What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 superbowl waiver wire (1 Viewer)

Nick Foles
Not a bad add, but he looked like a better NFL QB than fantasy QB this week (10 points). 1 TD in 3 starts. 

And he faces HOU, who has been really good against the pass. Not sure I'd feel good starting him in my super bowl game, however a the same time I'm stuck with Goff or Allen so why not throw Foles in the mix. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ballage.

Baldwin (may not be available in many leagues but is available in my 14-team league given owners giving up on his inconsistency).

I am not confident that any of the Eagles' backfield that might be available (Sproles, Smallwood) would be options I'd be confident in, but for those in desperate need? Who knows.

Jaylen Samuels if he is still available or dropped with Conner returning. Conner won't be 100%, and Samuels earned some reps. Plus playing the Saints.

All of those players are on a roster in my leagues.  I guess if you play in a dynasty league of 12 / 14  teams 24-26 man rosters,, you will probably be only looking at streaming defenses or kickers.

Foster has been red hot.

New England can be thrown on.  Allen's legs change so much for the the defense's focus.  And...at the end of the day it's the Bills, who the hell ya going to focus on?

Keep your eye on the guy going into next season too.

if you are really desperate at RB....with the Rams going against ARZ and Gurley's knee dinged....could be a chance the back up RB gets some play as the Rams should get up early in this one....I think McVay will put his foot on the gas in this one to try and get them back on the high octane offense track.....but maybe not throwing Gurley out there the whole time if he doesn't need too....

:blackdot:

Keep the WR suggestions going, need some help now after Boyd's injury.
Chris Conley might be worth sniff with Watkins still out and I think KC will have to lean on Mahomes and the passing game in this one at SEA....Conley hasn't made a ton of noise since the game against the Rams....but the opportunity is still there....KC running game taking a little hit with Hunt out even tho Williams etc have found the end zone...rushing yards haven't been great

ThaPenguin said:
Jaylen Samuels if he is still available or dropped with Conner returning. Conner won't be 100%, and Samuels earned some reps. Plus playing the Saints.
Saints are basically the best defense in the league right now. Very rough matchup for a RB.

Saints are basically the best defense in the league right now. Very rough matchup for a RB.
Really torn between playing them in the dome or SD vs. BAL. Opponent has Ben and Jaylen, so I'll benefit from NO D playing well regardless, but would double dip the suck if Pitt goes bonkers.

What about this Bills RB Keith Ford who is like fourth string? He should be starting right? Any RB vs Pats is min.RB2 value.

I’ve been hoarding D’s for the past 3 weeks as a defensive strategy. I have jax, NO & Cleveland. Indy is on the ww and looking at them to block & possibly start. Cleveland at home, Hue back in town makes for a possibly delightful matchup. 

Slim Pickens for DST right now. Going dolphins at home vs Jax. Seems about as good a bet as any right now.
agreed with this, or Browns home against the Bengals, or Colts home against the Giants. I have Minny and Jax too so my bench is all kinds of out of whack, but blocking for my opponent who has Houston and has 0 dollars left to bid. 

Sam Darnold.  Green Bay has given up a lot of points on the road this year (at least 24 points in every game) and they are giving up an average of 2.1 TD (27th), 249 yards (21st) on the road.

going with TEN vs WAS

my other option is IND vs NYG

Don't know what the guy in my league is doing. but I'm loving it. he hasn't made any waiver claims

today I picked up

Jamaal williams

Elijah mcguire

Robert foster

colts

vinatieri

going with TEN vs WAS

my other option is IND vs NYG

Don't know what the guy in my league is doing. but I'm loving it. he hasn't made any waiver claims

today I picked up

Jamaal williams

Elijah mcguire

Robert foster

colts

vinatieri
Some guys are just content with their team and do not seem to make move, even as "defense." You'd think he would pick up one or two guys just to make sure you don't get them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to replace Boyd as my WR3.

Yesterday I was thinking Robert Foster. Today I'm leaning Robby Anderson.

Deep reach would be Isiah McKenzie. 

Targets the last two weeks.  McK 7, 7.  Zay 9, 6. Foster 8,5. 

Receptions McK 4,6. Zay 3,1.  Foster 7, 4. 
In a similar decision I went with Anderson.  He is dominating the targets in jet land.   On the contrary if you see above Foster isn't, his production has outpaced typical target:production ratio.  

I ended up grabbing both. Could play either, or Larry Fitz.

Feels like Robby is safer in PPR with the targets he's getting, as Foster does it all on a few chunk plays.

I'm the underdog and have Josh Allen too, might just get crazy and go with the Bills stack.

(Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type this season)

Saints have crushed the run this year. One of the best in the league against the rush. 
This is constantly thrown out there and I don’t understand why. They are 16th in YPG allowed, bottom half in TD’s and have the fifth fewest attempts against because teams are always down and give up on the run. 

This is constantly thrown out there and I don’t understand why. They are 16th in YPG allowed, bottom half in TD’s and have the fifth fewest attempts against because teams are always down and give up on the run. 
They are 2nd in the league in yards per carry which is very impressive - especially given the context you just laid out.  If team are always trailing the Saints then I would expected they yards per carry to be average at best since NO wouldn't care if you run draw plays for 7 or 8 yards or whatever.  Their run D is very good, even if everything you said is true.

Just picked up Ja Williams / Baldwin / Foles / Jets D / Joseph ... should be an interesting finale.

Had to replace Boyd - I ended up picking Daeshawn Hamilton over the other low tier WR's on waivers (Tim Patrick, Danny Amendola, Jamison Crowder, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Anthony Miller, Taywann Taylor)

As an aside, is anyone thinking about adding Kalen Ballage?

fellas i need a wire wire TE.  graham has been trash, and now ian thomas doesn't have a qb.  do you guys have any recommended gems?

fellas i need a wire wire TE.  graham has been trash, and now ian thomas doesn't have a qb.  do you guys have any recommended gems?
My opponent just picked up Everett so he may be available? Otherwise LaCosse is going up against the Raiders. Jarwin has done well the last two weeks and going up against TB so he could be another option. Good luck

My championship opponent dropped Tom Brady to the wire. I have Big Ben but he is starting Antonio and Samuels so I’ve gotta think about that hard.

I feel like he’s asking me to start him.

Users who are viewing this thread