What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (2 Viewers)

17.5 million in ten days, or 1.75 million per day. At that rate it will take 571 days to reach 1 billion. 2857 days (about 8 years) to reach the 5 billion Trump is asking for in this year's budget, and 12342 days (just under 34 years) to reach the 21.6 billion that DHS estimates the border wall would cost. And it ain't gonna continue at that rate.

Just for the heck of it: It costs about $15,000 to settle a refugee in the United States. $17.5 million could resettle 1,133 refugees, about a third of the total number of Central American refugees admitted in 2016.  And once they are resettled, the average refugee pays more in taxes than they receive in entitlements (same link). 

If you want to be part of the solution this holiday season, here is a link to a UN page that has links to national refugee resettlement organizations as well as a pass-through link to find ones that work in your area. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

GoFundMe refunds money in a different scam ... maybe presaging what will happen here.

https://abc11.com/gofundme-donors-refunded-in-scam-involving-homeless-vet/4965095/
>>The Bordentown couple denied the allegations, claiming they were wary of giving Bobbitt large sums because they feared he would buy drugs. Bobbitt sued the couple over alleged mismanagement of the funds, claiming they had complete control over his money and had used thousands of it to go on lavish trips, shopping sprees and gambling.<<

- What mechanism does GoFundMe have to verify any of its users’ missions? Set up fund, drive fundraising, get money. Is there anything else in between?

17.5 million in ten days, or 1.75 million per day. At that rate it will take 571 days to reach 1 billion. 2857 days (about 8 years) to reach the 5 billion Trump is asking for in this year's budget, and 12342 days (just under 34 years) to reach the 21.6 billion that DHS estimates the border wall would cost. And it ain't gonna continue at that rate.

Just for the heck of it: It costs about $15,000 to settle a refugee in the United States. $17.5 million could resettle 1,133 refugees, about a third of the total number of Central American refugees admitted in 2016.  And once they are resettled, the average refugee pays more in taxes than they receive in entitlements (same link). 

If you want to be part of the solution this holiday season, here is a link to a UN page that has links to national refugee resettlement organizations as well as a pass-through link to find ones that work in your area. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
And this is all assuming the cost stays the same over 30 years and the government gets it done on budget :lmao:  

But how do we pay for resettlement?  BUILD THE WALL!

Can we raise the level of dialogue here?
let me expand on that

Democrats want to keep illegally here people here and the border open so more can come across. They do this in many ways ..... sanctuary cities, giving drivers licenses to illegals, etc etc.

Its well known and argued by pro-illegally here people that the USA NEEDS that low wage work force. Its outside US Labor laws, its illegal ...... and those illegally here people working those jobs? They don't get benefits, OT, they are outside US labor laws and can be treated however the employers want to treat them and they always have a foot on their throats to shut up, do the work, take the low pay or get turned in to ICE or lose the job etc. That's exploitation, it economic slavery, its horrible, unacceptable and that Democrats fight so hard to keep it ...... draw your own conclusion but its exactly what it appears. Democrats WANT to keep that illegal, cheap, unskilled labor and the people? They want to keep them illegal, keep them uneducated, underpaid, outside US labor laws and its despicable IMO and the most criminal part ? For decades since Bill Clinton Democrats have talked how the USA has to get control of the illegally here people and the border and then do exactly the opposite.

Now as for the go fund me wall - its never going to happen, and it shouldn't happen. Personal funding for something the Fed Govt does isn't going to work.

let me expand on that

Democrats want to keep illegally here people here and the border open so more can come across. They do this in many ways ..... sanctuary cities, giving drivers licenses to illegals, etc etc.

Its well known and argued by pro-illegally here people that the USA NEEDS that low wage work force. Its outside US Labor laws, its illegal ...... and those illegally here people working those jobs? They don't get benefits, OT, they are outside US labor laws and can be treated however the employers want to treat them and they always have a foot on their throats to shut up, do the work, take the low pay or get turned in to ICE or lose the job etc. That's exploitation, it economic slavery, its horrible, unacceptable and that Democrats fight so hard to keep it ...... draw your own conclusion but its exactly what it appears. Democrats WANT to keep that illegal, cheap, unskilled labor and the people? They want to keep them illegal, keep them uneducated, underpaid, outside US labor laws and its despicable IMO and the most criminal part ? For decades since Bill Clinton Democrats have talked how the USA has to get control of the illegally here people and the border and then do exactly the opposite.

Now as for the go fund me wall - its never going to happen, and it shouldn't happen. Personal funding for something the Fed Govt does isn't going to work.
Dems don’t want open borders, and they aren’t encouraging people to immigrate here illegally, but want to ensure their humane treatment and basic rights once here. These are people who mostly want exactly what we do (good life, good job, safety) but lost the birthplace lottery. 

let me expand on that

A couple things just occurred to me while reading this, um, post?

1.  You don't know what the term sanctuary city actually means.

2.  You don't realize that the GOP too wants their followers to be as dumb as possible.

that guy is going to get rich off this...

There is a lot of money being had cashing in on Trump followers naivety
Although there's something very funny about these kind of taxes on certain people, I still think thereshould be serious penalties for people who take advantage of other people's fears and naivity for-profit. I hope this guy ends up in jail and the 17 million dollars goes to homeless veterans or juvenile Cancer.

You just know the guy is scheming up ways that will allow him to keep at least some of this money.

Administrative costs to coordinate this campaign?

Using all the money to start some scam non-profit that will lobby for the wall and tighter border security?

You just know the guy is scheming up ways that will allow him to keep at least some of this money.

Administrative costs to coordinate this campaign?

Using all the money to start some scam non-profit that will lobby for the wall and tighter border security?
Well, he already set up a website which I'm sure he'll keep active long after the GoFundMe thing is inevitably shut down. He'll be able to use that site to launch more fundraisers, but this time he can use the same tactics that he tried to use for his fake lawsuits against Facebook ("We need money to fight the bad guys who are trying to shut us down!", yada yada yada). And his new mailing list of eager donors will happily give him more and more money. He can basically create a neverending cycle of faux predicaments to ask for a neverending stream of donations.

Dems don’t want open borders, and they aren’t encouraging people to immigrate here illegally, but want to ensure their humane treatment and basic rights once here. These are people who mostly want exactly what we do (good life, good job, safety) but lost the birthplace lottery. 
when you see Democrats fighting hard for sanctuary cities, fighting hard to get illegals benefits from drivers licenses to Govt aid to IRS refunds, reporting ICE raids to stop deportations, even lobbying to disband ICE altogether .... and now, fighting hard to keep border security from being a top priority

saying one thing but the actions clearly shows something very different

when you see Democrats fighting hard for sanctuary cities, fighting hard to get illegals benefits from drivers licenses to Govt aid to IRS refunds, reporting ICE raids to stop deportations, even lobbying to disband ICE altogether .... and now, fighting hard to keep border security from being a top priority

It's not easy having sympathy for other humans but someone has to do it.

Because increased border security and the wall are not a top priority.

He will not. Gofundme will never allow it. He would quickly end up in jail just like new jersey couple. 
It's not through gofundme, it's going to be from all his appearances on the various right wing shows and right wing rallies.  He's the rights next big thing

What do any of these have to do with the border?

It's not easy having sympathy for other humans but someone has to do it.
7 billion on this planet

Almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.

Do you believe the United States can absorb 3.5 billion people? What % do you think we need to absorb? Where does the money come from? You have sympathy for other human beings, how far does that go ?

what did you think of this ? United States taxpayers giving 10 billion to helping ......... again, which we do as a country time after time. Isn't that sympathy and help ?

https://www.apnews.com/0fcda32812024680ad98676379c47233

Because increased border security and the wall are not a top priority.
so the flow of illegal drugs, threat of terrorist coming across, gang activity, human trafficking, illegal immigrants etc isn't a concern ?

if the 100's of billions of costs from illegally here people isn't a top priority why is 5 billion in a spending bill an issue ? which is it ?

7 billion on this planet

Almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.

Do you believe the United States can absorb 3.5 billion people? What % do you think we need to absorb? Where does the money come from? You have sympathy for other human beings, how far does that go ?

what did you think of this ? United States taxpayers giving 10 billion to helping ......... again, which we do as a country time after time. Isn't that sympathy and help ?

https://www.apnews.com/0fcda32812024680ad98676379c47233
Are all of those people trying to get into the US?  I'm talking about the people from south of the border.  All I'm saying is I understand why they are trying to come to the US and I have sympathy for them.  I know we can't let every single person into the country.  I wish we could find a way to make their living situation better so they didn't feel the need to sneak into the US.  Instead of the US helping we have people who would rather build a wall to keep them out and ignore them.  I think that's terrible and inhumane.

Are all of those people trying to get into the US?  I'm talking about the people from south of the border.  All I'm saying is I understand why they are trying to come to the US and I have sympathy for them.  I know we can't let every single person into the country.  I wish we could find a way to make their living situation better so they didn't feel the need to sneak into the US.  Instead of the US helping we have people who would rather build a wall to keep them out and ignore them.  I think that's terrible and inhumane.
I'm not really for the wall.    But there are 48 official points of entry from Mexico to the US and anyone entering should be required to use them.

I'm not really for the wall.    But there are 48 official points of entry from Mexico to the US and anyone entering should be required to use them.
I would prefer that  but it's not working.  Is there a way to improve our system?  I have zero issues with not letting in criminals and all the baddies that Trump talks about but I'd like to make it easier for the people who deserve a life here.

I would prefer that  but it's not working.  Is there a way to improve our system?  I have zero issues with not letting in criminals and all the baddies that Trump talks about but I'd like to make it easier for the people who deserve a life here.
I think it would be easier for them if they used the proper channels.

well we give billions every year and have for many years to other countries to help ... we allow millions in legal immigration every year, we allow work and student VISA's ..... we do a LOT and more than any other country

so if for example 20 million wanted to come here illegally in 2020 ........ you'd be ok with that ?

It's baffling that the border is supposedly so open and yet none of the caravan has figured it out

Two from the last caravan figured it out

well we give billions every year and have for many years to other countries to help ... we allow millions in legal immigration every year, we allow work and student VISA's ..... we do a LOT and more than any other country

so if for example 20 million wanted to come here illegally in 2020 ........ you'd be ok with that ?
He didn't say this.

actually yes, its exactly what the fight is about

I've posted several times on how tough talk the Democrats have been on illegals and borders ............. isn't it time what they asked for happens ? Trump is trying to do what Democrats have talked about for years

just a bit of a reminder ...

Bill Clinton

“All Americans, not only in the states most heavily affected, but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers.”

“We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.”

In 1993, then-Senator Harry Reid (D-Nev.), said, “When it comes to enforcing laws against illegal immigration, we have a system that will make you recoil in disbelief. … Yet we are doing almost nothing to encourage these people to go home or even to deter them from coming here in the first place.”
In 1994, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) ran a political ad showing illegal immigrants crossing the border and promised to get tough on illegal immigration with more "agents, fencing, lighting, and other equipment."
In 2006, then-Senator Barack Obama (D-Ill.) said "Better fences and better security along our borders" would "help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country."
In 2009, during a speech at Georgetown Law, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said, "When we use phrases like 'undocumented workers,' we convey a message to the American people that their government is not serious about combating illegal immigration, which the American people overwhelmingly oppose."

actually yes, its exactly what the fight is about

I've posted several times on how tough talk the Democrats have been on illegals and borders ............. isn't it time what they asked for happens ? Trump is trying to do what Democrats have talked about for years

just a bit of a reminder ...

Bill Clinton

“All Americans, not only in the states most heavily affected, but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers.”

“We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.”

In 1993, then-Senator Harry Reid (D-Nev.), said, “When it comes to enforcing laws against illegal immigration, we have a system that will make you recoil in disbelief. … Yet we are doing almost nothing to encourage these people to go home or even to deter them from coming here in the first place.”
In 1994, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) ran a political ad showing illegal immigrants crossing the border and promised to get tough on illegal immigration with more "agents, fencing, lighting, and other equipment."
In 2006, then-Senator Barack Obama (D-Ill.) said "Better fences and better security along our borders" would "help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country."
In 2009, during a speech at Georgetown Law, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said, "When we use phrases like 'undocumented workers,' we convey a message to the American people that their government is not serious about combating illegal immigration, which the American people overwhelmingly oppose."
No

how do you stop them when there is so weak border security ?
Are there ways to strengthen it without a wall?  Are there ways to make it easier for people enter legally?

To me the wall is just a lazy, expensive and ineffective way of trying to deal with the border.

It doesn't seem like that's working well enough though.  If it worked so well why would so many try coming in illegal.  They're not all carrying drugs.
There will always be those that want to take short cuts regardless of how easy it is to get through line. I don't disagree that things need to change as far as process. They do. The money for the useless wall could go a really long way in fixing that. Physical barriers are the least of our worries regardless of what the chicken littles want us to believe. 

Users who are viewing this thread