What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquise Brown, KC (1 Viewer)

Im gonna hold and keep in my flex.... he is due for a few blowup games IMO.  I can see the PIT game being just that....both really stout Run Ds.... Pitt offense looking legit, high scoring.

After Pit it is Ind, NE, Ten, PIT, Dal, Cle, Jax. NYG

Marquise Brown caught 1-of-2 targets for three yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 8 loss to the Steelers. 

Brown was entirely uninvolved in the Ravens' lifeless passing offense, taking a backseat to Willie Snead and his seven targets. Brown caught his touchdown one play after nearly coming down with a impressive grab in the back corner of the end zone. Eventually, Brown's massive air yards will convert into actual fantasy production. Maybe that'll happen next week against the Colts, when Brown will be a low-end WR3. 

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
He's going to get dropped in a lot of leagues this week.

Holding for now since I have other bums I can drop. Brown is now buried as my #5 WR until something changes.

themeistersinger said:
Man, only two targets this week.  I'm probably going to cut him after this - running out of time.
I think he's still worth holding onto. 

The Ravens won't face a better pass rush all year, and this was a bad weather game, that the Ravens were more equipped to pound the ball. I  think the rushing success they had/have will make the deep shots more likely(and successful) in games not against the league's best pass rush in bad weather.

Brown is a guy I'll be looking to trade for right now, and from the sounds of it, it won't cost anything. I still think WR3 value is there, with upside for more, at WR5 prices.

Ravens WR Marquise Brown expressed frustration on Twitter about his usage in the team's offense. 

In a since-deleted Twitter post, Brown said "what's the point of having souljas when you never use them." Brown scored a touchdown on one of his two targets Sunday against Pittsburgh -- another low-usage day for the speedy wideout. He has the 11th most air yards in the league after eight weeks, but little to show for it. Baltimore's banged up offensive line could lead to an overtly run heavy offense for the remainder of the year, raising questions about whether the Ravens offense can support even one reliable fantasy pass catcher. Brown is a boom-bust weekly option. 

SOURCE: Bleacher Report on Twitter 

Nov 2, 2020, 12:01 PM ET

Stat Correction said:
Let's hope it works. 

My Lamar/Hollywood combo is killing me.
They've just missed on like 5 TD's this year. Its been almost unbelievable. A foot here and there, and Brown has another 300 yards and 5 TD's. 

Lamar is just not playing well at all right now. If he was at close to what he was last year, the Ravens would be undefeated right now, and everybody's Super Bowl pick.

That said, I think Lamar(and Brown and Andrews by extension) are guys I'd rather bet on than against, but I agree its been very frustrating.

I would be buying low in dynasty but own him unfortunately. I think he has the talent but Lamar needs to improve or Marquise needs a change of scenery.

They've just missed on like 5 TD's this year. Its been almost unbelievable. A foot here and there, and Brown has another 300 yards and 5 TD's. 

Lamar is just not playing well at all right now. If he was at close to what he was last year, the Ravens would be undefeated right now, and everybody's Super Bowl pick.

That said, I think Lamar(and Brown and Andrews by extension) are guys I'd rather bet on than against, but I agree its been very frustrating.
Yeah Lamar is missing his mojo this year. He is still talented enough, and so are his teammates, that they're gonna put up some points and win most games regardless. But Lamar is simply playing bad and it seems his confidence is shook to me. 

The thing about sports, as we've seen time and time again, is that the switch can get flipped. There is still time for that to happen this season and there can be fireworks. But I am not super optimistic about it happening. 

This guy was a big, fat DND and don't bother acquiring for me this year. 
I am normally someone who dismisses player limitations due to their size.

However I think Brown is too small to be a WR one for a team. I do not expect him to have a good career despite his speed and draft pedigree.

I think the Ravens are in need of a WR but they keep drafting guys who are not good. A long history of this. Brown is probably the best one they have drafted in a long time but I see him as more of a complimentary player than a actual WR one for a team.

I am normally someone who dismisses player limitations due to their size.
I can't get over how small he looks out there. Size isn't everything, but it's something. Plus his best game was his first against a Miami unit that didn't want to be there that day. Their secondary was atrocious. He's been riding off of that game ever since. I had him in redraft last year as a pick up, and won't do that again until he proves something in the NFL. 

I can't get over how small he looks out there. Size isn't everything, but it's something. Plus his best game was his first against a Miami unit that didn't want to be there that day. Their secondary was atrocious. He's been riding off of that game ever since. I had him in redraft last year as a pick up, and won't do that again until he proves something in the NFL. 
The counter argument to this is of course Tyreek Hill. Hill is thicker than Brown though. FWIW I was wrong about Hill so that has caused me to not completely turn the page on Brown, but Brown seems more like John Ross than Hill to me.

The counter argument to this is of course Tyreek Hill. Hill is thicker than Brown though. FWIW I was wrong about Hill so that has caused me to not completely turn the page on Brown, but Brown seems more like John Ross than Hill to me.
Tyreek is not small, though. He's short. Marquise looks frail out there. He doesn't look like a volume guy at all. He looks like Tavon Austin did. Perhaps I'm really wrong, but right now and from watching him last year, this guy was a big DND for me, at almost any price.

Strongly disagree with this, Brown has proven plenty, and has absolutely had more than 1 good game. He's really only had 1 truly bad game this year, and that was against KC, where Jackson was awful. Brown has 86 yards or a TD in over half his games this season. Not arguing he's a stud by any means, but I'd still call him a top-36 guy for sure.

Hill is completely unique so any comp to him is a little unfair. Brown is a hell of a lot better than Ross. Brown is basically a young D-Jax, and is pretty boom/bust, though that seems mostly QB related, as Andrews has been boom/bust too, and is universally considered a top-5 NFL TE.

Strongly disagree with this, Brown has proven plenty, and has absolutely had more than 1 good game. He's really only had 1 truly bad game this year, and that was against KC, where Jackson was awful. Brown has 86 yards or a TD in over half his games this season. Not arguing he's a stud by any means, but I'd still call him a top-36 guy for sure.

Hill is completely unique so any comp to him is a little unfair. Brown is a hell of a lot better than Ross. Brown is basically a young D-Jax, and is pretty boom/bust, though that seems mostly QB related, as Andrews has been boom/bust too, and is universally considered a top-5 NFL TE.
I probably should watch Brown more before flapping my gums about him.

I dont think he provides what Jackson needs to develop as a passer. I think Jackson needs a stronger, more reliable WR he can count on to make off target throws at times. A guy he can actually establish some rhythm with.

I dont think that's Brown or any other WR on their roster 

Brown is WR43 in PPR in total points and WR50 in average points. It's not even close to what was expected of him or what people have paid or invested draft capital in.

Sorry. He's exactly what I figured, WR4 or 5.

Was offered him for my Ronald Jones in one of my PPR dynasty leagues today. Easy reject, not sure why anyone thinks Brown is worth anything close to Jones right now....

I disagree with you.
So do you not like players who score more points generally speaking? Jones is averaging 3 points more per game that Brown, and the reality is there are a lot less available 3 down RBs than #4 or #5 WRs in FF.  

So do you not like players who score more points generally speaking? Jones is averaging 3 points more per game that Brown, and the reality is there are a lot less available 3 down RBs than #4 or #5 WRs in FF.  
I'm a big Ronald Jones fan, and think Tampa is only making things harder for their offense by insisting Fournette is Jones level when he is not, but Jones is one of the last RBs I'd call a 3 down back. The one thing Fournette does better is catch, and that was also true of McCoy, Vaughn, Ogunbowale, or whoever else was in the backfield.

Personally, I'd have Hollywood and Jones about equal in dynasty. Higher floor for Brown, higher ceiling for Jones.

Due to the Ridley injury I will have to rely on either Hollywood or John Brown this week. Clearly neither are ideal choices 

I feel like every time a wheel squeaks in fantasy it gets the grease. 

Feel like he's a good gamble this week.

Due to the Ridley injury I will have to rely on either Hollywood or John Brown this week. Clearly neither are ideal choices 
Replace John with Antonio, and that is the exact situation one of the teams in my league has. 

I think there is a decent shot Ridley plays this weekend. It was a minor injury, and he gets 10 days to recover. I'd call him 50-50. If he's out, I'd probably go Hollywood over John. 

Was offered him for my Ronald Jones in one of my PPR dynasty leagues today. Easy reject, not sure why anyone thinks Brown is worth anything close to Jones right now....
It's not like Jones has been any kind of fantasy asset, and he's a better fantasy player (when he gets volume) than an NFL player - which means his volume is far from guaranteed  -something his owners (me included) learned oh too well on Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30258155/baltimore-ravens-lamar-jackson-takes-blame-low-marquise-brown-targets

The Squeaky Wheel Treatment:

Step 1) Diva WR complains publicly about lack of targets (Could be after a win or loss) (preferably on social media). *check*
Step 2) Coach and/or QB publicly acknowledges WR’s frustration over lack of targets and promises increased involvement. *check*
Step 3) WR is featured prominently in the game plan of the following game. WR has a big game statistically. All is well. *to be determined*

We’re 2/3 of the way there guys. The matchup sucks, but we’ve all seen how this movie ends. I’m rolling him out there once again. LFG  :football:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30258155/baltimore-ravens-lamar-jackson-takes-blame-low-marquise-brown-targets

The Squeaky Wheel Treatment:

Step 1) Diva WR complains publicly about lack of targets (Could be after a win or loss) (preferably on social media). *check*
Step 2) Coach and/or QB publicly acknowledges WR’s frustration over lack of targets and promises increased involvement. *check*
Step 3) WR is featured prominently in the game plan of the following game. WR has a big game statistically. All is well. *to be determined*

We’re 2/3 of the way there guys. The matchup sucks, but we’ve all seen how this movie ends. I’m rolling him out there once again. LFG  :football:
The matchup doesn't suck though.

INDY D is actually stiff against the run, but has let WR1s eat quite a bit. And, this Indy D faced some really crappy offenses early in the season.

If it's going to happen it HAS to happen this week. 

If it doesn't, M. Brown is going to be massively dropped next week.

Right now, I'm starting Brown (over AB).

The matchup doesn't suck though.

INDY D is actually stiff against the run, but has let WR1s eat quite a bit. And, this Indy D faced some really crappy offenses early in the season.

If it's going to happen it HAS to happen this week. 

If it doesn't, M. Brown is going to be massively dropped next week.

Right now, I'm starting Brown (over AB).
Good to know. I didn’t realize Indy was struggling a bit with WR1s. Yeah, I agree that this is literally make or break for him this week. His FF starter viability is hanging on by a thread at this point. I have a similar choice to make with AB. If Godwin is out, I’ll make it a family affair and roll them both out.

Dez Bryant moved to active roster. Another potential mouth to feed in the Ravens anemic passing offense.

This move the needle at all about whether to play Hollywood tomorrow or not? The squeaky wheel treatment is to be expected, but hopefully Lamar can put a few passes on point.

Dez Bryant moved to active roster. Another potential mouth to feed in the Ravens anemic passing offense.

This move the needle at all about whether to play Hollywood tomorrow or not? The squeaky wheel treatment is to be expected, but hopefully Lamar can put a few passes on point.
I'm ignoring until Dez hits the box score in some way. 

I'm ignoring until Dez hits the box score in some way. 
Not to get too AC, but I know you are facing the same decision I am on Hollywood vs AB. Does LaCanfora’s report that AB might be heavily featured sway you at all? I’m still leaning Hollywood, but that report did give me pause.

Not to get too AC, but I know you are facing the same decision I am on Hollywood vs AB. Does LaCanfora’s report that AB might be heavily featured sway you at all? I’m still leaning Hollywood, but that report did give me pause.
I've got to start two of M. Brown, Evans, and AB.

I'm locking in M. Brown now. Just feel like this is a squeaky wheel gets the grease situation.

