What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best albums of 2019 (Spotify playlists in 1st post) (2 Viewers)

Probably not really in the FBG wheelhouse but I can’t stop listening to Ghetto Lenny’s Love Songs by Saint Jhn

https://youtu.be/wACSfREgJys

jenny hval is weird but great 

Sharon Van Etten blew me away in person.

mikal Cronin is releasing a new album 

soccer mommy dropped a new song

charlie bliss is a good pop rock band

Bands I’ve seen this yr: Palehound, Mannequin #####, Japanese Breakfast, Phosphorescent, Pup, The Hold Steady, Speedy Ortiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I let myself get my hopes up about Green Day's new single from their new album (which comes out...5 months from now?)

:(
I'm tempted by that tour with Weezer and Fall Out Boy, even though it would be straight nostalgia driving me there and the last album I really like by any of them was released in like 2005. 

Strange RR this week with lots of remixes.
Funny, at first glance mine looks more interesting than it's been in a while

Wilco, Mudhoney, Allah-Las, Elephant Stone, HMLTD, another Cursive single, A Giant Dog covering all of Neon Bible?? M83, Keane.

Hootie!  A Christmas song by whoever is left in Chicago 🤢

Just discovered a Spotify feature... "On repeat" & "on repeat rewind". Kind of a greatest hits playlist pulled from your playlist, so no new music. Hittimg the spot today between RR, discover weekly, and daily playlists.

Just discovered a Spotify feature... "On repeat" & "on repeat rewind". Kind of a greatest hits playlist pulled from your playlist, so no new music. Hittimg the spot today between RR, discover weekly, and daily playlists.
lol, the first one on my list is Old Town Road... my son loves that song. 

ETA: the remix of Old Town Road is the 5th song on my list :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
The industry has remixed and remastered old albums to death but not many measure up to the more familiar originals.

The new Replacements release Dead Man's Pop is one of the exceptions.  The Matt Wallace remix of their 1989's Don't Tell A Soul LP is terrific.  I always liked the songs but struggled with the sound of the album.  The new mix sounds a lot more like the 'Mats should.

I haven't gotten to the demos, outtakes and live stuff yet.

The industry has remixed and remastered old albums to death but not many measure up to the more familiar originals.

The new Replacements release Dead Man's Pop is one of the exceptions.  The Matt Wallace remix of their 1989's Don't Tell A Soul LP is terrific.  I always liked the songs but struggled with the sound of the album.  The new mix sounds a lot more like the 'Mats should.

I haven't gotten to the demos, outtakes and live stuff yet.
Gonna dig into this at some point. Finished the whole remastered Abbey Road already. Didn’t really pop as much as the remastered White Album but obviously still good 

One good thing about the new Sturgill:  you sure know it when the album finishes and the Spotify algorithm switches in.

Users who are viewing this thread