What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm Starting ________ Over A. Jones (@CHI). (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Curious who is in the "can't sit your studs" camp vs. going with other / riskier options that have better matchups.

On the table for me: Damien Williams (assuming ware is out). If Ware starts, I'd be starting him for sure.

CMC, Cook, and Fournette in one league.

I'm starting him over Coleman, Drake, Martin, and Breida in another.

Is this the definition of getting cute or what? 

KC beat writer now saying C. West will be active and get 8-12 touches. Would kick myself if C. West and the other D. Williams get a ton of touches with A. Reid playing games.

I would play him and just temper your expectations. 
I've never really understood that point of view.

If I'm tempering expectations for a player in my lineup then I'm satisfied with a low ceiling.

Not always acceptable. Especially if you're an underdog. Need all the ceiling you can get. 

I've never really understood that point of view.

If I'm tempering expectations for a player in my lineup then I'm satisfied with a low ceiling.

Not always acceptable. Especially if you're an underdog. Need all the ceiling you can get. 
I want someone proven in the playoffs who doesn’t have a great matchup over someone with 2 games of production to judge off of. 

But I like a strong 10 over a possible 4 and unlikely 16. You are obviously for the 4 or 16and that’s fine. Just offering my opinion since it was asked for. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I want someone proven in the playoffs who doesn’t have a great matchup over someone with 2 games of production to judge off of. 
Starting to lean in your direction.

There's a lot of risk that an A. Reid plays some games here with a Damien Williams, Darrel Williams, and C. West. Not to mention, Damien Williams is...um...not that good.

Starting to lean in your direction.

There's a lot of risk that an A. Reid plays some games here with a Damien Williams, Darrel Williams, and C. West. Not to mention, Damien Williams is...um...not that good.
I’m not a big “name” guy but it does factor in. And like you said, who is D. Williams?

Considered McGuire over Jones for the volume but can't do it. If those jackasses trot out Jamawful Williams to start the game again I'm going to lose my mind..... 

Considered McGuire over Jones for the volume but can't do it. If those jackasses trot out Jamawful Williams to start the game again I'm going to lose my mind..... 
Just picked up McGuire myself, but don't think I can do it either.

Kicking myself for not starting D. Williams although on the flip side, I am facing Mahommes and I'm trying to think glass half full in that Williams stole two TDs from Mahommes.

So there's that...

K. Dixon available on the wire. Clearly a dice roll, but great matchup in a game BALT should thoroughly control. Splitting with G. Edwards but should have a lot of touches to go around.

Yet again, not sure I'd have the guts to do it.

Seems like anyone who is sitting A. Jones this week has a pretty legit RB2 available with a good matchup on the bench.

My decision may depend on how Chubb does tonight. If he lays an egg, maybe I roll the dice for upside. If he hits or surpasses projections, probably stand pat.

Playing him, but more worried about the Packers coaching staff holding him back than the Bears defense.

Jones is very good, and those kinds of players usually find a way to "get theirs"... but no telling what to expect from the Packers OC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I benched Jones for Damian Williams - I just liked that matchup a lot more, and I felt strong that Williams would be the bellcow on Thursday, and he was.  I could still put Jones in my lineup, but would be benching either Lindsay or one of these 4 WRs - Julio, Juju, Adams, or Woods.  Chicago is hungry and in reach of clinching the division - I just don't like Jones in this matchup.  Note I am starting Rodgers and Adams, so am already heavy in this game.

Officially starting him with Conner doubtful/out. Not thrilled about the matchup, but he’s scored at least one TD in 6 of the last 7 games. 75 total yards and a TD would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread