What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (2 Viewers)

Because specific areas in 2009 and Trumps wall idea are two very different things...and this has been explained many times over in this thread yet people keep bringing up that awful comparison.
Sorry I’m not going to weed through hundreds of pages of BS to find an answer. Thank you for the reply

Sorry I’m not going to weed through hundreds of pages of BS to find an answer. Thank you for the reply
It’s probably been explained in any number of news websites either as it’s been the typical incorrect talking point from Trumo and the right.

Wondering if/when the Feds are going to fight back (especially the ones still getting paid, like me).

There's really nothing the Gov can do if I decide to participate in a sick-out on every workday that starts with a "T".  Would be happy to do so, and wander downtown and stand around with a couple hundred thousand of my peers.  Would that be counter-productive?  Not sure - I kind of think all Americans should feel the pain.  So many think we're dogcrap anyway, what would be the harm?  Kind of feel like we need to flex our flaccid muscles.

So we’re not just starting off fresh, but we have large numbers of miles that we have to do. And we can’t let gaps. Because if you have gaps, those people are going to turn their vehicles, or the gangs -- they’re going to coming in through those gaps. And we cannot let that happen.
- Trump at his last press conference at the White House.

A.  There was no electoral landslide.  Lie #1

B.  Mexico paying for it was the centerpiece of the wall.

C.  A majority of Americans were against him, frowning numbers disapprove of him, and a majority oppose the wall.  So saying the people have spoken to build the wall is another lie.

D.  The wall/immigration was a cemterpoint in the midterms and the democrats do pretty well that day.  The people have spoken and the wall is not what they want.
A. False

B. Explained many times how savings from the strain this flood of illegals is put on our country will pay for wall hundreds of times over.  

C. False. Trump won. 

D. False. Republicans strengthened their Senate majority. 

A. False

B. Explained many times how savings from the strain this flood of illegals is put on our country will pay for wall hundreds of times over.  

C. False. Trump won. 

A.  46th of 58 elections.  Link to prove you are repeating a lie and this has been pointed out to you many times.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/18/us/elections/donald-trump-electoral-college-popular-vote.html

Continuing to post blatant falsehoods is not excellent of you.

B. 1st off there has been zero factual discussion to show how any savings would occur at all much less pay for the wall.  In addition that isn’t Mexico paying for it.  So you are posting falsehoods yet again.

C. Umm he won but that does not make my post false.  H did not win a majority of votes, the wall is increasingly unpopular as is he.  My post is spot on accurate.

D. Not false...again the Democrats picked up a large number of seats in the House (more than Republicans gained in the Senate). You seem not not understand statistics, or what true and false even mean.  Again, you are posting actual falsehoods.  That’s not good.

A. False

C. False. Trump won. 

Really? Then please explain and provide links with historical examples and actual numbers of how Trump's 2016 win could in any way be considered an electoral landslide.

I'll hang up and listen:

:popcorn:

In your opinion.  

Unfortunately, Pelosi is playing political games with the livelihood of many Americans just to say she is part of some resistance.  The wall was the centerpiece of Trump’s 2016 electoral landslide.  The people have spoken.  Build the wall.  
The people spoke again during the midterms. Elections have consequences. 

A. False

C. False. Trump won. 

Lol on point b.  Get Mexico to pay for the fiasco or pound sand. 

:lol:   Was this posted yet?

People Bet On How Much Trump Would Lie In His Oval Office Address And Won $276,424

A gambling site is paying out thousands of dollars to people who correctly bet that President Donald Trump would tell more than 3.5 lies in his Oval Office address on Tuesday.

Bookmaker.eu asked people to wager on the president's truthfulness, offering odds of -145 for more than 3.5 lies and +115 for less than 3.5 lies. That means if a person bet $145 dollars that Trump would lie at least four times, they would win $100.

And some people won big. Odds consultant John Lester told BuzzFeed News the site will lose $276,424, with 92% of its bettors correctly wagering that Trump would lie a lot.

"It's a bad day for Truthiness and Bookmaker," he said. "We knew we were in trouble early with this one."

