What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Go Fund Me for the Wall ...... (1 Viewer)

What are your "high level contacts" going to do? They can't make Congress vote for the wall. Congress will NEVER vote for the wall. If Trump couldn't get it done when he had a full Republican congress, he sure as hell isn't going to get it done now.

All this money is going to disappear into the ether. Fools and their monies will soon be parted.

I feel bad for all the suckers who are wasting their money on this. But I won't feel quite as bad the next time any of them complain that immigrants are making them poor.
If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny. 

Maybe click on the link and read it? 

Getzlaf15 said:

and make sure 100% of the funds go to the wall.

LOL Your friends can't do that. They have no control over Congress.

The money can't pay for the wall unless Congress approves it. And Congress will never approve it. Period.

However, I do think it would be funny if Congress agreed to allocate the funds towards the latest fence repairs. I'm sure all the donors will be real happy if that happens.

LOL Your friends can't do that. They have no control over Congress.

The money can't pay for the wall unless Congress approves it. And Congress will never approve it. Period.

However, I do think it would be funny if Congress agreed to allocate the funds towards the latest fence repairs. I'm sure all the donors will be real happy if that happens.
Where did I give my opinion of how I view this?

Getzlaf15 said:

If we don’t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny.

Maybe click on the link and read it?

I did read the link. It's not a very well thought out plan.

I don't think that the guy is a scammer but he has set this up to fail. When you deliberately target less than half the voters (while insulting the other half), you're creating a ceiling for how much money you can raise.

He should be trying to solicit funds from everyone in America. He's not going to get very far by displaying blatant partisan bias.

Anyway, this whole thing is a joke. He's not going to raise $1 billion, so that's that. Everyone will (supposedly) get their money back. This becomes Fox News' idea of a "feel good story". It will get some attention in the press and then everyone will forget about it.

I did read the link. It's not a very well thought out plan.

I don't think that the guy is a scammer but he has set this up to fail. When you deliberately target less than half the voters (while insulting the other half), you're creating a ceiling for how much money you can raise.

He should be trying to solicit funds from everyone in America. He's not going to get very far by displaying blatant partisan bias.

Anyway, this whole thing is a joke. He's not going to raise $1 billion, so that's that. Everyone will (supposedly) get their money back. This becomes Fox News' idea of a "feel good story". It will get some attention in the press and then everyone will forget about it.
people from all over the world are also donating.

Most likely this will die out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getzlaf15 said:

people from all over the world are also donating.

And millions of potential donors in America will NEVER donate because the guy made it about Republican-vs.-Democrats.

He's raised 2 million. He needs to do that 500 more times. Wrap your mind around that. Not going to happen. Not even close. It's like people don't even understand math anymore.

And even then, the money will either be refunded or it will just go into a general fund because Congress WILL NOT authorize the remaining $24 billion that would be needed.

Either way, this is a waste of everyone's time. It's a feel good story, which is sad, because this isn't the kind of thing that people should feel good about.

And millions of potential donors in America will NEVER donate because the guy made it about Republican-vs.-Democrats.

He's raised 2 million. He needs to do that 500 more times. Wrap your mind around that. Not going to happen. Not even close. It's like people don't even understand math anymore.

And even then, the money will either be refunded or it will just go into a general fund because Congress WILL NOT authorize the remaining $24 billion that would be needed.

Either way, this is a waste of everyone's time. It's a feel good story, which is sad, because this isn't the kind of thing that people should feel good about.
It depends on the person.  This is a win for many people.  But Bernie raising 100 million plus from 27 dollars donations, doesn't matter.

SMH at people wanting so bad to keep others out to donate to this...when actual good causes would go unfounded.

They're over 1/400th of their goal.

If my math is right, they'll reach $1B about 8 months after Trump pardons himself and flees to Moscow.

Where does this rank on the list of funniest things people have done to own the libs?  Not sure it can crack the Top 5 when you've got stuff like the Keurig smashing spree, the Turning Point diaper incident and this guy, but it's a solid second tier entry.

I *get* the basic premise behind the cause, a citizen led initiative to solve a communal issue that government is either unwilling or unable to address; that feels like a very American thing 

That said, considering the dynamics of the so-called issue as a whole (including the somewhat ironic end game goal of handing over this collected monies to the government that is being so ineffective and unresponsive to the problem that you start the citizen led initiative) and the time of year when giving should be a community goal, all I can do is sigh and think how this is just $3.4 million not going to valid, effective, and helpful charities and orgs that do good, impactful work here at home; that feels like a very unAmerican thing

#Sad

I *get* the basic premise behind the cause, a citizen led initiative to solve a communal issue that government is either unwilling or unable to address; that feels like a very American thing 

That said, considering the dynamics of the so-called issue as a whole (including the somewhat ironic end game goal of handing over this collected monies to the government that is being so ineffective and unresponsive to the problem that you start the citizen led initiative) and the time of year when giving should be a community goal, all I can do is sigh and think how this is just $2.01 million not going to valid, effective, and helpful charities and orgs that do good, impactful work here at home; that feels like a very unAmerican thing 

#Sad 
Strong disagree.  Flushing money down the toilet because you're angry, scared of brown people, don't understand the law and are bad at math might be the most American thing I've ever heard.

Anyone think ole Brian here isn't going to pocket the money? First thing I thought of was that homeless man that gave his last $20 scam. 

Cool

I don't tell other people what to do with their money. What's that like?
Everyone tells other people what to do with their money.  Every time we give a good or bad recommendation for a restaurant or a consumer good or a travel destination or an investment or literally anything else that's not free, we're telling other people what to do with their money. This is no different. If anything it's better, because if someone goes to a mediocre restaurant or buy a TV with a crappy picture at least they still get a meal or a TV.

The goal is $5 billion according to the GoFundMe page, not $1 billion:

“If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall.” That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that's half the wall. We can do this. 
I assume $1 billion is just the maximum allowable goal you can set on GoFundMe. $5 billion is about how much was raised by every GoFundMe campaign combined over 8 years, across 2 million campaigns and 50 million individual donors. Anyway, adjust your math accordingly.

The goal is $5 billion according to the GoFundMe page, not $1 billion:

I assume $1 billion is just the maximum allowable goal you can set on GoFundMe. $5 billion is about how much was raised by every GoFundMe campaign combined over 8 years, across 2 million campaigns and 50 million individual donors. Anyway, adjust your math accordingly.
On the page, he also says they are trying to get the limit raised.   

On the page, he also says they are trying to get the limit raised.   
Well, yeah.  Obviously when you're trying to raise a certain amount of money you're also trying to raise a lesser amount of money.  Maybe he should just say he's trying to raise $10 million.  Then they could celebrate complete success in funding 0.05% of the estimated $20 billion cost of the wall, and a full 0.2% of Trump's recent budget request!

4.095 mil.   145k in 14 minutes.  What's the math on 600k per hour during the day and 150k per hour at night?
9 million a day. If they somehow sustained that rate they'd get to $5 billion in about a year and a half. $20 billion would take about 6 years. Better ramp it up, conservatives!

They are probably giving away more money than the amount of their taxes they claim is being used to pay for welfare and taking care of undocumented immigrants.  lol

Another poster mentioned it but for a group of people that hate taxes, willingly giving the government $80+ dollars is a tax I’m not paying. That is too funny. 

111 days.   For 1 billion.  
He should get Sarah McLachlan to film a commercial:  "For just 60 cents a day, you can help a Visa executive install individual video screens on the back of the headrests in the BMW he's buying his kid for Christmas. You'll provide medical care for a CEO of a government contracting business whose wife is in desperate need of a boob job. Call or join online in the next 30 minutes and you'll receive this welcome kit with a photo of a brown person starving to death in the desert."

Users who are viewing this thread