What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Weather Reports (1 Viewer)

I see there was a deadly pile up on the road I took to work today.  Reports still coming in but possibly 40 cars involved.  Seems to happen every time there's a snow squall like this.  So sad.  People don't listen.  

NWS created these warnings just for this reason.   :(

-33F this morning with -60F windchill. Central MN. 

10-yo son asked if he could play outside. He loves winter. No. Another lesson given in safety, preparedness and life or death situations including for our inside dogs when they go outside, even for just a few minutes. 

-33F this morning with -60F windchill. Central MN. 

10-yo son asked if he could play outside. He loves winter. No. Another lesson given in safety, preparedness and life or death situations including for our inside dogs when they go outside, even for just a few minutes. 
Earlier, my daughter (4) asked me if we could go ice fishing after lunch :)

One thing (and I suspect many of you might be seeing the same)...I am getting a ton of emails from activity centers saying "No school?! Bring the kids here for ___________". I get it (and lord knows my kids are climbing the friggin walls here) but just seems a little...I don't know...irresponsible? I mean, the schools are closed because its dangerous to be outside for any length of time and the Super Rink is sending me emails about bringing the kids to open skating today  :unsure:

When I got in my car this morning, the temp was -3.  I noticed that the electronics were lagging.  Like the screen on the dashboard would slowly fade into the next screen.  I had to get gas, and the screen on the pump was doing the same thing.  I thought this was odd because, while this temp is odd for us, it happens all over the country every winter.  I was having trouble getting gas because the screen wasn't registering my click right away.  

I commend you guys for living in a place where even electronics are like, "Nope.  Too cold."

4 this morning in nyc when I left. 7 now. 

cold, yeah- but compared to those numbers you guys have been going through, feels manageable with the right clothing. still biked to work (less than 15mins), and only really felt it on my thumbs. those numbers you guys were talking about hurts just to read.

Squall line just came through here in Lancaster.  Lasted about 20 minutes and was like a blizzard.  I couldn't see the other side of the parking lot here at work.
that came through NYC yesterday afternoon too. clear, some flakes and then *whammo*. my wife said she got an alert- but I didn't. of course my wife and daughter got caught in it, had to duck into the library and hang out for a while.

Squall line just came through here in Lancaster.  Lasted about 20 minutes and was like a blizzard.  I couldn't see the other side of the parking lot here at work.
It passed through NYC right around 3:30 and was gone before 4:00. When it passed through, I was sitting on the 38th floor close to Battery Park, which is an extremely windy area. 

What was unbelievable was how quickly we were engulfed in it, visibility shot down to nothing within seconds. But when it passed, same thing, everything returned back to normal within seconds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It passed through NYC right around 3:30 and was gone before 4:00. When it passed through, I was sitting on the 38th floor close to Battery Park, which is an extremely windy area. 

What was unbelievable was how quickly we were engulfed in it, visibility shot down to nothing within seconds. But when it passed, same thing, everything returned back to normal within seconds. 
Yeah, snow squalls are crazy.  They have a similar type setup as a spring/summer thunderstorm.  There is a lot of power with them and they happen very quickly.  Snow rates can rival the worst blizzards, but because they only last 10-20 minutes, they don't usually accumulate much.  But because the wind comes in with it, the visibility turns a sunny sky into white out conditions instantly.

My personal belief is that the NWS should send these Warnings out like they do Tornado Warnings or Flood Warnings:  Over the phone to everyone.  I don't think people realize how dangerous they can be.

I love how every year or so the media finds new weather terms and just over uses them forever.  They found 'Polar Vortex' and 'Bombogenesis' a few years back.  Now it looks like 'Frost Quake' will be the new buzz word.

It's really all media.  Sports media globed on to  'optics' and 'incredulous' and haven't let go.

Gotta love all the Hoth Twitter memes 😂
When we lived in the Twin Cities, I added a "location" to Facebook for me to check in:  Hoth.  Used that on more than one occasion.

Now back in SoCal, where it rained most of the day.  Even had a few rumbles of thunder, which rarely happens.

TheIronSheik said:
I love how every year or so the media finds new weather terms and just over uses them forever.  They found 'Polar Vortex' and 'Bombogenesis' a few years back.  Now it looks like 'Frost Quake' will be the new buzz word.

It's really all media.  Sports media globed on to  'optics' and 'incredulous' and haven't let go.
I love the way the weather people get all geeked up. Local tart dressed even more slutty than usual because she knew this was her showtime.

TheIronSheik said:
When I got in my car this morning, the temp was -3.  I noticed that the electronics were lagging.  Like the screen on the dashboard would slowly fade into the next screen.  I had to get gas, and the screen on the pump was doing the same thing.  I thought this was odd because, while this temp is odd for us, it happens all over the country every winter.  I was having trouble getting gas because the screen wasn't registering my click right away.  

I commend you guys for living in a place where even electronics are like, "Nope.  Too cold."
-8.5° at my place in western Chester County this morning. Bottomed out later than usual at 8am

Been raining off and on for a few days here in SoCal, which is very odd.  Have had some downpours too which is even odder.  

Going to be somewhat chilly when not raining.  Highs in the low-60's, lows in the low 40's.  I'm ready for summer already.

Last edited by a moderator:
northwest is taking a beating now.

we are seeing below zero temps and wind chills approaching -40.  looks like its going to last for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread