Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Boy oh boy I'd be all over Kyler if someone was thinking about selling after a couple poor real life games. (I'm not playing fantasy this season but would assume even last 2 games his rushing makes him more than serviceable)

He's one of the best arm/leg QB talents the league has ever seen. Even when his legs start to go, he's got one of the best guns in the league.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was already QB5 at worst before this. Usually people who say this are still holding onto a very high evaluation of someone like Wentz or Rodgers...who else is there besides Mahomes, Lamar, Watson,

I'd feel better if Kingsbury was successful at Tech.  He got fired. Now he goes to the NFL and it works?  I'm skeptical.

Either be constructive when you post or don't post.

29 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Boy oh boy I'd be all over Kyler if someone was thinking about selling after a couple poor real life games. (I'm not playing fantasy this season but would assume even last 2 games his rushing makes him more than serviceable)

He's one of the best arm/leg QB talents the league has ever seen. Even when his legs start to go, he's got one of the best guns in the league.

Exactly. And yep, he’s QB6 right now in fantasy, a couple points behind Rodgers. 

On 10/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, Milkman said:

I don't like the direction of the offense. Murray is fine but could be a new coaching staff next year. 

I agree with @ConnSKINS26 above. Kliff and Kyler are tied at the hip for a while. They aren’t changing coaches that quickly.

• Like 3

Kyler Murray completed just 9-of-24 passes for 188 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Cardinals' 38-10, Week 6 win over the Cowboys, adding 74 rushing yards and a touchdown on 10 rushing attempts.

He completed a lousy 37.5% of his passes, and the bulk of Murray's passing yards came on an 80-yard touchdown to Christian Kirk after hooking up with Kirk on a six-yard score earlier in the night. Murray's rushing score was a walk-in, one-yard keeper. Murray has at least 67 rushing yards in 4-of-6 games and multiple passing scores in three of his last four outings. He's also scored on the ground in all but one game. Murray gets a juicy Week 7 date with a Seahawks defense that is hemorrhaging yards and points through the air.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:36 PM ET

Was just a year early on this guy. Drafting him last year in rookie drafts still paid off though. I don't see him regressing like Lamar because his arm is just as talented or more talented than his legs. He's the complete package. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Milkman said:

Was just a year early on this guy. Drafting him last year in rookie drafts still paid off though. I don't see him regressing like Lamar because his arm is just as talented or more talented than his legs. He's the complete package. 

I never feel out of a game as long as I have Murray going. 

Murray has been amazingly consistent every week this year. The two QBs above him in ppg, Wilson has a 14 point variance from best to worst. Daks is 26 if you remove his injured game. Top name QBs below him: Allen and Mahomes are both 21. Murray’s variance: 9.5. 

He is a cheat code going forward

• Like 2

Kyler Murray completed 34-of-48 passes for 360 yards with three touchdowns and an interception and rushed for 67 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals' Week 7 overtime win against Seattle.

Murray rebounded after completing 38% of his passes in a win against Dallas last week. He led the Cardinals to a game-tying field goal late in regulation and the game winner in overtime. Murray was also Arizona's leading rusher with Kenyan Drake (ankle) leaving in the fourth quarter. It's a signature win for Murray and the Cardinals. Arizona is now one game back from Seattle in the NFC West. 

Oct 26, 2020, 12:14 AM ET

• 2 weeks later...

That kid is really good at running the football and he's pretty good at long throws, in fact really good. 

Somehow though in the end, they lack that ability to make the TOUGH yards. Not sure that is Murray's fault but he is always in the Shotgun. It cost them a win today vs the Miami Dolphins IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

The only player performing better than Murray right now is Russell WIlson, and its close.

Sorry Mahomes. Just not quite good enough.

Mahomes .9 pts average behind Murray. Pretty darn close.

Hail Murray full of lace, Hopkins is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst the Bills and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, DeAndre. Holy Murray, Father of comebacks, pray for us winners, now and at the finals seconds of the Bill’s death. Amen.

Edited by Gianluca

Kyler Murray (shoulder) was seen "rehabbing on the side" at Tuesday's practice. 

Fantasy managers shouldn't be shocked by a week of limited practices for Murray. He hurt his throwing shoulder early in Week 11's game against Seattle and was in clear discomfort throughout the contest. Murray should be set to play this week against the Patriots. 

SOURCE: Dan Urban on Twitter 

Nov 24, 2020, 11:47 AM ET

Speaking Tuesday, Kyler Murray (shoulder) said his absence from practice was purely precautionary.  

“I feel fine, I feel good," Murray said. It's not surprising Murray is taking it easy early in the week as the Cardinals come off their mini Thursday night bye. Murray's arm was visibly bothering him in Arizona's Week 11 loss to the Seahawks, but he never checked out of the game. He will be out there against the Patriots, and locked into the top-three at quarterback. 

SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter 

Nov 24, 2020, 1:26 PM ET

Rotoworld:

Kyler Murray (shoulder) will play in Week 12 against the Patriots.

The Cardinals took it easy with Murray's shoulder throughout the week, progressively increasing his involvement in practice all the way up to Friday's full participation. It's a tremendous spot for Arizona's passing offense as a whole as the Patriots have quietly been bombarded for a top-five mark in yards per passing play. Murray will remain the overall QB1 on the week for his rushing floor alone.

DFS Slant:

Murray -- as always -- is a great option in Week 12 against New England. Andy Isabella's insertion into Arizona's offense probably raises Murray's passing ceiling, as Isabella brings explosiveness that Larry Fitzgerald hasn't since the first Obama administration. Murray makes for an intriguing tournament play this week if DFS players prove unwilling to pay up for a QB. 

SOURCE: Kyle Odegard on Twitter

Nov 27, 2020, 4:20 PM ET

Kyler Murray completed 23-of-34 passes for 170 yards, zero touchdowns and an interception in the Cardinals' 20-17, Week 12 loss to the Patriots, adding five carries for 31 additional yards. 

Clearly trying to protect the shoulder he injured 10 days ago, Murray was held out of the end zone for the first time all season. Murray rarely looked to tuck and run and was less aggressive vs. oncoming rushers. He seemed to be checking down more than usual. More than once, Murray was confused by Patriots blitzers. Speaking afterward, coach Kliff Kingsbury claimed Murray's shoulder wasn't an issue. That is hard to believe, though it was more noticeable in the context of his decisions than pass velocity. Suddenly slumping, Murray does not have a Week 13 get-right spot in the Rams, but his dual-threat ability means he never leaves the top five at quarterback in fantasy. 

- Rotoworld

Edited by The Frankman
19 hours ago, SproutDaddy said:

Questioning whether to start him next week now.  Luckily I didn't need a big game from him in both leagues, but still very concerning.

Yeah, I won despite the dud from him but I’m definitely concerned for this week. I will need to monitor practice reports to see where he’s at, but even then, he was “removed” from the injured list this last week so who knows. Might have to find another option for next week. A compromised Kyler going against a ferocious Rams D is a really bad spot. 

Edited by Johnny Utah #9
1 hour ago, Faust said:

Damn, dude has two down games and the hot take machine is thrown into overdrive. It should be obvious to anyone watching that the shoulder is affecting him. Am I concerned about this and the matchup with a fierce Rams D this week? You bet. But it’s not because defensive coordinators have figured out how to shut him down.

Edited by Johnny Utah #9
  • Like 1

Kyler Murray (throwing shoulder) was upgraded to "full" for Thursday's practice. 

Murray got in a "limited" session on Wednesday. Murray was noticeably limited by his shoulder in the Cardinals' Week 12 loss to the Patriots, but coach Kliff Kingsbury claimed it wasn't an issue. It is definitely a concern ahead of Sunday's daunting matchup with the Rams. Murray is a borderline top-five option after several weeks in the top three. 

Dec 3, 2020, 7:50 PM ET