What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is this place a ghost town? (1 Viewer)

shuke said:
That's where I think you're wrong. Not allowing the guys to make the "locker room" comments about women using anonymous screen names saying things in public that have to be deleted by the mods is far from treating them "like pre-teens". You're welcome of course to disagree. But that's how we're going to run the board. 
Joe, I'm not sure why I'm going to bother arguing here but saying something like "I think Carla Gugino is really attractive for someone in her late 40's" is nothing near something that would be considered "locker room talk".

Hello, exactly!  I've never been in a locker room and uttered these words:  "While not a conventionally "beautiful" woman, I am "oddly" attracted to Kristen Schaal.

(which I am, btw)

But I feel safe to do that at Footballguys.com.   Or, I did...

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, most people here really don't care and the rest are probably just pulling your chain a bit. I never seem to mind the people that get everyone so riled up. Hell, I liked RoknRoll and Qanon. Need some life around here.
Seriously. 

Way too few antagonists around here with all these protagonists running around.

This board was filled with some of the funniest people around.  I would read posts that literally had me in tears from laughing.  Coworkers thought I was crazy.  But, like, before they actually knew they were on to something.  It was a community where people laughed and told funny stories about everyday happenings in their office.  It was a great escape from doing actual work during the workday.  

But then political correctness and politics began to infiltrate the board.  Comedy killers.  Every single thread was about someone being offended by something.  "People who like the Redskins are Nazis!", "People who like Republicans/Democrats are Nazis!", "People who like Hitler are Nazis!', and so on.  I get that times change and nothing is constant.  But the shift from what made this site great to what killed it was supersonic in speed.  

I miss the fun and stories.  The tildes laying on the bathroom floor.  That's what sucked me in for a decade of wasted work hours.  The people who kept talking about politics pushed me out.  I mean, honestly, the people who like talking about politics on the internet are like Nazis.

This board was filled with some of the funniest people around.  I would read posts that literally had me in tears from laughing.  Coworkers thought I was crazy.  But, like, before they actually knew they were on to something.  It was a community where people laughed and told funny stories about everyday happenings in their office.  It was a great escape from doing actual work during the workday.  

But then political correctness and politics began to infiltrate the board.  Comedy killers.  Every single thread was about someone being offended by something.  "People who like the Redskins are Nazis!", "People who like Republicans/Democrats are Nazis!", "People who like Hitler are Nazis!', and so on.  I get that times change and nothing is constant.  But the shift from what made this site great to what killed it was supersonic in speed.  

I miss the fun and stories.  The tildes laying on the bathroom floor.  That's what sucked me in for a decade of wasted work hours.  The people who kept talking about politics pushed me out.  I mean, honestly, the people who like talking about politics on the internet are like Nazis.
Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with.   /GroundHogDay

Good to see you around Sheik - hopefully you stick around but I get where you are coming from.

"Hail to The Sheik!"

i don't even think Russian Bride draft would fly today.   

Sheik - you will forever be Super Elite Upper Tier.

:mellow:

Um, yes...

Man, great post. Hope all is well. 

What if I told you...that all the political discussion is now in a separate forum?

You could just come back and talk about terrible reality tv with me. 

Temptation Island is back. 

Even I am embarrassed about watching that show. 
I love how the judges are like, "Do you think it's Lady Gaga?  Or maybe Michelle Obama?  Or maybe Jesus Christ?"  

I've become so DVR dependent, I usually don't watch these shows until the weekend.  I'm always so behind and the internet news sites are terrible with spoilers.  I love the headlines that read:

"The Masked Singer Sent Home **SPOILER** Lady Gaga Last Night!"

Did they really think I wouldn't see the rest of the headline?   :rant:

Step 1: Join message board

Step 2: Annoy people

Step 3: Get offended when they call you on it

Step 4: Call everyone uptight and tell them to chillax 100 times

I remember when the trolls 'round these parts were at least clever.  Those were the days, man.
He's not entirely off base. But people act as if coming here for 15 years makes them more right about forum etiquette. @ZenoRazon has a better handle on how it should be than most in here calling him a troll. He's not the one that needs to change. A whole lot of people need to lighten up in here. It's like this place is nothing but point counter point, punch counter punch, that everyone comes in here, boxing gloves raised and ready to attack and perceive everything as an attack. What he is talking about is epidemic to this board and needs to change. A whole lot of people should be looking in the mirror rather than telling Zeno how it is. 

I love how the judges are like, "Do you think it's Lady Gaga?  Or maybe Michelle Obama?  Or maybe Jesus Christ?"  

I've become so DVR dependent, I usually don't watch these shows until the weekend.  I'm always so behind and the internet news sites are terrible with spoilers.  I love the headlines that read:

"The Masked Singer Sent Home **SPOILER** Lady Gaga Last Night!"

Did they really think I wouldn't see the rest of the headline?   :rant:
YOU GUYS, I THINK THAT'S JULIAN ASSANGE!!!

*unmasks*

Oh, it's the corpse of Vern Troyer on top of the robot from Short Circuit.  I was so close!

He's not entirely off base. But people act as if coming here for 15 years makes them more right about forum etiquette. @ZenoRazon has a better handle on how it should be than most in here calling him a troll. He's not the one that needs to change. A whole lot of people need to lighten up in here. It's like this place is nothing but point counter point, punch counter punch, that everyone comes in here, boxing gloves raised and ready to attack and perceive everything as an attack. What he is talking about is epidemic to this board and needs to change. A whole lot of people should be looking in the mirror rather than telling Zeno how it is. 
Thank you sir, appreciate that.

Bottom line was I am not new at this stuff as I   have tried to tell people, totally battle tested and couldn't care less if you have been here  20 years and me a day, so what.  I have probably posted more on all those track, music, football, rasslin forums than anyone here has posted..  So to have to.....you need to do.....hahahaha~~   When actually it was....and you need to shut up and not worry about it.

Retired, have grandkids and some guy on a messageboard is trying to tell me......hahahahaha~~~~~~~

So just because someone likes Hitler, they're a Nazi?  This is the PC crap I'm talking about. 
:yes:  Yes, indeed, that is usually the case, unless one has some abnormal admiration for mass murderers or those who commit genocide.  

I think people call him that because his behavior resembles that at times.

BTW...Im 99.999% sure its GiantsFan (if people recall him...anyone from FFT certainly would).

I have to disagree.  I was once a n00b here (still feel that way from time to time) 6ish years ago, and like this ZenoRazon guy, had YEARS of "other" message board experience coming in.  I was at like 35k posts at The Huddle when I started posting over here.

But I knew my place and didn't act like a bull in a china shop.   :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread