Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Go Fund Me for the Wall ......


Getzlaf15

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The General said:

:lol: Before Christmas there was some great conversation about this in one of these threads.  

Was that the thread saying ladders aren't feasible because no one is interested in carrying them the thousands of miles of their journey, thus no reason to plan for them?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Was that the thread saying ladders aren't feasible because no one is interested in carrying them the thousands of miles of their journey, thus no reason to plan for them?

There was all kinds of great stuff from that.

We had diagrams going on. People were submitting their own plans on the fly that made no sense - just like our President!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

For clarity:

The bet you’re offering is he’ll get the $5B rn, in this series of negotiations, for the next CR/Omnibill whatever it’s called to re-open the government?

Youre saying unequivocally Trump will get exactly the amount he wants with respect to border/wall funding in the current showdown?

Is that right? That is the bet?

:coffee:

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Was that the thread saying ladders aren't feasible because no one is interested in carrying them the thousands of miles of their journey, thus no reason to plan for them?

Could be. I believe that nugget came from matuski (notice no capital M - wouldn't want to offend the guy or he'd spank me like Pacquiao)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Commish said:

Was that the thread saying ladders aren't feasible because no one is interested in carrying them the thousands of miles of their journey, thus no reason to plan for them?

Yes.  Some of the funniest pages in the PSF.  My personal favorite was the ladder-consuming ditch that would strand immigrants on top of the T.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Yes.  Some of the funniest pages in the PSF.  My personal favorite was the ladder-consuming ditch that would strand immigrants on top of the T.

:lol: There was also a sloped “T” as well that was made with a slippery material on top IIRC

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Yes.  Some of the funniest pages in the PSF.  My personal favorite was the ladder-consuming ditch that would strand immigrants on top of the T.

I think the real solution is really to start approximately 100 feet from the base of the wall and grease the #### out of the ground from that point to the wall and wall...obviously the Mexico side.

Edited by The Commish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, The Commish said:

I have honestly tried to give up on figuring him out.  I guess I do need to take him at his word that he has ADD.  He certainly doesn't have control of it....he's all over the place with bits and pieces all the time.  I'm sure they make sense in his head, but they certainly don't translate to the keyboard.

I'm sorry, I do try

I have a very complex mind and I never pretended to be the smartest person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

I'm sorry, I do try

I have a very complex mind and I never pretended to be the smartest person.

There's nothing to apologize for and I didn't mean that comment as a slight.  I take your word for it.  I've just run out of angles/approaches...nothing I can do about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, butcher boy said:

I'd also be ok with this money going to families of government workers affected by the shutdown.  It's a shame that Congress can't agree to a measly 5 billion and is essentially holding these people and their families hostage over it.  

Congress and Senate from both sides already reached an agreement before Christmas. Your orange Messiah is the one holding families hostage. Hope this helps.  

Edited by JuniorNB
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

Congress and Senate from both sides already reached an agreement before Christmas. Your orange Messiah is the one holding families hostage. Hope this helps.  

Their 'agreement" sure does include all of their pet projects, but it did not include the one thing the President clearly outlined it must include.  They need to give a little here.  So I do not agree with you.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Commish said:

There's nothing to apologize for and I didn't mean that comment as a slight.  I take your word for it.  I've just run out of angles/approaches...nothing I can do about that.

I agree with you - sometimes my thoughts get muddled. its not a slight, it's the truth ..... I know it is, I can admit that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Their 'agreement" sure does include all of their pet projects, but it did not include the one thing the President clearly outlined it must include.  They need to give a little here.  So I do not agree with you.  

You're agreement is irrelevant.  I'm just trying to educate you. The agreement was mutual. Both parties. From Ryan to McConnell to Pence. Only one person in the entire country who's to blame fore the shutdown.  And he's fat and orange.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

I'd also be ok with this money going to families of government workers affected by the shutdown.  It's a shame that Congress can't agree to a measly 5 billion and is essentially holding these people and their families hostage over it.  

The hold up isn't in Congress.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

You're agreement is irrelevant.  I'm just trying to educate you. The agreement was mutual. Both parties. From Ryan to McConnell to Pence. Only one person in the entire country who's to blame fore the shutdown.  And he's fat and orange.

Gritty?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

I'd also be ok with this money going to families of government workers affected by the shutdown.  It's a shame that Congress can't agree to a measly 5 billion and is essentially holding these people and their families hostage over it.  

They have agreed on a couple different deals.

This is all on Trump and his genius level negotiations where he gets less and less of what he wanted. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, The Commish said:

The hold up isn't in Congress.

It is and isn't.

First the hold up was in the house who refused to take up the Senate bill...now with the incoming members, the hold up is in the senate that will refuse to take up what the House produces.

Sure...that hold up is based on the man in the Oval office and his big mouth...but congress is holding up doing their job and presenting something to the President to make him sign or veto.

Obviously...the hold up is in the GOP and anyone saying otherwise isn't paying attention or refuses to understand the facts (clarifying here...not saying you are in that last part as I see you are blaming Trump...I think Trump and the GOP right now are to blame).

Edited by sho nuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The General said:

They have agreed on a couple different deals.

This is all on Trump and his genius level negotiations where he gets less and less of what he wanted. 

your words are swimming upstream against Kool-aid.  it doesn't stand a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

It is and isn't.

First the hold up was in the house who refused to take up the Senate bill...now with the incoming members, the hold up is in the senate that will refuse to take up what the House produces.

Sure...that hold up is based on the man in the Oval office and his big mouth...but congress is holding up doing their job and presenting something to the President to make him sign or veto.

Obviously...the hold up is in the GOP and anyone saying otherwise isn't paying attention or refuses to understand the facts.

Congress has done their jobs, a couple times now.  They did their jobs and based the results on what they were told was acceptable.  They aren't mind readers....that's not their job.  How we got here to this point has nothing to do with Congress' behavior (for a change).  Moving forward we can redistribute blame as necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, The Commish said:

I think the real solution is really to start approximately 100 feet from the base of the wall and grease the #### out of the ground from that point to the wall and wall...obviously the Mexico side.

$25B Slip-N-Slide?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Congress has done their jobs, a couple times now.  They did their jobs and based the results on what they were told was acceptable.  They aren't mind readers....that's not their job.  How we got here to this point has nothing to do with Congress' behavior (for a change).  Moving forward we can redistribute blame as necessary.

Well, the Senate did their job...the House (and mostly Ryan) refused because of Trump's tantrum.

It has to do with Trump's behavior sure...but congress (now mainly McConnel) needs to grow a set and do their own damn jobs and pass the legislation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dickies said:
16 hours ago, The Commish said:

I think the real solution is really to start approximately 100 feet from the base of the wall and grease the #### out of the ground from that point to the wall and wall...obviously the Mexico side.

$25B Slip-N-Slide?

That sounds way more fun :thumbup: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The General said:

They have agreed on a couple different deals.

This is all on Trump and his genius level negotiations where he gets less and less of what he wanted. 

Jake: "I'll do it for five hundred dollars."

(Alan considers it)

Charlie (whispering to Jake): "You can get more from him."

Jake: "I want a thousand dollars."

Alan: "That's out of the question."

Charlie (whispering to Jake): "Get him to split the difference."

Jake: "I want two-fifty!"

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bananafish said:

And the President was on board until he saw the coverage on Fox after the vote. 

How can you negotiate with someone when their word can't be trusted?

But if he capitulates on the wall funding then he's breaking his word to his voters that he will build the wall.  I'm sure he came to that realization and decided to hold his ground.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, butcher boy said:

But if he capitulates on the wall funding then he's breaking his word to his voters that he will build the wall.  I'm sure he came to that realization and decided to hold his ground.  

He already broke his word to all of his thousands of time and his word was that Mexico pay for it.

His voters don’t give a damn about honesty and neither does he.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

That ship hasn't sailed yet.  You posted a falsehood.  

Nothing I posted was false.  You in the other hand omitted the Mexico part making your post false by that omission.

And yes...that ship is long gone.

Edited by sho nuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

But if he capitulates on the wall funding then he's breaking his word to his voters that he will build the wall.  I'm sure he came to that realization and decided to hold his ground.  

That's not the entirety of his word :shrug:

Mexico paying for it would be fulfilling his word...nothing less.  I've said a million times.....fulfill that promise...have at it but don't change the promise to us tax payers paying for it....that wasn't the deal.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

But if he capitulates on the wall funding then he's breaking his word to his voters that he will build the wall.  I'm sure he came to that realization and decided to hold his ground.  

The word was Mexico was paying for it. Regardless of what he tells you he’s broken his word.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, butcher boy said:
42 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He already broke his word to all of his thousands of time and his word was that Mexico pay for it.

His voters don’t give a damn about honesty and neither does he.

That ship hasn't sailed yet.  You posted a falsehood.  

You're lying to yourself.

When Trump said, "Mexico will pay for it", there is no way that you believed in your heart that what Trump really meant was that 1) he would make virtually zero effort to get Mexico to actually pay for it, 2) the U.S. taxpayers would pay for the upfront costs of the wall, and 3) we would try to get Mexico to unofficially reimburse us through increased trade profits.

Hell, the whole idea that Mexico will reimburse us through USCAM is something that Trump himself just came up with a few months ago. So there's no way that you would have had that thought in 2016.

Face it: Trump lied to you. He hasn't even tried to get Mexico to pay for the wall. The USCAM language does not include ONE single word about paying for the wall. It's all a big fat lie.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...