What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Championship Week Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Is anyone starting David Johnson? He was useless after that first drive last week...and other weeks where the coaches forget about him or they fall behind and throw (feels like we'll get both this week).

Must start 2 RBs...pickings are slim:  Michel, Conner /Samuels, Ware, pick up Elijah Maquire?
I’m rolling him out in my third place game. But I dont have any other options.  

Struggling to make a claim on defense between Miami hosting Kessler and the Jags or Cleveland hosting Cincy.

Both look nice, O/U implies 17 points for Jax and 19 for Cincy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going for back to back Championships in my 1 pt ppr league 

QB/ Rivers v Balt-tough D or pick up Allen v NE? I think Allen can run and pass on NE. Can Rivers pass against Balt tough D? Possibly no KA this week

RB/ Kamara & Chubb-set here

WR/ Tyreek/Cooks/Hilton-set here

TE/ Uzomah-think I’m gonna stick with him. Cinncy doesn’t have much left to throw to and they might be chasing pts all day. But could pick up Watson v weak against TE pass D Pitt or Thomas/Car or Jarwin Dallas v TB. Not sure what to do about TE

Flex/ Robby Anderson/Tyler Lockett/DJ Moore/Justin Jackson/Kenneth Dixon. Not sure who to go with here. Have Anderson in right now.

K/ have Butker in right now but Lutz is out there. Do I go get Lutz instead?

D/ Been Chicago all season for me but don’t like them this week. Picked up Miami. Hope I’m not getting too cute.

Is anyone starting David Johnson? He was useless after that first drive last week...and other weeks where the coaches forget about him or they fall behind and throw (feels like we'll get both this week).

Must start 2 RBs...pickings are slim:  Michel, Conner /Samuels, Ware, pick up Elijah Maquire?
I am in one league. Assuming Gordon is back, my SD RBs are unstartable.  So that leaves me DJ, Conner and Breida/Wilson.  I don’t want to play a SF RB at CHI.  

ETA: I am going to try and grab J Williams.  I don’t have any FAAB, so I have to pray he clears waivers.  

SLEEPERS WEEK 16 

here are some guys I like: 

QB -- Josh Allen @ NE 

RB -- Mike Davis v. KC, Zac Zenner v. MIN

Leonard Fournette*** thoughts?

Unless they come out and outright say he is getting 25 touches next week, which I doubt, I think I have him behind all of my guys, which sucks so bad in this juicy match-up.

PPR, have him behind:

Carson, Conner (if he plays), Mack, prob Alshon Jeffrey, and possibly Gus Edwards or Sony Michel. 
Benching Fournette and David Johnson this week, for Henry and Carson.

I don’t trust LF at all. 

1 Point PPR

QB (leaning Brees at home but trending down...)

Starter: Brees

Bench:  Watson 

Waiver: Prescott, Jackson, Allen

RB (do I chance the Ware/Williams share? )

Starter: A. Kamara , S. Ware

Bench: D. Williams, P. Barber, J. Richard

Waiver: N. Hines, K. Ballage , D. Sproles , M. Davis

WR (All set)

Starters: D. Hopkins, A. Thielen, 

Bench: C. Davis

TE (All set)

Starter: Z. Ertz

Bench: D. Njoku

FLEX (has to be Edelman, right?)

Starter: J. Edelman

Bench: D. Williams, P. Barber, J. Richard, C. Davis, Njoku

Waiver: N. Hines, K. Ballage , D. Sproles , M. Davis, D Hamilton

TD (Broncos, but they scare me a bit with a lame duck coach and nothing to play for)

Starter: Broncos

Bench: Ravens

Waiver: Colts, Browns , Cowboys, Packers 

Need two RBs out of these in standard:

Michel vs Buf

Gus @ LAC

T. Coleman @ Car

Need a Def:

Clev vs Cin - Leaning this.  No Green or Boyd and it's Driskel at QB.

NE vs Buf - Had stashed them for weeks incase I made the ship.  But Josh Allen has been playing well.  Vegas projects lowest point against out of the others listed.

Dal vs TB - Depending on Winston throwing picks.  Plus we all know how good Dal D can be.

NO vs Pitt - I used them last week but it was against Cam with an injured shoulder.  However they have been a top D 2nd half of the year.

Thanks to Henry blowing up, my starting decision is getting difficult in my PPR dynasty league. Here are my locks (we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex)

Luck

Elliot

Hill, Hopkins, Julio

Kelce

So I have to start a 2nd RB and then flex can be 3rd RB or 4th WR. Who would you start from this group?

