What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquise Brown, KC (1 Viewer)

I think everyone is laughing now, but my point of getting Marquis is that he's a playmaker.

People are thinking way too much about who his QB is at the moment. Lamar was rookie last year so it won't get any worse. And if it won't get better, it won't be long enough until Lamar is out of the league and if Marquis is good, it won't matter who is throwing after that. Let's just see one year and talk after that... :)

Fell to 2.8 in one of my rookie drafts so I traded my 2020 second for the pick and took him. Jackson might not be a pure passer but I don’t think he is as bad as everyone makes him out to be. With brown you also have to expect a lot of quick passes off play action so as long as Jackson can get the screens and slants down then brown should be able to do aolid

ESPN's Jamison Hensley reports Marquise Brown (foot) could come off the active/NFI list "as early as next week."

Brown was spotted stretching on the field Saturday. A return next week would have the No. 25 overall pick in line for plenty of preseason reps.

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Jul 27, 2019, 5:20 PM ET

I think he's a value at this point.  I have been really low on him, but dang.  I think the community as a whole is so down on him.  I don't expect a ton from him this year, but he's still a helluva best ball target.  I think he's undervalued in dynasty.  As others have said, either Jackson proves he can pass or eventually gets replaced.  

Ravens activated WR Marquise Brown (foot) off the active/PUP list.

ESPN's Jamison Hensley reported three days ago that Brown was trending in the right direction, and the team went ahead and confirmed it today. Brown is an electrifying prospect who oozes big-play potential with his blinding speed and seamless breaks, but he is beginning his career in the league's run-heaviest offense. WR5 value figures to be the best he can hope for as a rookie.

SOURCE: Ravens on Twitter

Jul 30, 2019, 4:12 PM ET

Jamison Hensley @jamisonhensley

Ravens first-rounder Marquise Brown’s final participation numbers in 7-on-7/team drills:

-12 snaps

-5 receptions

-1 drop

Brown looked good running a lot of comeback and shallow crossing routes. He didn’t run any deep patterns.

Jonas Shaffer @jonas_shaffer

Marquise Brown has started to get 11-on-11 reps. He caught what looked like a lateral from Lamar Jackson, then worked back on a hitch route for a catch from Trace McSorley. He was able to accelerate after each.

Verdict. He fast.

Marquise Brown adds another two catches in 7-on-7. He also had another pass that was slightly behind him bounce off his shoulder pads.

As expected, he’s not exactly facing bump-and-run coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN's Jamison Hensley reports Marquise Brown (foot) "doesn’t appear to be at full strength."

This isn't a surprise after Brown started training camp on the PUP list. Brown is trying to play through a Lisfranc injury he's only six months removed from. He looks on track for Week 1, but Brown is one of the bigger setback risks.

Aug 13, 2019, 10:40 AM ET

John Harbaugh on Marquise Brown: “I saw a guy who was practicing for the first time” against another opponent. Said the rookie has a “ways to go.”

Off season news and preseason games can be misleading, especially if you try to draw conclusions about veterans. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Off season news and preseason games can be misleading, especially if you try to draw conclusions about veterans. But in my experience, rookies who miss a lot of OTAs and pre-camp stuff and preseason games due to injuries tend to not have good rookie seasons. Hollywood may turn out to be a stud, but I would be very surprised if he is relevant this season. Other guys are getting reps, getting the QBs confidence and will be ahead of him.  Draft status only goes so far.
Only rookie I can remember doing well having missed a lot of pre-season preparation: one Odell Beckham Jr.

Jonas Shaffer @jonas _shaffer

Marquise Brown's been working on one-handed catches all preseason, and he just grabbed an out route with his left paw. 

With his speed, he could have that route for the taking all season.

Thought it was cool he was making a few catches tonight.  Thought I might get him later on in the rookie draft and he went at 1.12.  Oh well.

Brian Baldinger @BaldyNFL

.@ravens @Primetime_jet made his #Ravens debut last night and while there wasn’t any “Splash” plays he sure looked healthy and his speed and quickness look ready for action in 2 weeks. #BaldysBreakdowns

Jamison Hensley @jamisonhensley

John Harbaugh said WR Hollywood Brown is "full go" for season opener: “He’s going to have to get up to speed quickly. We’ll have to be vigilant in what we ask him to do and what he can do well. It’s going to be a challenge for them, too. He’s really fast and he’s got great hands"

Updating an earlier report, Ravens coach John Harbaugh confirmed Marquise Brown (foot) will play against the Dolphins in Week 1.

There was some concern over Brown's Week 1 availability after he sat out Friday's practice, though Harbaugh put those worries to rest with his latest remarks. A DeSean Jackson clone, Brown has the skill set to be a difference-making deep threat, though it's probably best to wait and see how he meshes with Lamar Jackson (who has never been Mr. Accurate) first before employing him in fantasy.

Sep 6, 2019, 1:05 PM ET

Anyone else surprised that the Raven's week 1 depth chart has Brown, Boykin and Hill all buried?  

http://www.ravenspr.com/game_info/depth_chart.pdf

I find it hard to believe that Brown and Boykin won't be in the top 3 WRs this week but both are listed with thrid string. What to make of this?
If you're thinking about starting a rookie WR in week one, you're in trouble. Depth charts often written in mud at this point in time.

Love him for dynasty, like him for best ball. Bit risky as anything more then an end of bench stash in redraft

If you're thinking about starting a rookie WR in week one, you're in trouble. Depth charts often written in mud at this point in time.

Love him for dynasty, like him for best ball. Bit risky as anything more then an end of bench stash in redraft
I don't much care for their WRs. Brown would seem like a godsend if I were their QB. If I were nervous and ran too much, I'd look at the cat quick guy first.

I agree with you, but he's on my bench in redraft. In DFS, he's either going to make or lose me some $. He seems like a great lottery ticket right now

Not planning to start them and don't expect them to be great this year in fantasy. But I do have them in dynasty and have been watching carefully.  I expected both to get plenty of PT given how bad the team's veteran WRs are.  If they don't that would concern me.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Ravens WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown (foot) is listed as questionable, but expect him to play today vs. the #Dolphins, source said. The first-rounder likely will start.

2:03 AM 2019-09-08

Sarah Ellison @sgellison

John Harbaugh already announced that Marquise Brown would play, but I don’t think many expected him to start. The thought was that he’d slowly be eased into action. Should be interesting ...

Marquise Brown (foot) is active for Week 1 against Miami.

Brown was fully expected to play despite only practicing once this week. He's hard to trust after missing so much training camp time, but Brown and Miles Boykin should lead the team in targets. Inactive for the Ravens are QB Trace McSorley, OL Greg Senat, OL Ben Powers, WR Jaleel Scott, ILB Otaro Alaka, DT Daylon Mack, and OLB Jaylon Ferguson.

Sep 8, 2019, 11:33 AM ET

I took Marquise (14th round) and Mark Andrews (16th round) as speculative picks, hoping that Lamar Jackson improves as a passer.   Expect more from Andrews immediately, though Hollywood should make some noise at some point this year.   Ravens are going to be really run-heavy.  

Mike Clay‏Verified account @MikeClayNFL

Marquise Hollywood Brown only played 12 snaps today, per NFL Next Gen Stats

3:03 PM - 8 Sep 2019

---------------------------------

Marquise Brown

• REC 4
  • YDs 147
  • AVG 36.8
  • TD 2
  • LG 83

Users who are viewing this thread