Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Why is this place a ghost town?

On 1/15/2019 at 12:57 PM, sho nuff said:

Um...what?

Track guy, bragging about height and weight, gambling talk...yeah...are you or are you not the poster formerly known as GiantsFan?

Sounds more legit than DNA testing.  I mean how many guys fit that description?  

The Gillette thread is a perfect example.   Mostly a bunch of snarky left-winger without a clue in the world why someone might be turned off by an ad which openly bashes males, and very specifically white males.  Of course snarky left-wingers get free-reign in this forum, or at least 100 times moreso than conservatives.   Joe and Co. have effectively chased away the typical rural white male from this forum with their ridiculously one-sided moderation.  Of course who are the biggest football fans....rural white males.   Very smart. 

Edited by jon_mx

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

The Gillette thread is a perfect example.   Mostly a bunch of snarky left-winger without a clue in the world why someone might be turned off by ad which openly bashes males, and very specifically white males.  Of course snarky left-wingers get free-reign in this forum, or at least 100 times moreso than conservatives.   Joe and Co. have effectively chased away the rural white male from this forum with their ridiculously one-sided moderation.  Of course who are the biggest football fans....rural white males.   Very smart. 

You seem to be open to mature, thoughtful dialogue.  I wonder why you are having an issue.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

10 minutes ago, shuke said:

You seem to be open to mature, thoughtful dialogue.  I wonder why you are having an issue.

You believe a bunch of snarky condescending mocking responses are thoughtful dialog?  

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

You believe a bunch of snarky condescending mocking responses are thoughtful dialog?  

You believe making yet another thread about the plight of the white male is thoughtful dialog?  And that the mods are chasing away the rural white male?

26 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

You believe making yet another thread about the plight of the white male is thoughtful dialog?  And that the mods are chasing away the rural white male?

It is the most emotionally divisive topic of the time and we can't deal with it because it is wrong for white males to be tired of the constant bashing?  White males are supposed to be non-human and just accept the bigotry thrown at them.   

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It is the most emotionally divisive topic of the time and we can't deal with it because it is wrong for white males to be tired of the constant bashing?  White males are supposed to be non-human and just accept the hatred thrown at them.   

Nobody is saying that Jon amd no need to make this thread about it too.

Have a nice day...I’m a rural white guy and I’m going to enjoy today.

8 minutes ago, Ranethe said:

I’m a rural white guy too. I’ve never felt like I was being chased away.

Thats some really funny stuff. Some gifts never stop giving.

Of course you are in the minority of that group who vote Democrat.   About 70 percent of rural white guys vote Republican.  Those are the guys I am talking about.

As a side note, it is also funny they spent time making the media heros too.  

i just like to come here to whine i get out of bed and think i am going to go to a message board and complain about that board then when i am done with that i sit in a chair and stare at a wall and realize that i must clearly have literally nothing else in my life that has even an ounce of value because hey the number one thing i do is whine on a message board and that my friends is the meaning of halloween take that to the bank brohans 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

The Gillette thread is a perfect example.   Mostly a bunch of snarky left-winger without a clue in the world why someone might be turned off by an ad which openly bashes males, and very specifically white males.  Of course snarky left-wingers get free-reign in this forum, or at least 100 times moreso than conservatives.   Joe and Co. have effectively chased away the typical rural white male from this forum with their ridiculously one-sided moderation.  Of course who are the biggest football fans....rural white males.   Very smart. 

Didn't Dodds vote for Trump? Whether he did or didn't, I don't think the owners of this board choose who to moderate based on a poster's party affiliation. Also, did you know that almost half of those that make up the NFL fanbase are women? It's true.

I've seen that Gillette commercial, and I just don't see how it is openly bashing white males.  When I watched it I didn't even notice the color of the people in it. I rewatched it after seeing you say that the bad guys in it were mainly white guys and the stand-up guys were minorities, and I still don't think it is openly bashing white males. It's portraying how masculinity has been used in negative ways. I think Gillette's target audience is the younger generation of males. The past generations have accepted the behavior shown in the commercial, and it is unacceptable, and it is trying to convey to be better people. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, simey said:

Didn't Dodds vote for Trump? Whether he did or didn't, I don't think the owners of this board choose who to moderate based on a poster's party affiliation. Also, did you know that almost half of those that make up the NFL fanbase are women? It's true.

I've seen that Gillette commercial, and I just don't see how it is openly bashing white males.  When I watched it I didn't even notice the color of the people in it. I rewatched it after seeing you say that the bad guys in it were mainly white guys and the stand-up guys were minorities, and I still don't think it is openly bashing white males. It's portraying how masculinity has been used in negative ways. I think Gillette's target audience is the younger generation of males. The past generations have accepted the behavior shown in the commercial, and it is unacceptable, and it is trying to convey to be better people. 

I don't see where he got that from either. The ethnic mix in the commercial probably matches the racial demographics in this country (and I would assume that a majority of Gillette customers are probably white). And the guys shown breaking up the bullying are predominantly white if not all white IIRC.

27 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Can we get a link to this commercial - or a repost?  

ETA:  forget it - found it.  What the hell is the problem here? 

This commercial has nothing but a positive message, who's upset here - bullies?  

Communists & fascists.  Quit being a doormat....

• Laughing 1

5 hours ago, simey said:

Dodds is hardly here and never  did much as far as moderation.  I have seen a 45 percent number for women that make up NFL fanbase, but it is more like 35 percent and I even think that might be high.  It is certainly a lot higher than what makes up these forums.  I have no idea how moderators were chosen, but the results speak for themselves as the number of liberal posters dominate the PSF.  I know I get about 10 posts which are purely troll bait for every post that is a legitimate respectful response.  

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 8:27 AM, jon_mx said:

Lol and we’re the snowflakes 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, spOOfy said:

Over moderation on most of the entertaining topics, posts and posters.  

The way this site went to a G rating was a little extreme and disappointing but that is what Joe decided to do.    There is nothing you can do but make the best of it or move on.   There are still great people and fantastic threads here.  The Beatles thread is a perfect example.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

A perfect example of the snarky trolling stuff.  Not whinning, just illustrating the one-sideness.   That would be a banning for someone on the other side.   

The term snowflake has been tossed at liberals for 2.5 years here. Please stop crying. It’s unbecoming for the self-imposed tougher side of the political spectrum. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Capella said:

The term snowflake has been tossed at liberals for 2.5 years here. Please stop crying. It’s unbecoming for the self-imposed tougher side of the political spectrum. 

More Trolling.  Leftist endless troll, conservatives get banned for responding to it.  Same old story every thread.  

On 1/18/2019 at 3:14 PM, Kafka said:
On 1/18/2019 at 2:44 PM, Binky The Doormat said:

Can we get a link to this commercial - or a repost?  

ETA:  forget it - found it.  What the hell is the problem here? 

This commercial has nothing but a positive message, who's upset here - bullies?  

Communists & fascists.  Quit being a doormat....

Are commies known for their misogyny?  

9 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

The way this site went to a G rating was a little extreme and disappointing but that is what Joe decided to do.    There is nothing you can do but make the best of it or move on.   There are still great people and fantastic threads here.  The Beatles thread is a perfect example.  

He asked and I believe that is the main reason.  It's obvious Joe is reading this thread so maybe he'll reconsider his stance.  

13 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Aaaaaaaand scene!

All right, great job, guys!  This was a perfect re-enactment of how this place fell to crap.  Great acting by everyone.  But I think the point is made.  Politics made this place a ghost town.

They can’t control themselves and the way it’s moderated enables it.....its crazy. 

• Like 1