Henry vs Redskins (juicy matchup and no denying how well he's playing now)

Lindsay vs Raiders (has been great all year save last week, but this matchup looks ideal)

Mike Evans @ Cowboys 

Right now I'm actually leaning towards benching Evans and starting Henry and Lindsay. Is that crazy? Or which RB do you bench if you start Evans at the flex?

Thanks for thoughts and good luck everyone! 

Another PPR scoring league 

Pick 1 RB from:

DJ vs Rams, Lindsay @ Raiders, or T. Coleman @ Panthers 

Pick 1 WR from:

DJ Moore vs Falcons, Callaway vs Bengals, Nelson vs Broncos, or Shepard at Colts 

And finally pick 1 WR in PPR:

Callaway vs Bengals 

Crowder @ Titans 

Samuel vs Falcons

I like Samuel's matchup but think Cam won't play (and if he does he's been awful) so does that make Callaway the start here? 

QB:

Wentz had been my QB, dropped him and started Trubisky last week, happy with the outcome. This week at QB, I'm debating:

Trubisky @ SF who has been generous to QBs this season. O/U is 44 so that is a little on the low side and Bears are giving 5, implying a score of 24-20.

Mayfield vs Cincy - He torched them in Cincy a few weeks ago. O/U is 46 and the Browns are giving 7, implying a score of about 27-20. Leaning in this direction.

Jackson @ SD - Run first team with him at QB, but he gives you the rushing upside. O/U is 45 and Balt is getting 4.5, implying a score of about 25-20. 

Allen @ NE -  Just a gut feeling on him as the oddsmakers don't have good lines for him. 45.5 O/U and the Bills getting 13, implying they only score 17 points.

RB/WR:

James Conner - jury is still out, have to see what he does at practice this week, if he is active, etc. Highest O/U in the NFL in this game of 56. Pitt getting 5.5 implying they score about 26, does Conner find the end zone, does Samuels steal the catches?

Fournette - not much to be said, outside of Bell, biggest waste of a first round pick in 2018. Think he sits on the bench.

Marlon Mack - Bad Giants defense, 10 pt favorite, coming off a solid week against a bad defense, think he is in. Odds have them implied to score 28 points this week.

Sony Michel - See Josh Allen above, Pats big favorites, game script could yield him a lot of touches and possibly finding the end zone. 

Chris Carson - Does Penny play? Do the Seahawks fall behind? Both would be a negative here. O/U 54 and implied score for Hawks is 25 points.

Alshon Jeffrey - Foles seems to actually look his way much more than Wentz. The Houston defense is legit, game is a pick, O/U is 45. 

I need to start 3 from above.

Defense:

I had Den stashed for their game at Oakland this week, but am now considering Indy home against NYG, fresh off of a blanking of Dallas and in the thick of the playoff hunt. 
I think you go Mayfield at QB.  I could see Trubisky having a huge game.  I could see the bears running the ball well, and Trubisky having 0 TD's on the day.

Jackson--just don't think you can trust him at this point in his career--great rushing, not a great passer

Allen:  I actually like him.  I just worry Belechick will scheme and get to him and he has a down day. 

RB:

Conner if he plays.  I like Mack and the Colts offense in general.

Fournette--I'm starting him where I have him.  I understand the hesitancy.  I think you've got to watch for any news/quotes coming out about the situation.

Def:  Colts are fine.  If Dallas or TN is available on the waiver wire, I'd look at them

Been browsing through this thread looking at the defenses people are considering.  My waiver wire has a lot of this week's favorites.  How would you rank these D's?  All are available.

New England vs BUF

Dallas vs TB

Indianapolis vs NYG

Miami vs JAX

Cleveland vs CIN

Denver @ OAK (currently on my roster)

Have a few tough decisions:

Need 1: Baldwin, Fournette, Ingram, DeSean Hamilton

Need 1: Drake, Jordy Nelson, or AP

Landry has 5 weeks of 10+ (non-PPR) points all season, with games of 1.1, 3.9, 5.0, 2.2, 3.0 and 3.7 over his last 9 games. That's a pretty low floor to me.  Westbrook has a few stinkers too, but only 4 games below 9.8 in that same span.  I mean it's my WR3 in a 16-team league, so I can't expect double digits every week.

WW bids out for Tim Patrick and Josh Reynolds.
I did not own Landry this year, and did not realize he had that many stinker games.  I did own Westbrook (as well as Cole), and it just felt like the JAC WR's as a group were a real crap shoot this year.  But, the numbers don't lie. I thought Landry had been better than that.  

