What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dwayne Haskins - 04.09.2022 - struck by car and killed (3 Viewers)

I guess I'm not sure about that. You would think but Allen got benched late last year in Carolina. Should improve Gibson's ppr numbers as he checks down but im not sure about McClaren. Logan Thomas saw a lot of snaps but not sure what this does for him. I guess the best that can be said is he couldn't be any worse

Offense can only improve. I've watched every snap, they have more 3 and outs than I want to remember, offense hasn't really looked "fluid" all year IMO. A change was definitely due. 

From Faust’s article....

Allen started 12 games for Carolina in 2019 and finished with the second-worst total QBR (38.3) among quarterbacks with at least eight starts. Allen threw 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions last season. The Panthers won his first four starts but went 1-7 the rest of the way, including a loss to Washington in Rivera’s final game with Carolina.

From Faust’s article....

Allen started 12 games for Carolina in 2019 and finished with the second-worst total QBR (38.3) among quarterbacks with at least eight starts. Allen threw 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions last season. The Panthers won his first four starts but went 1-7 the rest of the way, including a loss to Washington in Rivera’s final game with Carolina.
That's what worries me

From Faust’s article....

Thats not good.

Haskins has a QBR of 27.6 after 4 games this year. So how Allen played last year was better than Haskins has played this year by that metric.

I may have exceeded my allowance of turd polishing for today now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty clear that Ron Rivera and company are out of the Dwayne Haskins business.  
I was pretty surprised given what Cam got (and his connection to Rivera), that he didn't wind up in Washington on a 1-year prove it trial. Had a better shot of working out than Haskins in near and even long term.

Haskins has no business starting the NFL. While I'm sure he gets a chance to be on another roster, I don't think he's backup material either. Thought he was a mid-late round talent coming out. He doesn't process things quick enough. And when he had all day and all night to throw at OSU, no one had a chance to see that. 

Both are obviously in the dumpster and extreme longshots of having success on the field in the NFL, but I'd place my bets on Rosen before Haskins.

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Washington QB Dwayne Haskins is likely to be traded before the October 29 NFL trade deadline. 

Haskins, who was demoted from starter to third-stringer this week, won't attend Sunday's home game against the Rams because he's reportedly sick with a non-COVID illness. The demotion came after consistent struggles through the season's first four games. There have been off-the-field issues too: Haskins' supposed bragging about throwing for 300 yards in a Week 4 loss to the Ravens irritated players and coaches. "The situation between the quarterback ... and Rivera's staff is already fairly toxic, and multiple sources within the organization believe a trade by the end of the month is the most likely outcome," La Canfora reported. It's difficult to imagine a scenario in which Washington gets much in trading away Haskins. Kyle Allen and Alex Smith should be rostered in all superflex formats. 

RELATED: 

Alex Smith

, Kyle Allen

SOURCE: CBS

Oct 11, 2020, 11:09 AM ET

Not surprising. I don't see a lot of interest league wide in him. 

Here's the thing: he doesn't have connections league wide. He's going to have to learn a new system. I mean, probably the most desirable thing with him (if you want to call it that) is his contract.

The situation isn't too dissimilar from Rosen....but Rosen was acquired offseason with that offseason to prep into offense. Obviously didn't work out but Cards got a 2nd (I'd be surprised if wash got that).

I thought Haskins was a mid/late QB prospect coming out. The guy is an FN mess. 

Not surprising. I don't see a lot of interest league wide in him. 

Here's the thing: he doesn't have connections league wide. He's going to have to learn a new system. I mean, probably the most desirable thing with him (if you want to call it that) is his contract.

The situation isn't too dissimilar from Rosen....but Rosen was acquired offseason with that offseason to prep into offense. Obviously didn't work out but Cards got a 2nd (I'd be surprised if wash got that).

I thought Haskins was a mid/late QB prospect coming out. The guy is an FN mess. 
I think enough teams thought of him as a a high pick, that they'll have no problems dealing him. They might not get a 2 like the Cards did, because its midseason, but I'd be shocked if they couldn't get a 4 at the minimum, and likely a 3.

I think Haskins was always a project, but being thrown into 2 different systems, with almost no practice time(including not getting major reps for much of 2019) made it almost impossible he'd be good right now.

I think enough teams thought of him as a a high pick, that they'll have no problems dealing him. They might not get a 2 like the Cards did, because its midseason, but I'd be shocked if they couldn't get a 4 at the minimum, and likely a 3.

I think Haskins was always a project, but being thrown into 2 different systems, with almost no practice time(including not getting major reps for much of 2019) made it almost impossible he'd be good right now.
Well they probably killed their value by leaking that he’s a poor leader, was bragging about throwing 300 yds against the Ravens and that Rivera pretty much hates him but stupid franchises are gonna stupid like that. Including just making it flat out known they want him gone.

Maybe they're able to deal, perhaps not. 2 coaching staffs haven't liked him now (same w/ Rosen).

And there's enough REALLY bad NFL tape out there with him. That he struggled to pick up new offense....isn't going to help him land a midseason backup gig right away (if at all).

As I mentioned in last post, there's a BIG difference between trading for a young QB....with a full offseason to prepare. And trading for a young QB (new system) in season w/o preparation (and struggled terribly to just pick up a new offense this year)

I have thought Rosen would have gotten (some) compensation recently too. He didn't.....and he's on the Bucs practice squad The lack of connections REALLY hurts these young QBs looking for backup gigs heading into (or during) season.

Wouldn't be surprised if Haskins has to settle for a practice squad like Rosen. I would be interested in hearing a list of teams that'd trade for Haskins and making him their backup right away. I know I'm struggling to come up with much. Teams (including Wash) want backups with experience in system that they can plug in in a pinch.

I think you try plugging in Haskins and asking him to play in a pinch in a new system anytime soon, you're getting Colts Josh Freeman like results. The tape on Haskins in the NFL is not good.

Well they probably killed their value by leaking that he’s a poor leader, was bragging about throwing 300 yds against the Ravens and that Rivera pretty much hates him but stupid franchises are gonna stupid like that. Including just making it flat out known they want him gone.
ESPN's John Keim reports Washington has not received trade calls for Dwayne Haskins.

Haskins was not only benched in Week 4, but he wasn't even receiving practice reps leading up to Week 5. Instead, he was behind Kyle Allen and Alex Smith as a pure note-taker. There's no reason to expect a team to slide into Washington's DMs during the middle of the season because he's a long-term project, not a win-now starter. This offseason could be a different story. The current coaching staff didn't draft Haskins, who has reportedly not asked for a trade yet. We're sure Haskins would like to be out of Washington. For now, expect Allen and Smith to start games while Haskins hangs in the background.

Washington QB Dwayne Haskins (illness) is not practicing Thursday. 

Haskins has been sick with a non-COVID illness since late last week. He was demoted to the Football Team's third-string quarterback last week and was not at the team's Week 5 game against the Rams. Washington has yet to receive calls about trading Haskins before the league's October 29 trade deadline. Haskins is unlikely to play another snap for Washington this season. 

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter 

Oct 15, 2020, 11:58 AM ET

Dwayne Haskins (illness) returned to practice Friday.

Haskins had been away from the team since losing his starting job. He's healthy enough to resume practicing as the No. 3 quarterback behind Kyle Allen and Alex Smith. Haskins is one of the bigger names the could be moved ahead of Week 8's trade deadline.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Oct 16, 2020, 9:43 AM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Washington QB Dwayne Haskins is expected to be inactive in Week 6 against the Giants.

Kyle Allen will get the start for a second straight week after missing some time in Week 5 with a shoulder injury. Alex Smith will back him up with Haskins inactive. Allen completed 9-of-13 attempts for 74 yards before leaving his game against the Rams. He struggled with interceptions and sacks in 12 starts with the Panthers last year. The only bright side is that he did propel D.J. Moore and Christian McCaffrey to career years. Terry McLaurin and Antonio Gibson are both worth starting in fantasy despite the questionable quarterback play.

RELATED: 

Kyle Allen

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Oct 18, 2020, 8:32 AM ET

Washington QB Dwayne Haskins was fined by the team for violating COVID-19 policy. 

Apparently Haskins made a reservation for a family friend at the team hotel, a big no-no in the age of COVID. The Football Team fined Haskins  $4,833. They could have fined him as much as $14,650 for the violation. Haskins reportedly will be inactive once again in Week 7 as Washington dresses two QBs: Alex Smith and starter Kyle Allen. Haskins' chances of taking another snap with Washington are not great. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Oct 23, 2020, 4:45 PM ET

I've been very critical of Haskins as a Skins fan, but I'm hoping he balls out this weekend. If nothing else, assuming he'll lock onto Terry who's way way due a big game. 

I've been very critical of Haskins as a Skins fan, but I'm hoping he balls out this weekend. If nothing else, assuming he'll lock onto Terry who's way way due a big game. 
I hope you’re right.

I was also planning on starting Logan Thomas when I thought Alex Smith was still playing but now I’m thinking Logan will be on the bench with Haskins starting. 

I hope you’re right.

I was also planning on starting Logan Thomas when I thought Alex Smith was still playing but now I’m thinking Logan will be on the bench with Haskins starting. 
Not that I'm trying to talk you into starting Thomas, but in the first 4 weeks with Haskins playing, he had 8, 9, 7 & 4 targets, so he was getting some looks, though it only translated to three 4 catch games and one 1 catch game. 

I agree, Thomas is basically the #2WR as they have nothing else besides Terry. Both Sims are good for about 3 catches a game...between the 2 of them.  :bag:

Dwayne Haskins apologized for social media posts showing him maskless in a strip club, breaking COVID-19 protocols. 

Haskins said he spoke with Washington head coach Ron Rivera about the incident and "took full accountability for putting the team at risk." "It was irresponsible and immature of me and I accept responsibility for my actions," he continued. It's unclear if Haskins will be available this week against the Panthers in a game that could determine Washington's playoff fate. Alex Smith, recovering from a calf injury that sidelined him last week, might be able to play against Carolina. If not, Taylor Heinicke -- who has never taken a regular season snap -- could get the nod for the Football Team. 

- Michael-Shawn Duggar
Effing shooting yourself in the foot with this stuff come on.

Nothing like your likely starting QB out maskless at a strip club a few days before he has a chance to get them into the playoffs.  Get COVID and bring it to the team?  Nah, not me bro.  Work on understanding playbook? Nah.   Watch a CAR game to understand their D?  Nah.  Prove to the WFT and NFL that I belong in the league?  Nah.  Just gonna watch some chics get naked, and maybe even get laid with some skanks.  What could go wrong?  Nice career move 👍

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal? I'm not anti mask or anything, i wear one in public out of respect. But I'm not going to wear it if nobody else in the room has one on. 

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal? I'm not anti mask or anything, i wear one in public out of respect. But I'm not going to wear it if nobody else in the room has one on. 
 You know, if it was summer and he was out doing this I probably wouldn't care one bit.  I don't care if he's out with strippers or at a family wedding.  It's the timing of it that shows that football doesn't really matter to him.  He has: 1) already violated the NFL rules, 2) now violated them a second time, 3) putting his teammates at risk, 4) doing it the week before a huge game for his team, and 5) doing it when he should be scrambling to save his floundering career.  The guy doesn't care about being an NFL QB.  And to me, that is the big deal

You know, if it was summer and he was out doing this I probably wouldn't care one bit.  I don't care if he's out with strippers or at a family wedding.  It's the timing of it that shows that football doesn't really matter to him.  He has: 1) already violated the NFL rules, 2) now violated them a second time, 3) putting his teammates at risk, 4) doing it the week before a huge game for his team, and 5) doing it when he should be scrambling to save his floundering career.  The guy doesn't care about being an NFL QB.  And to me, that is the big deal
 His coach just beat cancer and could be slightly more prone to Covid as well.  Haskins is classless.  Doesn’t surprise me one bit though. 

