Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Go Fund Me for the Wall ......


Getzlaf15

Recommended Posts

Just now, Bucky86 said:

Didn't he offer up another wager a few months back, but then backed out once the terms were negotiated? 

Not sure. 

This bet in particular wouldn’t be a good one to make unless it’s decide by what make believe Trump tweets or Hannity announces on his show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stealthycat said:

I meant the 5 billion Trump is asking for now, not the previous 25 billion or whatever numbers

This makes no sense. The post to which you were replying was very clearly referring to the previous offer.  If he gets 5 billion in exchange for a legislative fix for DREAMers then he's clearly gotten a "much lesser deal and he will be stuck making up bigger lies than normal to cover his enormous screw up," just as @The General said. Specifically, he would have lost $20 billion as compared to the last offer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

I meant the 5 billion Trump is asking for now, not the previous 25 billion or whatever numbers

For clarity:

The bet you’re offering is he’ll get the $5B rn, in this series of negotiations, for the next CR/Omnibill whatever it’s called to re-open the government?

Youre saying unequivocally Trump will get exactly the amount he wants with respect to border/wall funding in the current showdown?

Is that right? That is the bet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

For clarity:

The bet you’re offering is he’ll get the $5B rn, in this series of negotiations, for the next CR/Omnibill whatever it’s called to re-open the government?

Youre saying unequivocally Trump will get exactly the amount he wants with respect to border/wall funding in the current showdown?

Is that right? That is the bet?

Hoooboy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2018 at 12:53 PM, Stealthycat said:

fair question and if I can over the next few days I'll try to look

googling key words illegal immigrants, MS13, gang etc and there is a lot of information out there

nobody said gangs were the #1 reason ......... gangs, human trafficking, drugs, criminals ...... all that comes with illegally here people like it or not and if even one US citizen life can be saved, isn't it worth it ? 

 

will a Go Fund Me work for a wall? absolutely not - its ridiculous and I can't believe people have sent money .... baffles me

 

So should we confiscate everyone's guns?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to add to the fun:

The budget for the CDC is $5.66 billion.  How many lives could we save if we doubled their budget instead of building a wall?

https://www.cdc.gov/budget/documents/fy2019/cdc-overview-factsheet.pdf

Oh - and the President's 2019 budget request of $5.66 Billion is down from $7 Billion last year - but nobody will care until an American gets Ebola.

Edited by lakerstan
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lakerstan said:

Just to add to the fun:

The budget for the CDC is $5.66 billion.  How many lives could we save if we doubled their budget instead of building a wall?

https://www.cdc.gov/budget/documents/fy2019/cdc-overview-factsheet.pdf

Oh - and the President's 2019 budget request of $5.66 Billion is down from $7 Billion last year - but nobody will care until an American gets Ebola.

Flint's water system can be replaced for about $60 million.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

The GoFundMe can work.  Of course it's not going to pay the whole thing.  But it can get crucial preliminary engineering and other pre-construction/ROW activities going while additional funding is secured and savings from the USMCA are realized and applied.

I see no reason to stop people from pooling their money together and getting plans drawn up to present to the government with a request for funding.  For any project whatsoever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

The GoFundMe can work.  Of course it's not going to pay the whole thing.  But it can get crucial preliminary engineering and other pre-construction/ROW activities going while additional funding is secured and savings from the USMCA are realized and applied.

It's raised 18 million dollars and is creeping to a halt. Donations have all but stopped.  It's ten games for Joe Flacco.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

This makes no sense. The post to which you were replying was very clearly referring to the previous offer.  If he gets 5 billion in exchange for a legislative fix for DREAMers then he's clearly gotten a "much lesser deal and he will be stuck making up bigger lies than normal to cover his enormous screw up," just as @The General said. Specifically, he would have lost $20 billion as compared to the last offer.

Also shut down the government for a couple weeks. I wouldn’t let this guy negotiate my cable bill, somehow he runs the country. 

Edited by The General
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

I meant the 5 billion Trump is asking for now, not the previous 25 billion or whatever numbers

The number was 25 billion. Republicans were on board (can’t blame the Dems there, I know you love to do this). Trump threatened to veto. 

Now he’s shut down the government for weeks to try and get 5 billion that he can’t get in hopes of negotiating to get say 2 and claim it’s some huge win.

What a joke this guy is.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

The GoFundMe can work.  Of course it's not going to pay the whole thing.  But it can get crucial preliminary engineering and other pre-construction/ROW activities going while additional funding is secured and savings from the USMCA are realized and applied.

Such a sweet kid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Dickies said:
On 12/31/2018 at 2:53 PM, Stealthycat said:

fair question and if I can over the next few days I'll try to look

googling key words illegal immigrants, MS13, gang etc and there is a lot of information out there

nobody said gangs were the #1 reason ......... gangs, human trafficking, drugs, criminals ...... all that comes with illegally here people like it or not and if even one US citizen life can be saved, isn't it worth it ? 

 

will a Go Fund Me work for a wall? absolutely not - its ridiculous and I can't believe people have sent money .... baffles me

 

So should we confiscate everyone's guns?

Hoist with his own petard :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TobiasFunke said:
1 hour ago, Stealthycat said:

I meant the 5 billion Trump is asking for now, not the previous 25 billion or whatever numbers

This makes no sense. The post to which you were replying was very clearly referring to the previous offer.  If he gets 5 billion in exchange for a legislative fix for DREAMers then he's clearly gotten a "much lesser deal and he will be stuck making up bigger lies than normal to cover his enormous screw up," just as @The General said. Specifically, he would have lost $20 billion as compared to the last offer.

I have honestly tried to give up on figuring him out.  I guess I do need to take him at his word that he has ADD.  He certainly doesn't have control of it....he's all over the place with bits and pieces all the time.  I'm sure they make sense in his head, but they certainly don't translate to the keyboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dickies said:

But if we dig a ditch on our side instead of being stuck on top they will just roll off back into Mexico.

Excellent idea.  It should only take one pass with a bulldozer, I've been told, and then the ladders will be too short.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The General said:

People who are willing to spend their life savings and/or walk thousand of miles would never get past a wall. It may as well be a moat filled with sharks breathing fire. 

Or as the Trump Campaign 2020 calls it - "Phase Two"

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...