What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Isaiah McKenzie - IND (1 Viewer)

JFS171

Footballguy
Couldn’t find a thread for this guy, but was searching on my phone. If there’s another one, please merge.

Electric returned at Georgia. Bills have schemed plays for him the past few weeks, getting him 4, 4, 4, and 8 touches. Last week he took over the slot role full time after the release of Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes, pushing Zay Jones to the outside. McKenzie played 78% of the snaps, ran 43 routes, and had 7 targets in addition to 4 carries.

Today they play the Lions who have been hammered by slot receivers, plus no Ivory and likely no McCoy may elevate McKenzie’s floor. He’s an intriguing guy today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn’t find a thread for this guy, but was searching on my phone. If there’s another one, please merge. 

Electric returned at Georgia. Bills have schemed plays for him the past few weeks, getting him 4, 4, 4, and 8 touches. Last week he took over the slot role full time after the release of Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes, pushing Zay Jones to the outside. McKenzie played 78% of the snaps, ran 43 routes, and had 7 targets in addition to 4 carries. 

Today they play the Lions who have been hammered by slot receivers, plus no Ivory and likely no McCoy may elevate McKenzie’s floor. He’s an intriguing guy today. 
McCoy has now been ruled out. No Ivory and no McCoy. 

You do not want this guy, trust me.  He has hands of stone and fumbles a lot.  The reason why he was cut from Denver

I'm considering him over either Ingram or Curtis Samuel in ppr. He's had two great weeks out of the last three. Wonder if he draws Slay today or if Zay Jones gets him?
If they putting Zay out there next season ahead of Foster they don't know what they doing. I get if they wanna go Zay rest of year cause he has the year of experience over Foster, but to me it's clear who the better player is. I also expect Buffalo to be active in the FA market/Draft to bring a perceived #1 WR in.

If they putting Zay out there next season ahead of Foster they don't know what they doing. I get if they wanna go Zay rest of year cause he has the year of experience over Foster, but to me it's clear who the better player is. I also expect Buffalo to be active in the FA market/Draft to bring a perceived #1 WR in.
They’re both playing outside with McKenzie in the slot. 

You do not want this guy, trust me.  He has hands of stone and fumbles a lot.  The reason why he was cut from Denver
I was curious why Denver cut him.  This is why?  He's had a few fumbles here, but he's looked like a viable NFL WR in his short time here.  Other than Foster, he's been the biggest revelation at the WR position.

Looks like it was just a cramp.  He went down like a sack of potatoes.  I thought for sure it was an injury.  He looks like a promising slot receiver and certainly doesn't look to have bad hands.  Might be the same type of situation Eric Ebron had with his hands.  Ebron has looked really good in Indy after getting a rep as having stone-hands in Detroit.

This was so promising until the injury early in the third quarter. Had 3-24 on the first drive. Continued making plays in the middle of the field throughout the first half. Probably would’ve been playing RB by the end of the game, but instead leaves on a cart. 

Just another part of a ton of carnage yesterday. 

Bills WR Isaiah McKenzie caught 6-of-9 targets for 65 yards and two touchdowns in the Bills' Week 17 win over the Dolphins.

McKenzie added another punt return touchdown. The Bills absolutely boat raced the Dolphins, and McKenzie claimed the opening three scores. It was quite a performance for the backup, who filled in for Cole Beasley to close the regular season. The Bills' offense will be an absolute nightmare for defensive coordinators to gameplan against in the playoffs.

- Rotoworld

Week 17 pickup? Quite a performance yesterday.
I put a claim on him. Idk if I'll use him, but he's an option. I've been piecing my 3 WR spots together all year. Got AJ Brown, Theilen, Elijah Moore, Mooney, Osborne, Palmer... and Gabe Davis I can't use now. Can barely get 3 together at the same time all season. Used waiver wire fillers too. If Beasley is back I won't consider him, but if not McKenzie definitely an option. 

Top waiver add going into tonight's waivers...

...although with new protocols I'd think both Beasley and G. Davis clear. Or at least one of them.

Thinking there could be a lot of people targeting him and he'll be back to worthless despite the big game against NE.

...although with new protocols I'd think both Beasley and G. Davis clear. Or at least one of them.

Thinking there could be a lot of people targeting him and he'll be back to worthless despite the big game against NE.
Good point. Hadn't thought about protocols changing. 

He’s had spot starts like this in the past.  Maybe a few more targets but they tend to send him back to his previous depth role. 

Don’t think he will be anything with these guys back 
I think you’re right but hope you’re wrong. Beasley has lost a step and McKenzie is clearly a better player at this point. Buffalo would be wise to give most of Beasley’s snaps to McKenzie and all of Sanders’s snaps to Davis.

Good point. Hadn't thought about protocols changing. 

Don’t think he will be anything with these guys back 

I think you’re right but hope you’re wrong. Beasley has lost a step and McKenzie is clearly a better player at this point. Buffalo would be wise to give most of Beasley’s snaps to McKenzie and all of Sanders’s snaps to Davis.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/isaiah-mckenzie-i-m-going-to-continue-to-seize-the-opportunity

Okay Buffalo Bills fans and Buffalo Bills QB's and WR fantasy fans...how will this shake out. Starting Josh Allen in two leagues still left and have stacked WR's before. Two weeks ago Allen to G Davis and also Allen to Knox has paid off dividends. I do have Kelce in one of the leagues and Gronk in the other with Knox. Good interview with McKenzie. Ideally he says spread the love to everyone.

Diggs and Knox are known commodities. Beasley is a known when healthy to play. Gabriel Davis came on strong and responded big. McKenzie just had a career type game. Can he stay in the line up and keep it going? E Sanders appears to be fading...

What's the early hedge? What will end up being the call come Sunday? With Covid protocols changing it's tough to decipher. Beasley and Davis I believe are both unvaxxed, and what was a week 17 miss could end up being back in play?

Lets say Beasley and Davis are both back, who are the better plays between the 4 (Beasley, Davis, McKenzie, Knox)? The other question is what will coach Sean McDermott do / lean more heavily on? McKenzie AND G Davis both sit on the FA awaiting more news. 

Kind of wondering these things myself @Team Smokin'

McKenzie was not picked up last night and Davis was dropped for Boston Scott. 

:shrug:

Mostly thinking about one of those as a block as my opponent is weak at WR (I'm favored by 10+ at those 3 starters.) Another block that might be a better play is to pickup Chicago DST v NYG, which would improve my opponents lineup by 3.50 points or so.

Kind of wondering these things myself @Team Smokin'

McKenzie was not picked up last night and Davis was dropped for Boston Scott. 

:shrug:

Mostly thinking about one of those as a block as my opponent is weak at WR (I'm favored by 10+ at those 3 starters.) Another block that might be a better play is to pickup Chicago DST v NYG, which would improve my opponents lineup by 3.50 points or so.
Totally understand the moves that might be made. Seems like it takes a lot more understanding and strategy this year more than ever before. And you have to save roster moves just in case. 

Totally understand the moves that might be made. Seems like it takes a lot more understanding and strategy this year more than ever before. And you have to save roster moves just in case. 

I've got 4 COVID cases that might resolve (2 on IR, 2 clogging the roster) so didn't put in any claims bc I'm not sure how much flexibility I'll have.

Probably just moving deck chairs around on the Titanic TBH. I'm a heavy favorite and none of these would change my lineup. Just a due diligence thing, making sure I'm not allowing the other guy easy options.

Grabbed him this morning. Wanted some M. Pittman insurance with Wentz on the Covid list.

Would think both Beasley and Davis clear. Not sure of the value at that point.

I've got 4 COVID cases that might resolve (2 on IR, 2 clogging the roster) so didn't put in any claims bc I'm not sure how much flexibility I'll have.

Probably just moving deck chairs around on the Titanic TBH. I'm a heavy favorite and none of these would change my lineup. Just a due diligence thing, making sure I'm not allowing the other guy easy options.
Yep! Me too. Just seeking to optimize my roster. My roster has too many really good players as well. Insurance, due diligence, and preventing others from maximizing their rosters.

Grabbed him this morning. Wanted some M. Pittman insurance with Wentz on the Covid list.

Yep! Another exact reason. With Pittman being my 3rd WR I am looking for a possible upgrade at WR #3 just in case. I'm eyeing one of these BUF WR's as a possibility. Even watching Elijah Moore for this week. Gotta have some insurance in case a stud or his QB gets the Covid OUT tag. 

Beasley is known to be unvaxxed. Davis was described in August as one “of the most vocal Buffalo Bills regarding their refusal to get the COVID-19 vaccine.” 

Jamaal Williams missed three weeks on the COVID list. Beasley & Davis have been out ten days. But maybe changes in the protocols makes that irrelevant, IDK.

You might be right, maybe they get cleared by Sunday, but not sure it's a slam dunk.

