the NFL has known about this since February so I'm thinking I don't care if they are right or wrong to take the stance only after the video is leaked despite knowing already but I wish they would be consistent in their shoot first and ask questions later m.o.  Doing it this way just makes the NFL look like they only take the hard line position IF it is bad publicimagery and that does nothing to make them look as if they really truly care about domestic violence.  

If he's claimed off of waivers, does the claiming team get to keep his contract?   Pro bowl player with that contract is going to be very tempting.   
I would be more concerned about the black balling like was done with Rice.  I know Hunt is younger, but we know the owners in the NFL can do this and has.  Just like with Kaepernick (sp?) and Rice and Kap wasn't at the end of his career either.

ETA:  It's a shame too because he is so young and talented.  However, don't be so sure someone else will step in and take him.

Won't matter.  This guy won't be helping anyone until 2020.  This has the look of washing the rest of this year, starting next year in limbo, and then serving 6-12 games suspension.  This is a two year hit to his career, at the least.  Although, on the exempt list, he still gets paid and saves the wear and tear.  I hope leveon bell isn't getting any ideas.   

Hope you mentioned to her he was cut because he lied to the team about it. My first initial thought on the release was similar to your girl until I heard he lied. Thats a cut able offense. 

Won't matter.  This guy won't be helping anyone until 2020.  This has the look of washing the rest of this year, starting next year in limbo, and then serving 6-12 games suspension.  This is a two year hit to his career, at the least.  Although, on the exempt list, he still gets paid and saves the wear and tear.  I hope leveon bell isn't getting any ideas.   
fair point about the inevitable suspension.  if he's suspended for a year let's say, does that eat up a year of that contract or is the contract suspended along with the player?

I would be more concerned about the black balling like was done with Rice.  I know Hunt is younger, but we know the owners in the NFL can do this and has.  Just like with Kaepernick (sp?) and Rice and Kap wasn't at the end of his career either.
I think position matters here too.  It seems like there is always a James Conner around.  If it was Mahomes, do the Chiefs do the same thing?

And I know that Kap and Mahomes are both QBs, but the difference between the two is obvious. 

Rice video way worse.  Rice player way worse.  He will get picked up and probably get the Zeke 6 game treatment.  Question will be how fast that starts.  
Rice cold cocked her and dragged her by the hair to the elevator. In the video I saw it looked like Hunt barely touched her at times. 

fair point about the inevitable suspension.  if he's suspended for a year let's say, does that eat up a year of that contract or is the contract suspended along with the player?
I would think at that point he won't be on the commissioners exempt list and he will forfeit salary. 

Yeah, Hunt will be back after a 6 game suspension on another team next year. He's got a lot of gas left in the tank that's for sure. 
Didn't we say the same thing about Ray Rice?  Sure he's young and has a lot in the tank, but that doesn't matter in cases like this.  We all know once the public crucifies someone it's set in stone.  Thanks to the PC culture and liberals / snowflakes for that.  Whatever happened to "I made a mistake and I'm sorry?".

Didn't we say the same thing about Ray Rice?  Sure he's young and has a lot in the tank, but that doesn't matter in cases like this.  We all know once the public crucifies someone it's set in stone.  Thanks to the PC culture and #######s for that.
There is the case of Michael Vick

Rice cold cocked her and dragged her by the hair to the elevator. In the video I saw it looked like Hunt barely touched her at times. 
I haven't seen the video but you say "at times" which makes me think this looks like a frenzy and not just a one off type of moment.   If so, the sustained aggression will likely be going against him 

Hunt violently assaulted this woman?  What freaking video are you watching?  He barely touched her.  He tripped on some guy that knocked into her, and barely touched her with his foot.  He didn't even put 1 scrape on her.  There was literally nothing for the police to prosecute.  Violently assaulting her...seriously open your eyes.
I read initial no charges because everyone they needed there were too many conflicting stories so charges got dropped. 

Didn't we say the same thing about Ray Rice?  Sure he's young and has a lot in the tank, but that doesn't matter in cases like this.  We all know once the public crucifies someone it's set in stone.  Thanks to the PC culture and #######s for that.

I haven't seen the video but you say "at times" which makes me think this looks like a frenzy and not just a one off type of moment.   If so, the sustained aggression will likely be going against him 
Why not watch the video first before commenting on it?

Didn't we say the same thing about Ray Rice?  Sure he's young and has a lot in the tank, but that doesn't matter in cases like this.  We all know once the public crucifies someone it's set in stone.  Thanks to the PC culture and liberals / snowflakes for that.
This is not a public crucifixion. This is Hunt hanging himself. On video. HTH

There is the case of Michael Vick
I would agree but everyone is a far left leaning now than even then.  The left will boycott any team that signs him.  He's a leper and there is nothing anyone can do about it in the world we live in today.    :sarcasm:

Why not watch the video first before commenting on it?
Umm, because he says "at times" and it's a simple response.  I'm not paid to issue a judgment here. That's already been done by the NFL. I'm just discussing like the rest of you guys are....theorizing...and I don't play ff anymore so I have no whining to bias into it because of my ff team.  I'm seeing it for what it is. Domestic violence. 

Users who are viewing this thread