That then leaves me until the 8pm game to flip a coin on Evans vs. AB. I have Evans in now, but I fear the Lattimore matchup. Saw the LaCanfora report. If there is buzz pre game tonight on AB I bet I flip them.

I've got to start two of M. Brown, Evans, and AB.

I'm locking in M. Brown now. Just feel like this is a squeaky wheel gets the grease situation.

That then leaves me until the 8pm game to flip a coin on Evans vs. AB. I have Evans in now, but I fear the Lattimore matchup. Saw the LaCanfora report. If there is buzz pre game tonight on AB I bet I flip them.
I'm facing a similar decision as I need to start 2 of Hollywood, Godwin, and AB. I really wish Godwin was taking this week off, as I could see it being a decoy situation. I was hoping he'd be out and I could slide AB in there. I'm rolling with Hollywood and in case Godwin doesn't go I can pivot to AB. For what it's worth, LaCanfora is generally a terrible reporter and gets a lot of stuff wrong. If that report was coming from Sheffter, I'd give it a lot more weight. 

Hopefully the squeaky wheel gets greased. Or, let's hope Lamar can at least find the oil. 

The squeaky wheel did not get greased.

He didn't cost me the game, but Brown is officially a difficult player to hold. If push comes to serious shove he may have to go for me, but doubt that's this week.

Don't love the matchup this week @NE (unless Gilmore is still out).

There's actually a string of games that would seem to be good matchups for Brown after NE: TN, @PIT, DAL, @CLE, JAX. Wouldn't surprise me to see him dropped this week and then blow up once owners sell low.

That said, it also wouldn't surprise me if Brown is a WR4-5 ROS. 

He's definitely on my OK to drop list.  Not rage dropping him but once I find somebody worth spending FAAB on Brown will be the first to go.

The problem really is Jackson - he's just not a good passer this year.

Marquise Brown caught 2-of-6 targets for 14 yards in Week 10 against the Patriots.

It's another nondescript game from Brown, who hasn't topped 60 yards since Week 5. Even with Lamar Jackson throwing it 34 times, he couldn't complete any deep shots to Brown. Mark Andrews (9) and Willie Snead (7) both finished with more targets. Brown will try to rebound for a Week 11 matchup against the Titans.

Nov 16, 2020, 12:03 AM ET

I targeted Hollywood in all my drafts. Just a complete whiff on this one for me. I thought all the signs were there for a breakout.  

Just an unusable player at this point. I know the schedule opens up going forward, but until Lamar shows some semblance of improvement passing the ball, I don’t know how you can use him. The guy was throwing hospital balls all game last night. Some regression with Lamar was to be expected, but it’s shocking how bad he looks now. 

I’m still wary to drop him since the playoff matchups are so juicy and I wouldn’t want him blowing up against me. But at this point the odds of that happening are looking slimmer by the week.

What’s everyone else doing with him? Drop city?

Just an unusable player at this point. I know the schedule opens up going forward, but until Lamar shows some semblance of improvement passing the ball, I don’t know how you can use him. The guy was throwing hospital balls all game last night. Some regression with Lamar was to be expected, but it’s shocking how bad he looks now. 

I’m still wary to drop him since the playoff matchups are so juicy and I wouldn’t want him blowing up against me. But at this point the odds of that happening are looking slimmer by the week.

What’s everyone else doing with him? Drop city?
It's not just Jackson, it's the offensive coordinator. He has not evolved this offense one bit from last year while at the same time defenses have caught up to them.

Just an unimaginative offense. No WR sweeps for Brown (although yes for Snead) and you never see Jackson throwing with velocity at medium to long depth outside of the hashmarks. It's all lame/conservative dump offs either to Andrews who runs five yard button hooks or to another big body in Snead running in the middle.

Hard to hold him now. I have a couple other dopes to drop first (in T. Pope and J. Wilkins). Brown is next in line, but I may not need to go that deep since waivers looks slim and I'd be dropping Brown for just another aggravation.

Users who are viewing this thread