What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

randall's ALS diary (2 Viewers)

Apologies- I didn’t remember that. I’m so sorry but I’m glad to hear you remember her strength. I’m so afraid my kids will remember only me at my weakest. 
I hope everyone is doing well.  I heard a funny story about a test and an argument.  Some of my wife's co-workers can be pretty thick, lol.  Anyway, reach out if you need anything.  Offer still stands.  

And we need more kids soccer updates fwiw.  My son broke his arm at futsal against GPS, but was back out there the next night with a cast, lol.

It's Valentine's Day, a day to think of your loved ones and those you admire. Today I'm thinking of you. May you feel all the love from your good friends here and your loved ones. You are loved. You are admired. Happy Valentine's Day! ❤🙏🏻

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious randall, is your mind still sharp? Does this affect your mental processing power?
Good question. I do feel less sharp. I think there are two factors. My mind may be a little bit slower.
But more importantly, I’m mentally and physically tired all the time, and I’m not always able to make the effort to think about an issue or communicate about it. Just talking is exhausting. I don’t have the endurance to speak or type with any nuance, and that probably carries over to my thinking. Like, if I can’t communicate about it, why bother reading or thinking about it. 

Good question. I do feel less sharp. I think there are two factors. My mind may be a little bit slower.
But more importantly, I’m mentally and physically tired all the time, and I’m not always able to make the effort to think about an issue or communicate about it. Just talking is exhausting. I don’t have the endurance to speak or type with any nuance, and that probably carries over to my thinking. Like, if I can’t communicate about it, why bother reading or thinking about it. 
Thinking about you man. Just know you’ve got a whole bunch of otherwise strangers all around the world thinking about you, thinking about your family, pulling for you, evaluating our own priorities. You’re leaving a big footprint in the world. We admire you. 

And we need more kids soccer updates fwiw.  My son broke his arm at futsal against GPS, but was back out there the next night with a cast, lol.
Right now it’s mostly bball until Spring. I can’t wait to get back outdoors.  Sorry about your kid. How long is he out for?

Right now it’s mostly bball until Spring. I can’t wait to get back outdoors.  Sorry about your kid. How long is he out for?
He actually was back the next night with cast at hoop practice.  He went to futsal regionals in Boston and played the next weekend.  Thanks for asking.  Kids these days...Spanish.  The new administration there is a train wreck fwiw.  Morale is WAY down this year (and most of last).  Good luck on the move.

My dad complains about fatigue with everything, even thinking. I get more I don't knows and wind up telling him things he can figure out himself. That's why proper rest is so important. It's a fatigue that's hard to expain. I have that with the meds I'm on. I welcome people to finish my thought or to read my mind.

Thanks!  Not quite moved in. They finished painting today.  Just a couple lighting and plumbing fixtures to go, and then finishing the hardwoods.

it can’t come quickly enough  I know I’ve said I can’t walk in the past, but I REALLY shouldn’t be walking anymore (with the walker).  Being able to get all around the house, including bed, bath, and outside deck all in my wheelchair will be awesome.

I hope you and your dad are doing well 
Hope you and yours are doing well. Have you moved in yet? Thinking of you with prayers. Xxx 🙏🏻

I really was happy that Liverpool won CL last season, and I was bummed thinking of you now with the Prem cancelled and Liverpool so far ahead... But I did enjoy seeing el Cholo get one over der Kloppster.  

I was diagnosed with ALS(Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) last year. My symptoms are muscle loss tingling across the top part of my back like bugs crawling. My speech is slurring and I’m drooling and fingers and toes drawling up lost a lot of weight. I can’t use my hands they are to weak and I can’t button my pants and using my hands and arms wears me out. When I read the information on different site online, I learnt that ALS can be reversed with Best Health Herbal Centre ( https://droduwaherbalhome.com/ ) ALS HERBAL REMEDY TREATMENT, so i decided to give it a try. May this year I purchased 2 bottles of ALS herbal remedy from DR ODUWA HERBAL HOME. The treatment worked very effectively for my ALS, most of my severe symptoms simply vanished within 7 weeks of usage. Am currently living a normal life.

I just found out my uncle has ALS.  Wife's uncle, but has always treated me like blood and is just an amazing man.  @randall146 Thank you for sharing your story, and so many others here for sharing theirs.   I was feeling really empty after hearing the news and am so glad I found this thread.  
So sorry to hear. Patience, support and being positive are key. Xx

I just found out my uncle has ALS.  Wife's uncle, but has always treated me like blood and is just an amazing man.  @randall146 Thank you for sharing your story, and so many others here for sharing theirs.   I was feeling really empty after hearing the news and am so glad I found this thread.  
Wow that sucks man. If they have any questions I'm happy to talk. It's a tough learning curve, and you never seem to get ahead of the disease progression. 

Hey Randall, thinking of you and hope you’re well. Came across this Times article this morning on a new treatment that maybe is at least a step in the right direction. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/health/ALS-treatment.html?referringSource=articleShare

O
Thanks Oats! That's actually the clinical trial I did! I was literally the last person in the country to be enrolled. I still don't know if I got drug or placebo, but after the trial period I got to start or continue with the actual drug, so I've been taking the real thing for a while now. Of course there's no way to know if it is helping me or, not. It's a great advance for the fight against ALS though. 

Users who are viewing this thread