Beasley is known to be unvaxxed. Davis was described in August as one “of the most vocal Buffalo Bills regarding their refusal to get the COVID-19 vaccine.” 

Jamaal Williams missed three weeks on the COVID list. Beasley & Davis have been out ten days. But maybe changes in the protocols makes that irrelevant, IDK.

You might be right, maybe they get cleared by Sunday, but not sure it's a slam dunk.

If the new protocols are retroactive I'd think Beasley and Davis have been on the list for 5 days already. If that's the case and they have self reported that symptoms improve (and the doctor agrees) I don't see why they wouldn't clear.

Think we're going to see more "clearing" vs. anything the next day or two.

I guess we'll see.

From previous quotes, sounds like Beasley thinks this is all ridiculous and he wants to hit the field.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/isaiah-mckenzie-i-m-going-to-continue-to-seize-the-opportunity

Okay Buffalo Bills fans and Buffalo Bills QB's and WR fantasy fans...how will this shake out. Starting Josh Allen in two leagues still left and have stacked WR's before. Two weeks ago Allen to G Davis and also Allen to Knox has paid off dividends. I do have Kelce in one of the leagues and Gronk in the other with Knox. Good interview with McKenzie. Ideally he says spread the love to everyone.

Diggs and Knox are known commodities. Beasley is a known when healthy to play. Gabriel Davis came on strong and responded big. McKenzie just had a career type game. Can he stay in the line up and keep it going? E Sanders appears to be fading...

What's the early hedge? What will end up being the call come Sunday? With Covid protocols changing it's tough to decipher. Beasley and Davis I believe are both unvaxxed, and what was a week 17 miss could end up being back in play?

Lets say Beasley and Davis are both back, who are the better plays between the 4 (Beasley, Davis, McKenzie, Knox)? The other question is what will coach Sean McDermott do / lean more heavily on? McKenzie AND G Davis both sit on the FA awaiting more news. 
If cleared and healthy, Davis is the most likely to be the best out of the bunch IMO.

Davis was previously expected to miss Week 17 as an unvaccinated player, but the NFL's new Covid protocols reduced the isolation period to five days for all players, clearing Davis to play against the Falcons. Davis' role is a bit uncertain with Emmanuel Sanders and Cole Beasley both returning to the lineup. It also doesn't help that Isaiah McKenzie may force his way onto the field for snaps from the slot. Davis has a chance of usurping Emmanuel Sanders' role on the outside, but it's also possible he plays a rotational role in the fantasy championship round.

Anyway, yeah, game over for McKenzie.

Isaiah McKenzie rushed three times for 15 yards and caught a three-yard pass in the Bills' Divisional Round loss to the Chiefs.

Re-signed to a one-year deal last offseason, McKenzie spent most of the year buried on the depth chart as a seldom-used fifth wideout. But he popped up for an 11-125-1 outburst in Week 16 against the Patriots with the Bills missing some key offensive cogs. He had nine catches total in all other regular-season games. McKenzie is blessed with speed and suddenness. Maybe he'll be re-signed again and replace Cole Beasley in the slot next season. McKenzie has a role on offense, but he might need to go elsewhere if he wants more of an opportunity.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Just an early preseason note that might not mean anything, but through 4 days of camp, McKenzie has taken every first team snap so far. And when all the other receivers broke off to work on special teams work, only Diggs, Davis and McKenzie were held out.

Granted, Crowder has been out due to muscle tightness, but McKenzie got all the 1st team reps day 1 when Crowder was healthy as well.

It may not mean that much at this point, but if he becomes the #3 WR in Buffalo’s offense, he has some value.

Just an early preseason note that might not mean anything, but through 4 days of camp, McKenzie has taken every first team snap so far. And when all the other receivers broke off to work on special teams work, only Diggs, Davis and McKenzie were held out.

Granted, Crowder has been out due to muscle tightness, but McKenzie got all the 1st team reps day 1 when Crowder was healthy as well.

It may not mean that much at this point, but if he becomes the #3 WR in Buffalo’s offense, he has some value.
Might be something to it... he did have an 11-125-1 game late last season. Even if Crowder is the #3, it kinda looks like McKenzie is an ascending player and someone they'd like to incorporate a little bit into the offense. Could be a role that's split between the two game-plan specific. Seems like a good real-life football team issue, but maybe not so great if you're interested in either of them for fantasy football. Thanks for the info... these are the little tidbits that have kept me coming back to the Shark Pool for 20+ years...

Might be something to it... he did have an 11-125-1 game late last season. Even if Crowder is the #3, it kinda looks like McKenzie is an ascending player and someone they'd like to incorporate a little bit into the offense. Could be a role that's split between the two game-plan specific. Seems like a good real-life football team issue, but maybe not so great if you're interested in either of them for fantasy football. Thanks for the info... these are the little tidbits that have kept me coming back to the Shark Pool for 20+ years...

I took him as my last rookie/FA dynasty pick this week.  Seems like a better BestBall last pick, but I'll take the chance Crowder never pans out and IM does.

Allen and new OC Ken Dorsey have talked quite a bit about doing more to enable more yards after catch. If that is going to be an emphasis, that plays well to McKenzie’s strengths IMO. 

I kind of think that after Diggs and Davis it becomes more of a jumble for the #3 target between Knox/Cook/whoever is the #3 WR. But something worth keeping an eye on through camp and preseason anyway.

At this point I want to declare, unofficially of course, Isaiah McKenzie as the third wide receiver for this team. He gets a lot of work on offense and looks really good doing it. On Saturday, he made an excellent grab in the back of the end zone for a touchdown from Allen.

McKenzie was running along the back line and had to get up really high for the ball before coming down and making sure that not only one foot was in bounds but that he got a knee down as he went to the ground, as well.

Even if he’s not going to be a factor in the return game, McKenzie looks like he’s going to be a big part of this football team in 2022.

Link

From one of Buffalo’s best reporters.

At this point I want to declare, unofficially of course, Isaiah McKenzie as the third wide receiver for this team. He gets a lot of work on offense and looks really good doing it. On Saturday, he made an excellent grab in the back of the end zone for a touchdown from Allen.

McKenzie was running along the back line and had to get up really high for the ball before coming down and making sure that not only one foot was in bounds but that he got a knee down as he went to the ground, as well.

Even if he’s not going to be a factor in the return game, McKenzie looks like he’s going to be a big part of this football team in 2022.

Link

From one of Buffalo’s best reporters.

The fact Crowder started the preseason game today and McKenzie sat out with the other starters is a great sign.

One of the most obvious sleeper picks in recent memory. Fantasy football CAN be this easy if you draft #3 wrs on top-5 qb offenses.

Shakir is the wild card here IMO. He is going to be a good football player and how quickly he forces the Bill’s to get him on the field will be the key. Shakir although not he biggest can play inside and outside so maybe they will just rotate him around to give guys breathers but he continues to show as he did in week one of preseason it may end up being more of a spread of targets for every one.

Hoping for some clarity on usage of all these non-diggs options in Buffalo. Inherited Knox, drafted shakir, picked McKenzie off waivers. Lotta value, hopefully it’ll be obvious when we can use each of them.

Hoping for some clarity on usage of all these non-diggs options in Buffalo. Inherited Knox, drafted shakir, picked McKenzie off waivers. Lotta value, hopefully it’ll be obvious when we can use each of them.

Davis is the clear #2. Knox will be good for a big play every couple games and a decent number of TDs. McKenzie will be the clear #3 and be the Cole Beasley role for the most part though be a guy they try to get more YAC than Beasley was good for.

Shakir’s value to the team is there as a role player taking some snaps to give the other guys a rest and, if he continues to play well, probably has fantasy value in about 3 years.

Just IMO.

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia writes that Bills WR Isaiah McKenzie was the only slot receiver to take a snap with Josh Allen in Buffalo's second preseason game.​

McKenzie also played as a boundary receiver afterwards, a tell that Buscgalia believes is significant because it tells us who the Bills might play if there's an injury to Gabriel Davis or Stefon Diggs. McKenzie looks likely to be Buffalo's main starting slot ahead of Jamison Crowder, but the idea that he could play outside in the event of an injury should only reinforce his fantasy value.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Aug 21, 2022, 1:50 PM ET

Bills HC Sean McDermott told reporters that he expects WR Isaiah McKenzie to be "ready to go" for Week 1 against the Rams.​

McKenzie picked up a groin injury in practice and missed a week of practice. He's since returned to practice and was listed as a full participant on Monday. He should be the Bills starting slot receiver on Thursday night against the Rams, after running ahead of Jameson Crowder all summer. McKenzie profiles as a viable FLEX play, serving as the Bills' primary yards after catch option over the middle of the field.
SOURCE: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter
Sep 6, 2022, 11:16 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread