What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chiefs-Seahawks - SNF anyone? (1 Viewer)

Chiefs remind me in a way of the 2011 Packers: a 1 seed with a great offense being directed by a QB having an unreal season, but also with a defense that is complete trash, which will be their undoing in the playoffs. 
They remind me of the KC team that had Trent green, priest Holmes, Gonzo, Dante hall and no defense

Iirc, they got the 1 seed and lost in a shootout to Manning in the first round

They remind me of the KC team that had Trent green, priest Holmes, Gonzo, Dante hall and no defense

Iirc, they got the 1 seed and lost in a shootout to Manning in the first round
What are their must impressive victories this year? Baltimore for sure. Pittsburgh maybe, but Steelers were still getting their stuff together back in Week 2. Denver on the road on MNF,  but that game shouldn't have been as close as it was. Jacksonville looks a lot less impressive than it did at the time. Most of their big, high profile games have been exciting slugfests where Mahomes looked impressive but the team fell short.

What are their must impressive victories this year? Baltimore for sure. Pittsburgh maybe, but Steelers were still getting their stuff together back in Week 2. Denver on the road on MNF,  but that game shouldn't have been as close as it was. Jacksonville looks a lot less impressive than it did at the time. Most of their big, high profile games have been exciting slugfests where Mahomes looked impressive but the team fell short.
The win against Denver wasn't that great considering keenum missed a wide open wr for what would've been a walk off td too.

I give them props for their season, but that d sucks. And teams w bad d generally are not long for the playoffs

I just lost my 3rd place game by 0.1 on that Russ kneeldown, a week after I got knocked out of the playoffs by 0.4 on a stat correction.
:ptts:

(I actually do feel bad for you. But much like a good "That's what she said" joke, you can't pass up an opportunity like that.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Washington's defense held opponents to 17 points or fewer in all six of Smith's wins, KC's defense has done that three times all year.
That's a weird and arbitrary cutoff.  KC's defense only did that four times in Smith's wins last year with KC :shrug:

That's a weird and arbitrary cutoff.  KC's defense only did that four times in Smith's wins last year with KC :shrug:
Not really arbitrary, it's the most points WAS has given up in any of their wins this year. KC would kill to have that kind of a defense.

Not really arbitrary, it's the most points WAS has given up in any of their wins this year. KC would kill to have that kind of a defense.
Um, a team like KC that scores often and usually has big leads will give up more points.  In the 1H, KC gave up 12.1 ppg vs. WAS 12.3 ppg.  But KC is the 4th worst in the league in the 2H because they had huge leads and played a lot of garbage time defense.

For example, they were up 35-10 against SF at half.  Won 38-27.  Those 17 2H points mean nothing.

I move that the "business decision" get renamed the "janikowski"
"The boss had told us we were going to have to work late yesterday. So why did you take off immediately at 5 p.m.?"

"No way I wanted to get stuck at the office all night. So I Seabass-ed it."

Users who are viewing this thread