What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any other idiots wind up in stores today? Experience? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Had to cut through a Target in a shopping mall, luckily didn’t need anything in there - it looked painful. It was like being jammed into a can of sardines, the line must’ve had 1k people, maybe more.

Best Buy wasn’t bad, I waited in the line for  10-12 minutes, only 20-30 people or so in front of me, looked like it had doubled by the time I got to the front.

Stopped in Footaction bc my wife wants a pair of sneakers, figured I get my kids pairs too, got myself a package of socks as well, Merry Xmas to me!! Great experience, in and out of that store very quickly. 

Wife & SIL got my MIL the same gift, so my wife sent me into Macy’s to return it and get something else. No line I was in had more than 3 customers in front of me, but it took forever. I think the level of intelligence of employee and customer in that store is about 3 deviations from average. Stuck in one line where someone had to use the Macy’s phone to talk about their Macy’s account, switched to another where they couldn’t figure out an exchange, and finally found a good spot in the Men’s suit department that I made through quickly. 

Overall, maybe the only time I’ve ever been in stores on Xmas Eve, prob the last time I do it.

Merry Xmas!!

I had to go to Home Depot, then Lowe’s, and then Ace for non-Christmas related items.  Organicide is harder to find than you think.  Not busy at all.  I was at Target last night around 7:30 and it was pretty empty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to two stores (Kohls and Famous Footwear) but only to pick up items that we ordered on-line and it was very painless. Stopped at the Kum and Go as well to get lottery tickets for the kids stockings--yeah, we encourage gambling at an early age. but I get 50% if they hit anything over $1,000. 😊

Ran to Dunkin for a gift card and had to pass a grocery store. The entire f###ing shopping plaza (a large one) was backed up in near bumper to bumper because of that grocery store. Can't ever recall seeing it that backed up.

I'm not one that usually enjoys jamming rusty forks in my eyes, so I told my wife early last week that if it's on a list then it'll be in the house by Friday. Once I'm home Friday she's on her own though. I dont have the patience to deal with this weekend. 

Went to two stores (Kohls and Famous Footwear) but only to pick up items that we ordered on-line and it was very painless. Stopped at the Kum and Go as well to get lottery tickets for the kids stockings--yeah, we encourage gambling at an early age. but I get 50% if they hit anything over $1,000. 😊
Stopped at the What?
😂 yeah, my wife hates that name ...it's a chain gas station and "quickie mart".  

Spent most of the day out buying more and more and more because the stores were so easy getting in and out of.

A trip to pick up my kids bikes turned into bikes + Best Buy + Petco + Target + ##### + Nordstroms + Tory Burch + Costco. 

Damnit.

eta D I C K S

Last edited by a moderator:
Driving to my parents, pulled over at a Starbucks and a car in the drive thru had driven over a curb to what was about a 4 foot drop off. They had the front left wheel hanging off the edge. Me and a couple other guys picked it up as she backed up.

The dude in the Starbucks said it has happened before :lol:

Merry Christmas!

Picked up a bike at the bike shop. Nobody in there. They were cranking tunes and happy. Good guys and great service. 

Wife sent me to pick up cakes for tonight and a couple of items at the grocery store for baking.  Thankfully the bakery was prepared and had curbside service- just had to pull up and give the name and the guy was back in 2 minutes with the cakes.  The store was nuts but only needed a few items and they had a lot of cashiers working.  Overall, not too bad.

Had to run to Target tonight. My daughter got a gift from grandma that we had bought her to open tomorrow so of course I had to exchange it tonight. 

Got some beer, coffee and a few other small things. It was busy but but not to the extent that it was bothersome. It was nice to see people out on a Monday AM. 

Courtjester said:
Tons of people do this with the lotto tickets. My FIL gets one for the whole extended family. I actually think every year it is a terrible idea. Not because i have sime opposition to gambling and not just because the odds are stupid bad. 

I dread the idea of explaining to a 5 year old why sally got $5000 from grandpa and john got a worthless piece of paper. 

Courtjester said:
Same here.   Kids love it.    

What's up man. Merry Christmas. Yo, I buy my girlfriend youth Jordans all the time. Here's an article about size conversions: https://bit.ly/2LxLlJS

Cheers bro.
Merry Xmas Saw!

My wife is a giant, she doesn’t fit into youth sizes. Bought her a pair of 4’s in  a kids size like 5-6 years ago, didn’t work out. 

Ive got them in saran wrap waiting for my youngest son to grow into them, only another 5-6 years to go :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread