What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Domino's online profile got hacked - fraud? (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Right when I got home from work last night, I noticed an email from Domino's confirming an order "I" had placed.  Problem is, I didn't place an order.  It was done through my online profile (and therefore used my stored credit card information).  Apparently someone in the Bronx, NY hacked my profile and placed the order.  Nice job, buddy, you used your name, phone number and address for the order.  

I called the store the idiot ordered from and of course they were no help, but Domino's main customer support advised me to change my password (duh) and remove any and all credit card information from my profile.

What's the play here?  Call local police?  Is this an FBI thing (online fraud)?  Send someone to his house?  Post his phone number for all to see?

Also, should I be worried that more "online profiles" of mine could be hacked?  In case you don't use Domino's online, you log in using your email address.  I'm hoping that hackers aren't using my email address elsewhere.  

Ugh, just what I needed.  :(   

And for the record, the dummies ordered pasta.  And a Sprite.  
Further insult to injury. Just telling you, I got hacked back in 2012. They commanded my administrative rights and were sending me messages on Word files. The authorities could do nothing to stop it. Good luck.  

Right when I got home from work last night, I noticed an email from Domino's confirming an order "I" had placed.  Problem is, I didn't place an order.  It was done through my online profile (and therefore used my stored credit card information).  Apparently someone in the Bronx, NY hacked my profile and placed the order.  Nice job, buddy, you used your name, phone number and address for the order.  

I called the store the idiot ordered from and of course they were no help, but Domino's main customer support advised me to change my password (duh) and remove any and all credit card information from my profile.

What's the play here?  Call local police?  Is this an FBI thing (online fraud)?  Send someone to his house?  Post his phone number for all to see?

Also, should I be worried that more "online profiles" of mine could be hacked?  In case you don't use Domino's online, you log in using your email address.  I'm hoping that hackers aren't using my email address elsewhere.  

Forget it.  No law enforcement agency will want to do anything about it.

If you can "see" your credit card number from the Domino's app, you probably should request a new credit card.

If you use the same password with other things, you should change those too.

The Police and FBI won't care.  You have to take matters into your own hands.  You have his address, that should be enough to make him suffer. 

My wife's  CC was hacked... Citi called us when someone bought 100.00 worth of White Castle products. Then went to 3 gas stations to see if it was still active and tried to go back to White Castle.

Further insult to injury. Just telling you, I got hacked back in 2012. They commanded my administrative rights and were sending me messages on Word files. The authorities could do nothing to stop it. Good luck.  
I have a Chromebook, so nothing they can do computer-wise.

Forget it.  No law enforcement agency will want to do anything about it.

If you can "see" your credit card number from the Domino's app, you probably should request a new credit card.

If you use the same password with other things, you should change those too.
:(   That was my thought too.  

And you can't "see" any credit card info other than the last 4 digits of the card.

I think I'm just going to let this poop go.  

Can't you just mark the transaction as fraud on your credit card's website?  Charge will be removed and they'll investigate. Send them the hacker's info. If they think you need a new card, they'll send you one. This is Dominos fault, not yours. They should have to eat it.

Can't you just mark the transaction as fraud on your credit card's website?  Charge will be removed and they'll investigate. Send them the hacker's info. If they think you need a new card, they'll send you one. This is Dominos fault, not yours. They should have to eat it.
Pun intended?

The store already canceled the orders (yeah, they did it twice, once for delivery, once for pickup) so I don't believe there's going to be anything on my credit (well, debit) card... but I am going to watch my bank info.  I may actually go into a branch later to discuss.

Da Guru said:
My wife's  CC was hacked... Citi called us when someone bought 100.00 worth of White Castle products. Then went to 3 gas stations to see if it was still active and tried to go back to White Castle.
White Castle & Dominos. Who says crooks have no taste?

Fun Fact:  I actually just learned over the weekend that Dominos stopped using the Noid character because a mentally unstable man with the last name Noid shot up a dominos and held the employees hostage.  He thought the commercials were aimed at him.