Been browsing through this thread looking at the defenses people are considering.  My waiver wire has a lot of this week's favorites.  How would you rank these D's?  All are available.

New England vs BUF 5

Dallas vs TB 3

Indianapolis vs NYG 1

Miami vs JAX 2

Cleveland vs CIN 4

Denver @ OAK (currently on my roster) 6

seems like a lot of star players with minor injuries are going to be rested this week because their teams are out of it.... making the case for moving champiionships to week 15

Vikings @ Lions

Pats vs. Bills

Cowboys vs. Bucs

Browns  vs. Cinci

Dolphins vs. Jacksonville

* Normally I like teams that are at home and have to play for something against a team that's out of it.  Many options this week.

Points allowed in this league doesn't matter,  Which of these D's do you think hold the opponent to under 100 team rushing yards and gets a few sacks, INT's along the way?

5 points for under 100 rushing,  5 more for under 150 passing, sacks, INT's and FR's are all one point.  TD's are six.  1 per 0.1 return yards on INTs.

Also staying away from Keenan Allen?
This is my biggest concern of the week - afraid Allen will be active but just a decoy.  I'm in a 14 team and traded away any depth I had at all in order to go all out for studs at the trade deadline.  Allen is my flex and I've got DJ Moore and a bunch of handcuffs behind him, so my starting lineup takes a huge hit without him.  I know, that's the gamble when you swap depth for studs...  

####! If Newton sits, has to be a downgrade to CMC.

I mean, no chance he isn't your top dawg, but expectations have to now come down a bit.

I mean, no chance he isn't your top dawg, but expectations have to now come down a bit.
i'm not so sure. Atlanta is not very good. I am little concerned at the motivation of the Panthers, but had Cam, CMC, and Moore for these playoffs. Picked up Heinicke yesterday so may just say F it and go balls out and start all 3 hoping they are motivated.

not necessarily.

Newton is a better fullback (read: goalline/short yardage) than CMC. He could see an increase in goal line touchdowns and I'd imagine backup QBs check down more than starters.

League One (ppr, 1/2/2/1 FLEX):

QB: Mahomes

RB: Coleman, Ware/Williams, Conner, L Miller (McGuire, J Williams on waivers)

WR: Hopkins, Brown, C. Davis, R. Anderson

TE: Z. Ertz

not sure what to do about my RBs. Flex will probably be my #3 RB.

League Two (ppr, 1/2/2/1 FLEX): 

QB: Watson, Trubisky

RB: Gurley, C. Carson, T. Cohen, E. McGuire, G. Edwards

WR: T. Hill, Smith-Schuster, A. Robinson

TE: Kelce, Brate

League 3 (PPR, 1/2/3(WR/TE) SUPERFLEX):

QB: Jackson, Allen, Mariota, Winston

RB: Gurley, McCaffrey, White, Clement, Johnson

WR: Hopkins, Kelce, C. Davis, J. Gordon

(unsure about my Superflex here. Also unsure about C. Davis or J. Gordon)

League 3 is technically the semifinals (they play week 17, its a league from the mid 90s and old habits and all). The other two are the finals. Just want to brag about being in the championship in 2 out of 3 leagues and still alive in the third. Definitely my best year and I've been playing Fantasy Football for like 25 years...

I think you go Mayfield at QB.  I could see Trubisky having a huge game.  I could see the bears running the ball well, and Trubisky having 0 TD's on the day.

Jackson--just don't think you can trust him at this point in his career--great rushing, not a great passer

Allen:  I actually like him.  I just worry Belechick will scheme and get to him and he has a down day. 
I'll be driving myself crazy between now and game time deciding between Trubisky, Jackson and Allen. 

Currently leaning Trubisky with Allen as a close 2nd. 

PPR league, I need pick two of the following for my 2 flex spots:

Damien Williams @ SEA : even if Ware plays, I think there's still value here. His week 14 stat line gives me hope. 

Doug Martin vs OAK :  tough match-up plus OAK stinks plus I really don't want to rely on this guy to wrap up the championship for me on Monday night. 

Kalen Ballage vs. JAX : what's the deal with Kenyon Drake and which JAX defense shows up? I have no idea how he's going to be used. 

Kenneth Dixon @ LAC :  was hoping to see more from him last week but it seemed like the running game flowed through Jackson/Edwards. I think the game script vs LAC favors Dixon over Edwards though. They'll be playing from behind and will need to throw the ball more and Dixon seems to be the pass catching back.  

Am I the only one stressing about kicker? I'm playing against Fairbain who scored 22pts last week. I have Myers. Chiefs guy and Crosby are available. 

Gottabesweet said:
Vikings @ Lions

Pats vs. Bills

Cowboys vs. Bucs

Browns  vs. Cinci

Dolphins vs. Jacksonville

* Normally I like teams that are at home and have to play for something against a team that's out of it.  Many options this week.

Points allowed in this league doesn't matter,  Which of these D's do you think hold the opponent to under 100 team rushing yards and gets a few sacks, INT's along the way?

5 points for under 100 rushing,  5 more for under 150 passing, sacks, INT's and FR's are all one point.  TD's are six.  1 per 0.1 return yards on INTs.
Based on that criteria, I go Vikings. No Kerryon. I think they can stuff Blount, Riddick, etc well enough to keep yards < 100. Should be able to get after Stafford a little bit. Maybe a pick or strip sack.

Am I the only one stressing about kicker? I'm playing against Fairbain who scored 22pts last week. I have Myers. Chiefs guy and Crosby are available. 
I am in the finals against the #7 seed who only got to the finals because of Fairbairn's magical semi-final week.  The only other decent players in his lineup are Ezekiel Elliot, Tom Brady (who I traded to him), Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett (who I traded to him).  And yet...I just have this feeling that it will be Fairbairn, Brady and Lockett who beat me.  Hoping my Zeurlein can offset his Fairbairn and that Davante Adams (who I got in the trade for Brady and Lockett) can put a dent in those two.

1) Starting to look like Connor is trending OUT. Samuels should start stat-correcting on sites tomorrow if you own him.
2) D.J. Moore owners have a dilemma as whether to start him with Cam shut down. Taylor Heinecke is not good but It's Atlanta (may shut it down) and never underestimate the value of 4th quarter garbage time. Plus, it's not like he's projected for that many points across sites. In deeper leagues there should be higher ceiling WRs available though.

1) Starting to look like Connor is trending OUT. Samuels should start stat-correcting on sites tomorrow if you own him.
2) D.J. Moore owners have a dilemma as whether to start him with Cam shut down. Taylor Heinecke is not good but It's Atlanta (may shut it down) and never underestimate the value of 4th quarter garbage time. Plus, it's not like he's projected for that many points across sites. Plus even in deeper league there should be higher ceiling WRs available.
It's been a strong 24 hours of steady good news for Team No Manning No Prob (OBJ not practicing, Conner out, Gurley good to go on Sunday, Williams, Ballage and Tenny D easy acquisitions from waivers).  I wouldn't even count the Cam benching as bad news for D.J. Moore as he'll have a QB with a functioning arm throwing to him.  Not liking my team's chances at all right now.

I did something last week to mess with the juju of the Cowboys. I picked Maher as my kicker. He got me -2 points and I won by 2.3. but it was worth it to have the Cowboys win streak end and somehow scrap by with a win.

I'm doing it again. Should I go with a statistically better kicker? Sure. Especially in a league that penalizes misses. But it would be great if this facilitated another cowboy loss. I already have money in the bank for runner up. It defies all conventional logic but the fan in me wants to in some way mess with the cowboys.

Andrew74 said:
. Assuming Gordon is back, 
That's huge for us. 

If he is slated to start do you trust him?

I need the upside so I'm pretty sure I have to roll with him. Other options are Cohen, Carson, Mack and Michel. Start 2 or 3.  Really not sure at this point but leaning Gordon and Cohen. 

WR - pretty sure I'm rolling with Roby Anderson. Mike Williams if Allen is out, Tyler lockett or Robert Foster. 

TE - brate, Ian Thomas or Hooper? Probably Hooper but not sure. 

So many decisions!

Rodgers vs Rivers vs Foles 

FBG all over the rankings here.  

Starting Melvin Gordon and potentially K Allen if it matters.  Opponent has Adams. 

ffmail4me said:
Right now I'm actually leaning towards benching Evans and starting Henry and Lindsay. Is that crazy?
Not crazy to me - as I was reading through you post I thought I would sit M. Evans of those three.

I grabbed Butker from the Chiefs for my kicker. I'm playing against Mahomes and I figured if I have his kicker it essentially drops Mahomes TDs one point when the extra point goes in. 

Been using Cousins and Lamar Jackson the last few weeks. Not too excited about either of them for Week 16 (Cousins at Detroit, Jackson at LAC) and I'm a 15 point underdog.

Looking at who's available on FA, my options are: Darnold vs GB, Mariota vs Washington, Carr vs Denver, Foles vs Houston.  Right now I'm leaning towards Darnold with Foles a close second. Thoughts are welcome.

Andrew74 said:
Okay I’ll preface this that the league is dynasty before I get the finger or “can I play in your league” comments.  :D

QB - Brees or Ryan?  I can’t bring myself to bench Brees at home but the last 3 weeks have been baaaaaad.  Facing Mahomes so I need a solid game. 

RB - I have 4 RBs and can start 3.  Gurley, Gordon, Kamara and Chubb. Yes, cry me a river.  I know Gurley is a lock if he’s active. Gordon would be too, but is he a full load and the match up is meh.  Kamara has upside but with Lutz, too, I live and die with NO.  Then not sure I can bench Chubb - he was 120 and 2 in cincy week 12 (I believe).  

TE - I cant bench Ertz right?  Other option is Njoku.  
I have Brees or WAtson.

has Brees historically had a bad 3 away game trot to magically blow up at home before?

NO also have injuries on the Oline that doesn't sound good 

i have Big Ben in another matchup so a shootout would be ace

With the Panthers sitting Cam are the Falcons worth a start? I've never heard of the guy thier starting. Taylor Heineke? 

With the Panthers sitting Cam are the Falcons worth a start? I've never heard of the guy thier starting. Taylor Heineke? 
Absolutely they’re worth a start. Look at what they did against Arizona. The Panthers line isn’t as bad as the Cardinals but with a QB with not a lot of options other than McCaffrey they can stack the box and force Heineken to throw to a questionable receiving group.

That being said, pick up the Browns. They’re available in the league.

Got in comfortably with the #2 seed and a bye, then crushed my Panthers-heavy opponent last week (Cam, McCaffrey, Thomas, DJ Moore) as he also got nothing out of Lindsay and Jarvis Landry.

I will be the decided underdog this week against the #1 (11-2) team who has great matchups with Chubb, Derrick Henry, and Saquon, and who also has Kelce, Deshaun Watson and Juju. Oh well, I'll give it a go.

Most of my lineup is locked in, looking for advice at 1 spot (flex). My QB is Luck, RBs are Kamara and Mixon, WRs are Diggs and Hill. I have noone at TE sigh. Brate prolly.

Who would you advise I choose for Flex?

David Johnson (I can see a very negative game script against a fired-up Rams)

Mark Ingram (Saints have to get going again right?)

Kenny Golladay (Can I trust Stafford to look his way a lot again this week?)

Jaylen Samuels (Connor sounds very iffy and McCaffrey did well against them last week)

Damien Williams (looking like Ware plays this week, so probably not)

Got in comfortably with the #2 seed and a bye, then crushed my Panthers-heavy opponent last week (Cam, McCaffrey, Thomas, DJ Moore) as he also got nothing out of Lindsay and Jarvis Landry.

I will be the decided underdog this week against the #1 (11-2) team who has great matchups with Chubb, Derrick Henry, and Saquon, and who also has Kelce, Deshaun Watson and Juju. Oh well, I'll give it a go.

Most of my lineup is locked in, looking for advice at 1 spot (flex). My QB is Luck, RBs are Kamara and Mixon, WRs are Diggs and Hill. I have noone at TE sigh. Brate prolly.

Who would you advise I choose for Flex?

David Johnson (I can see a very negative game script against a fired-up Rams)

Mark Ingram (Saints have to get going again right?)

Kenny Golladay (Can I trust Stafford to look his way a lot again this week?)

Jaylen Samuels (Connor sounds very iffy and McCaffrey did well against them last week)

Damien Williams (looking like Ware plays this week, so probably not)
samuels for sure as connor wont play, playing yahoo by chance? you can start him at TE and slide Williams in at flex.

Been using Cousins and Lamar Jackson the last few weeks. Not too excited about either of them for Week 16 (Cousins at Detroit, Jackson at LAC) and I'm a 15 point underdog.

Looking at who's available on FA, my options are: Darnold vs GB, Mariota vs Washington, Carr vs Denver, Foles vs Houston.  Right now I'm leaning towards Darnold with Foles a close second. Thoughts are welcome.
agreed, start darnold and hope for the best. 

I have Mahomes and Chicago D but I also have Big Ben and NE D.

Matchup says think about it but ....that seems wrong and it was wrong when I did it before.  No way do I want to lose benching superstuds.

At flex I think Mack keeps Sony,  Alshon, Demarius and Breida on the bench.

yes my team was ridiculously stacked this year.

Users who are viewing this thread