Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL AFC CHAMPIONSHIP : KC Chiefs vs NE Patriots ***


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What ever happens guys Tony Romo makes his first career SB appearance in 2 weeks so congrats to him on that lofty achievement 

At least Andy saved those three time outs.

After further review TD New England 

2 minutes ago, cockroach said:

Because they cheat? 

I wish the Lion would learn how to cheat the system. I think I read Tom Brady himself has won 30 playoff games since the Lions have last won a playoff game. That is almost 2 full seasons.

Edited by Da Guru
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the chiefs fans on a very nice year and on not only having a star qb, te send wr but finding a great replacement for hunt. You'll see the chiefs back here again soon. I appreciate the chiefs fans for being cool during a season when they could have been talking up a storm.  I'll be rooting for you to get one in the future. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bostonfred said:

Congrats to the chiefs fans on a very nice year and on not only having a star qb, te send wr but finding a great replacement for hunt. You'll see the chiefs back here again soon. I appreciate the chiefs fans for being cool during a season when they could have been talking up a storm.  I'll be rooting for you to get one in the future. 

🤣

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Army Eye said:

What, they can't punt?  Not an even trade at all.

I didn't say it was an even trade.  If they go 3 and out the other team has great field position.  You obviously still want to win the coin toss.   No matter what system you devise, the team that wins the coin toss is going to have the advantage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_Man said:

AFC Super Bowl QBs since 2003

Brady: 8

Manning: 4

Ben: 3

Flacco: 1

In the last 23 years, only 7 AFC teams have been to the Super Bowl. Only 3 NFC teams have NOT (Wash, Minn, Det) 

Everyone knows Brady benefits from being in a crappy division. 

Still the best QB to play the game tho. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Great entertaining game...gotta give the pats credit for winning the coin toss

Same #### as in 2009 season.  Overtime has to be tweaked again.  Just play a full 10 minute quarter and give each team a chance.  The NFL MVP didn't get to touch the ball in OT of  the AFC championship game.  Stupid.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but College Overtime > NFL Overtime.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

As much as I wanted the Chiefs to win I respect the hell out of Tom Brady and Billy B.. How can you not?

Edelman and Gronk are gamers too.

BB and TB are the greatest ever. I root against them every time but they’re above and beyond any other coach/QB combo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

Same #### as in 2009 season.  Overtime has to be tweaked again.  Just play a full 10 minute quarter and give each team a chance.  The NFL MVP didn't get to touch the ball in OT of  the AFC championship game.  Stupid.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but College Overtime > NFL Overtime.

 

Luckiest sobs ever...tuck rule...spy gate.deflate gate....28 to 3...Win the coin toss in superbowl ot....russel wilson superbowl int...dee ford offsides int....win cointoss in arrowhead.....how they #### they lose to eli twice???

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Luckiest sobs ever...tuck rule...spy gate.deflate gate....28 to 3...Win the coin toss in superbowl ot....russel wilson superbowl int...dee ford offsides int....win cointoss in arrowhead.....how they #### they lose to eli twice???

Luck 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Luckiest sobs ever...tuck rule...spy gate.deflate gate....28 to 3...Win the coin toss in superbowl ot....russel wilson superbowl int...dee ford offsides int....win cointoss in arrowhead.....how they #### they lose to eli twice???

You forgot coaching stupidity on the other side of the field. Mike Martz thinks he's the greatest thing ever. Seattle calling a pass play when you have Beast mode and he's been unstoppable. Shanahan calling pass plays when you need to run, kick the FG and go home with the Lombardi. Dumb coaches hand Lombardis to inferior patriot teams (talent wise) that are simply better coached.

And of course, any coach that plays zone against dink & dunk Brady. Stupidity allows the Patriots to dominate. They are simply smarter than ever other team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

You forgot coaching stupidity on the other side of the field. Mike Martz thinks he's the greatest thing ever. Seattle calling a pass play when you have Beast mode and he's been unstoppable. Shanahan calling pass plays when you need to run, kick the FG and go home with the Lombardi. Dumb coaches hand Lombardis to inferior patriot teams (talent wise) that are simply better coached.

And of course, any coach that plays zone against dink & dunk Brady. Stupidity allows the Patriots to dominate. They are simply smarter than ever other team.

Lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

Same #### as in 2009 season.  Overtime has to be tweaked again.  Just play a full 10 minute quarter and give each team a chance.  The NFL MVP didn't get to touch the ball in OT of  the AFC championship game.  Stupid.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but College Overtime > NFL Overtime.

 

Just make another 15 minute quarter. Whoever is leading at the end of it wins. As many scores as possible can occur. Just for the playoffs though. Regular season is fine with this format. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

Same #### as in 2009 season.  Overtime has to be tweaked again.  Just play a full 10 minute quarter and give each team a chance.  The NFL MVP didn't get to touch the ball in OT of  the AFC championship game.  Stupid.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but College Overtime > NFL Overtime.

 

Maybe a 10 minute quarter would be better. Maybe then people would complain because one team starting the OT with a 7 minute drive doesn't give the other team enough time with the ball. I don't know.

I do know that KC had 3 chances to stop NE with 3rd & 10's and failed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

I didn't say it was an even trade.  If they go 3 and out the other team has great field position.  You obviously still want to win the coin toss.   No matter what system you devise, the team that wins the coin toss is going to have the advantage.

You can devise much fairer systems.  Just make OT a full period.  Or keep the current sudden-death setup but each team at least gets one possession.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a game. On the Ford offsides play, nobody in the stadium saw that flag. Everyone was hugging and high fiving and shouting that we were finally going to the Super Bowl. For a few seconds, it was surreal. We got such a brief taste of what it’s like. On to next year, I guess.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bud29 said:

What a game. On the Ford offsides play, nobody in the stadium saw that flag. Everyone was hugging and high fiving and shouting that we were finally going to the Super Bowl. For a few seconds, it was surreal. We got such a brief taste of what it’s like. On to next year, I guess.

what a kick in the nuts man....that sucks, that idiot was over the line though, have to call it....the phantom roughing passer call earlier in the quarter was god awful

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, brun said:

Maybe a 10 minute quarter would be better. Maybe then people would complain because one team starting the OT with a 7 minute drive doesn't give the other team enough time with the ball. I don't know.

I do know that KC had 3 chances to stop NE with 3rd & 10's and failed.

 

You're right.  Pick plays are hard to stop.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Horrible KC defense.  No idea why the safety was playing 25 yards back consistently on 3rd and 10.

Didn't watch the game but did Brady even complete a pass over 20 yards to give that much of a cushion?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have family living three miles from the stadium.  Debating on how I might get my hand on a few tickets and if I can justify that price.  Anyone know of a ticket source they recommend?  

Edited by Shutout
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, modogg said:

Big Balls Doug P and Big D Nick Foles would argue that :bowtie:

 

Lots of people can do something once.   It's like that one time you nailed that long putt or that half court shot.  But you see the Patriots have basically been doing this closing in on two straight decades.  You can't take that away from them or  slight that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Brady’s pretty good.

He is although if not for that neutral zone penalty he would have thrown three picks in a losing effort.     As great as he is there is a fine line between winning and losing in this business.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So many plays / calls that could have changed the outcome of this game.

 

- Brady throws int in the end zone on 3rd and goal from the 1 ... takes at least 3 points off the board for NE. Maybe 7 if they run it there.

- Mahomes takes a 14 yd sack on 3rd down to push them out of FG range. Potential 3 points lost there

- NE goes for it on 4th and 1 instead of taking the easy FG. Stuffed. another 3 points off the board for NE

- Big 3rd down conversion late in the game ... Hogans one handed catch that was reviewed ... could argue he lost control when he rolled onto the ball and it hit the ground. 

- Edelmans muffed punt ... that wasn't a muffed punt? Enough evidence to prove that he did not touch it?

-  Bradys game ending int ... that was negated by Ford lining up in the neutral zone ... why on this play Ford? Yikes.

- NE down by 4 points, forced to go for it on 4th and inches, KC with a chance to end the game on defense. Michel takes it in for a TD 

- NE wins Coin toss. They get to call it because they are the away team? So much for home field advantage.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...