Fun Fact:  I actually just learned over the weekend that Dominos stopped using the Noid character because a mentally unstable man with the last name Noid shot up a dominos and held the employees hostage.  He thought the commercials were aimed at him.
huh

https://www.fastcompany.com/3032911/kidnapping-death-pizza-how-dominos-lost-its-mascot

On January 30, 1989, a 22-year-old man named Kenneth Lamar Noid walked into a Domino’s Pizza in Atlanta, Georgia, with a .357 magnum revolver and took two employees hostages. After a five-hour standoff during which Noid demanded $100,000 in ransom money, the employees in question escaped. But the damage to the Noid brand was done: not only was the headline too good to ignore (“Domino’s Hostages Couldn’t Avoid the Noid this Time”) but it turned out that Kenneth Lamar Noid actually believed he was the Noid–or, at least, the Noid’s original inspiration.

A paranoid schizophrenic, Noid believed that Domino’s Pizza founder Tom Monaghan had created the “Avoid the Noid” campaign specifically to persecute him. Sadly, the incident sounded the death knell for both Noids. Unable to shake his belief that Domino’s had created the Noid campaign to ridicule him, Noid spent three months in a mental institution, and eventually committed suicide in 1995. As for the Claymation demon that drove him to his death, save a brief appearance in a Facebook game in 2011 to celebrate his 25th birthday, the Noid hasn’t been seen since.

the original article: https://priceonomics.com/how-dominos-pizza-lost-its-mascot/

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, I doubt the guy on the receiving end of the pizza is the mastermind behind this whole hacking operation.  If the police would contact him he'd have some stupid story about how he thought this was all legit.  I think the money is in selling the usernames and passwords.

huh

https://www.fastcompany.com/3032911/kidnapping-death-pizza-how-dominos-lost-its-mascot

On January 30, 1989, a 22-year-old man named Kenneth Lamar Noid walked into a Domino’s Pizza in Atlanta, Georgia, with a .357 magnum revolver and took two employees hostages. After a five-hour standoff during which Noid demanded $100,000 in ransom money, the employees in question escaped. But the damage to the Noid brand was done: not only was the headline too good to ignore (“Domino’s Hostages Couldn’t Avoid the Noid this Time”) but it turned out that Kenneth Lamar Noid actually believed he was the Noid–or, at least, the Noid’s original inspiration.

A paranoid schizophrenic, Noid believed that Domino’s Pizza founder Tom Monaghan had created the “Avoid the Noid” campaign specifically to persecute him. Sadly, the incident sounded the death knell for both Noids. Unable to shake his belief that Domino’s had created the Noid campaign to ridicule him, Noid spent three months in a mental institution, and eventually committed suicide in 1995. As for the Claymation demon that drove him to his death, save a brief appearance in a Facebook game in 2011 to celebrate his 25th birthday, the Noid hasn’t been seen since.

the original article: https://priceonomics.com/how-dominos-pizza-lost-its-mascot/
I will never forget the time that the Noid delivered our pizza to us in a limousine while we were staying at a beachfront motel in the 80s.  It was the most Jersey thing imaginable at the time. 

For what it's worth, I doubt the guy on the receiving end of the pizza is the mastermind behind this whole hacking operation.  If the police would contact him he'd have some stupid story about how he thought this was all legit.  I think the money is in selling the usernames and passwords.
I don't doubt that.

FWIW I have been getting a lot more spam emails at this email address recently too.  I'm thinking someone got a hold of my address and somehow got the password info too.

nirad3 said:
The store already canceled the orders (yeah, they did it twice, once for delivery, once for pickup) so I don't believe there's going to be anything on my credit (well, debit) card... but I am going to watch my bank info.  I may actually go into a branch later to discuss.
:eek:

You use your debit card for ANYTHING online you are taking a serious risk. Absolutely no way in hell I would do that. Way, way more protection with a credit card. Sort of shocked no one brought that up yet.

nirad3 said:

start sending them everything.....mags, viagara samples, bibles, pizzas, chinese food, whores, scientology crap, etc.

They ordered a pizza, wings, and a sprite on my card... but get this... they used a 50% off coupon!! Like for real... who does that? I’m assuming it’s the same guys that stole my cc info also... Bronx.... apartment 22?? I even emailed the chief of police up there.... but I’m sure they don’t give a crap. Ugh!!!!

My credit card was used three different times to order pizza in one day in three different locations. I received emails that the pizza was ordered. This means they got my credit card info from domino’s online ordering. I am so upset about this! 

Users who are viewing this thread