What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Weather Reports (1 Viewer)

It's been pouring rain in Los Angeles the past few days. We're supposed to get 6 inches this week. All that moisture is gonna move east eventually. If it's cold enough I'd expect snow to hit the NY, CT, MA areas by Saturday. 
Not sure what I think about all of this.  It's made getting the kids to school more of a challenge, that's for sure.  But I like the rain in general.  In fact, I miss living in locations that had regular thunderstorms.  

Supposed to rain all afternoon and through the night... into tomorrow I believe.

Gonna be cooooold this weekend for the marathon. Not looking forward to it.

(FTR, I'm not participating in any running, just not looking forward to the cold.)

eh - typical January for Southwest Pennsylvania

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Pittsburgh PA
238 PM EST Tue Jan 15 2019

MDZ001-OHZ039>041-048>050-057>059-068-069-PAZ007>009-013>016-020>023-
029-031-073>076-WVZ001>004-012-021-509>514-161200-
Garrett-Tuscarawas-Carroll-Columbiana-Coshocton-Harrison-Jefferson-
Muskingum-Guernsey-Belmont-Noble-Monroe-Mercer-Venango-Forest-
Lawrence-Butler-Clarion-Beaver-Allegheny-Armstrong-Indiana-
Washington-Greene-Westmoreland-Westmoreland Ridges-Fayette-
Fayette Ridges-Hancock-Brooke-Ohio-Marshall-Wetzel-Marion-Monongalia-
Ridges of Eastern Monongalia and Northwestern Preston-Preston-
Eastern Preston-Western Tucker-Eastern Tucker-
238 PM EST Tue Jan 15 2019

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for western Maryland, east
central Ohio, northwest Pennsylvania, southwest Pennsylvania, west
central Pennsylvania, western Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia
and northern panhandle of West Virginia.

.DAY ONE...This Afternoon and Tonight.

Areas of freezing drizzle will be possible tonight.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

Areas of freezing drizzle will be possible Wednesday.

A fast-moving weather system could produce a moderate snowfall
Thursday afternoon into early Friday.

A significant winter storm is possible Saturday and Sunday. Bitter
cold air arrives Sunday into Monday. Wind chill headlines may be
needed for this time frame.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Weather spotters are encouraged to report significant weather
 conditions according to Standard Operating Procedures.

Chicago area.

Could be a fairly good storm. To early to tell though. There are so many different "models" these days its ridiculous.

Fun watching though.

This weekend is going to be a mess.  Heavy snow to heavy rain to snow with crashing temps.  

It's going to be one of those forecasts where no one is happy because snow maps will show totals that will be affected by rain.  Honestly, I think people have become too fixated on the numbers.  "You called for 3-6 inches, but we only got a little over 2 inches!  :rant: "  I mean, it was missed by less than an inch.  And if you measure in a different part of your yard, you probably get a different number.  So weird.

That said, first wave comes in Thursday evening. (As a reminder, when I make general references, I'm referring to my exact location.)  I believe the evening rush should be safe, but still in the "needs to be watched" zone.  Temps have been cold, so the snow should have no trouble sticking right from the start.  I think most will see 1-3 inches and the snow will wrap up before Friday rush hour.  That perfectly timed, crappy snowfall that doesn't get you out of work early or off the next day.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned
This weekend is going to be a mess.  Heavy snow to heavy rain to snow with crashing temps.  

It's going to be one of those forecasts where no one is happy because snow maps will show totals that will be affected by rain.  Honestly, I think people have become too fixated on the numbers.  "You called for 3-6 inches, but we only got a little over 2 inches!  :rant: "  I mean, it was missed by less than an inch.  And if you measure in a different part of your yard, you probably get a different number.  So weird.

That said, first wave comes in Thursday evening. (As a reminder, when I make general references, I'm referring to my exact location.)  I believe the evening rush should be safe, but still in the "needs to be watched" zone.  Temps have been cold, so the snow should have no trouble sticking right from the start.  I think most will see 1-3 inches and the snow will wrap up before Friday rush hour.  That perfectly timed, crappy snowfall that doesn't get you out of work early or off the next day.
There he is !

😀

Perfect timing!  I'm driving to Indianapolis this weekend - supposed to be a lot of snow.  I assume those people know how to deal with it and I should be fine on the roads?

Perfect timing!  I'm driving to Indianapolis this weekend - supposed to be a lot of snow.  I assume those people know how to deal with it and I should be fine on the roads?
Nobody knows how to deal with you.  My condolences to the fine citizens of Indianapolis.

Wow.  Latest Euro run just put down a MAJOR ice storm.  Some spots showing 1.5 inches of ice.  That would be crippling.  

Energy comes ashore tonight so models should start to hone in their solutions.

Ice on top of snow, then a possible flash freeze?  Talk about crippling.  If it happens.

The amount of ice these models are displaying would even make hip hop artists jealous.

I've not paid specific attention to anything outside of NE Ohio, but a friend of mine in SW Ohio posted something about the ice line being around I-70.  That road goes right through Indy.  I'd get up to speed on where that ice line is in Indiana.  The wind will be a #####, but it's only an issue if you're also dealing with ice.

Are you back for good or just teasing us?

We've had to deal with complete weather amateurs on this site the last few years and let me tell you, their forecasts were about on par with the professionals.

We were used to much better pre-TIS exit...

Are you back for good or just teasing us?

We've had to deal with complete weather amateurs on this site the last few years and let me tell you, their forecasts were about on par with the professionals.

We were used to much better pre-TIS exit...
Not sure.  I'm kind of in a 30 day trial period.  But I'm holding onto my receipt, just in case.

Here, just west of DC, we are on the rain/snow line. Western NoVA is being called for 1-2 inches. Not sure about Sunday.

My kids have a day off on Friday already (Teacher workday for end of semester) so it's NBD. They had Monday called for snow (10 inches over the weekend) and Tuesday and Wednesday 2 hr delay for icy conditions.

They are WIMPS here in NoVA with snow. They cancel at the threat of snow!!!

Even for the places that get no snow, there could be 2 inches of rain on frozen ground when temps crash into the single digits Sunday night.  Ice Ice Baby.

Here, just west of DC, we are on the rain/snow line. Western NoVA is being called for 1-2 inches. Not sure about Sunday.

My kids have a day off on Friday already (Teacher workday for end of semester) so it's NBD. They had Monday called for snow (10 inches over the weekend) and Tuesday and Wednesday 2 hr delay for icy conditions.

They are WIMPS here in NoVA with snow. They cancel at the threat of snow!!!
Wait.  What?

They've already called for 2 hour delays for next Wednesday?  :confused:

You might be going Friday, but leaving Sunday morning might not happen.
Probably replace might not happen to is not happening.  Just hope you're able to leave in the afternoon once the storm is gone and that you're not snowed/iced in.  If you can't get out hope you're able to before the next storm comes through mid-week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im fine to leave Sun afternoon if needed
Are you going to be in a place that will ensure clear roads despite 6-12" plus of snow, possibly ice, then immediately followed by frigid temperatures and howling wind?  I know some of the Poconos involves main roads in which this will probably be managed fine, but some of those side roads...

Pulling out is for suckers.
Mmm, I see what you did there.   :thumbup:

Also, looks like this rain is going to let up tonight and we're in the clear for the foreseeable future.  Yay, back to 68 and partly cloudy.   :sadbanana:

MAC_32 said:
I've not paid specific attention to anything outside of NE Ohio, but a friend of mine in SW Ohio posted something about the ice line being around I-70.  That road goes right through Indy.  I'd get up to speed on where that ice line is in Indiana.  The wind will be a #####, but it's only an issue if you're also dealing with ice.
They are saying a Winter Weather Advisory issued at 4 a.m. Thursday. "Expect slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving."  The advisory expires at 10 a.m today so I'm assuming I should know by tonight or tomorrow morning how things will be.  Thanks.

Latest Euro runs move everything slightly north.  Only concern for SE PA would be the possible flash freeze after.  But I'm always skeptical of FF's because along with crashing temps come brutal winds.  Winds that tend to dry everything before temps can freeze anything.

Users who are viewing this thread