The site used the Washington Post's Fact Checker as the arbiter of Trump's truth and lies. The Post's live blog has corrected six statements that Trump made during the televised address seeking a border wall. (Here's the reality of what's going on at the border.)

Lester said Bookmaker expected Trump to lie, but that it had also factored in the time constraints the president would be under in delivering Tuesday's speech.

"We figured the president's strategy going in would be a bit of fear mongering to create pressure on the Democrats to approve the funding of the wall (or barrier), however the president was also constrained by an approximate 8-minute time limit," Lester said. "With all the cable networks agreeing to air the speech, it came down to, how many times is the president willing to exaggerate the truth to accomplish his agenda, when he knows the world will be scrutinizing his every word?"

The maximum online wager was set at $2,000, but Lester said a few of the site's clients bet more upon request. The biggest bets of the night rang in at $25,000, $20,000, and $15,000 — all in favor of Trump telling more lies.

:lol:   Was this posted yet?

People Bet On How Much Trump Would Lie In His Oval Office Address And Won $276,424

A gambling site is paying out thousands of dollars to people who correctly bet that President Donald Trump would tell more than 3.5 lies in his Oval Office address on Tuesday.

Bookmaker.eu asked people to wager on the president's truthfulness, offering odds of -145 for more than 3.5 lies and +115 for less than 3.5 lies. That means if a person bet $145 dollars that Trump would lie at least four times, they would win $100.

And some people won big. Odds consultant John Lester told BuzzFeed News the site will lose $276,424, with 92% of its bettors correctly wagering that Trump would lie a lot.

"It's a bad day for Truthiness and Bookmaker," he said. "We knew we were in trouble early with this one."

The site used the Washington Post's Fact Checker as the arbiter of Trump's truth and lies. The Post's live blog has corrected six statements that Trump made during the televised address seeking a border wall. (Here's the reality of what's going on at the border.)

Lester said Bookmaker expected Trump to lie, but that it had also factored in the time constraints the president would be under in delivering Tuesday's speech.

"We figured the president's strategy going in would be a bit of fear mongering to create pressure on the Democrats to approve the funding of the wall (or barrier), however the president was also constrained by an approximate 8-minute time limit," Lester said. "With all the cable networks agreeing to air the speech, it came down to, how many times is the president willing to exaggerate the truth to accomplish his agenda, when he knows the world will be scrutinizing his every word?"

The maximum online wager was set at $2,000, but Lester said a few of the site's clients bet more upon request. The biggest bets of the night rang in at $25,000, $20,000, and $15,000 — all in favor of Trump telling more lies.
Well now you post it. THAT WAS A LOCK

its not about money, its not about stopping drugs, stopping illegals, securing the border .... this is about Trump's side saying we need this border security measure and the Democrats side refusing to give Trump a win

https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews/videos/1991626867600589/
Why? Why should we give him a win? I want what's best for America, not giving Trump a "Win". Trump doesn't care about the wall, he just wants his win. I don't care about massaging his tender ego, suck it up and do what is best for the country. But we know that will never happen because he only cares for himself.

In your opinion.  

Unfortunately, Pelosi is playing political games with the livelihood of many Americans just to say she is part of some resistance.  The wall was the centerpiece of Trump’s 2016 electoral landslide.  The people have spoken.  Build the wall.  
Trump is refusing to sign bipartisan legislation to keep the government open.   McConnell is refusing to allow it to go to a vote.  That's on them.   The majority of Americans don't want a wall.   The people have spoken.

[scooter] said:
Do you want your party's motto to be "the party of fiscal responsibility" or do you just want it to be "the party of they-did-it-first"?
I don't have a party.

I should have known not to come into this cesspool. I forgot no one can discuss anything just bash.

Lesson learned.

Can someone from the left explain this to me? Has Chuck simply changed his mind? If so, what prompted the change? 

Ryan Saavedra @realsaavedra 

Chuck Schumer tonight: Trump’s border wall is “ineffective” and “unnecessary” 

Chuck Schumer in 2009: "630 miles of border fence" made our southern border "far more secure" because it "created a significant barrier to illegal immigration"
Nothing to see here.  He is a Democrat so he "evolved", which is complete BS.  It is because a Republican is in the White House.

Users who are viewing this thread