He should have worn a mask nor should have been at a strip club, nobody can argue otherwise. Your conclusion is harsh tho. Not many people are Andrew Luck. Most young people do dumb things, far dumber than this. Boy do I wish I could have a few re-dos. 

This clown gets no credit for apologizing since he was caught dead to rights on this.

If the QB room was healthy right now (meaning Smith and Allen were available) I wouldn’t be surprised if Ron would have just cut him this week. The team has a chance to win the division this week and you risk the health of the locker room and availability of the players with this. Not to mention your coach just had cancer. How selfish can you be? This guy is not talented enough to be a distraction like this. I would dump him for whatever I could get this offseason, cutting him if necessary. Dude is just not going to get it and is wasting a roster spot for a true developmental QB for my Skins right now.

This clown gets no credit for apologizing since he was caught dead to rights on this.

If the QB room was healthy right now (meaning Smith and Allen were available) I wouldn’t be surprised if Ron would have just cut him this week. The team has a chance to win the division this week and you risk the health of the locker room and availability of the players with this. Not to mention your coach just had cancer. How selfish can you be? This guy is not talented enough to be a distraction like this. I would dump him for whatever I could get this offseason, cutting him if necessary. Dude is just not going to get it and is wasting a roster spot for a true developmental QB for my Skins right now.
Are you in a 32-team, start 2 QB league?  :)

Are you in a 32-team, start 2 QB league?  :)
I'm talking real life here, nobody is dumb enough to roster this guy in fantasy. The guy is most likely worthless. But you never know if some GM will look at the arm and the 1st round pedigree (although he should have never been a 1st rounder) and think he can fix him. All it takes is one moron out there, and there are quite a few in the NFL. Conditional 6th round, whatever. If there are no takers, just cut him loose. 

"I take full responsibility for being in a strip club without a mask". How noble.
If I'm Ron Rivera, I would have four words for Haskins, and the first word is "Get."

It's tough that they are on the cusp of winning the division, but I think I'd take my chances running the wildcat with Gibson (if healthy), or giving Logam Thomas one last hurrah at QB.

I'm talking real life here, nobody is dumb enough to roster this guy in fantasy. The guy is most likely worthless. But you never know if some GM will look at the arm and the 1st round pedigree (although he should have never been a 1st rounder) and think he can fix him. All it takes is one moron out there, and there are quite a few in the NFL. Conditional 6th round, whatever. If there are no takers, just cut him loose. 
Ah, got it.  I can't think of a single team that would jump on Haskins, not even Seattle.

Dwayne Haskins could be fined a week's salary and face a four-game suspension for engaging in "high risk COVID-19 conduct." 

That would constitute the maximum punishment for Haskins getting caught in a strip club without a mask. He apologized for the incident in social media posts before locking down his Twitter account Tuesday. While NFL Network's Tom Pelissero said the team won't release Haskins, the QB could face serious consequences for violating basic COVID-19 protocols. The Football Team hopes Alex Smith will be able to return from his calf injury in Week 16 against Carolina. 

RELATED: 

Alex Smith

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Dec 22, 2020, 12:54 PM ET

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is a big deal? 
Yes. The dude was benched for his lack of maturity and lack of effort. Two other QBs played in his stead. Then he gets a chance to show how far he has come. How he has matured. How he takes his job seriously. How he is going to give his all to the team. And after ONE start, he goes out and violates team and league policy. He won't be on the team after the season ends, if he even makes it that far. This is a big enough deal that it sealed his fate in Washington.

Honestly would've flat-out cut him the minute I saw the tape. 

this over-reaction is gross, this kid (only 23 yrs old) is at a strip club and not hurting anyone. He didn't hit anyone, he didn't call anyone a bad word and he didn't even over drink from what we know.  A little picture of him with his mask off and everybody is done with him!!! Give me a break.

if this is the level of scrutiny we're placing on these people then shut the thing down... put them in a bubble, this is ridiculous.   

Users who are viewing this thread